anybody love LA as much as me?

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
yeah yeah I know of the bums everywhere on the street but its ALWAYS been a savage barbaric world we live in so whats new? I saw some of the sites of LA last year and am going to be there for the weekend to see much more,anybody else seen a lot of the sites there as well and have had the time of your life doing so?

oh and i LOVE san diego even more so so you know.they dont have the traffic.been there as well.

yeah yeah I know of the bums everywhere on the street but its ALWAYS been a savage barbaric world we live in so whats new? I saw some of the sites of LA last year and am going to be there for the weekend to see much more,anybody else seen a lot of the sites there as well and have had the time of your life doing so?
Seems like the more Latinos And Afros moved into this country the more homeless we get

oh and i LOVE san diego even more so so you know.they dont have the traffic.been there as well.

I lived in Mission Beach San Diego area in the 70's for a year, went there with 2 friends. We all loved it. Never planned on staying. I'm sure it has changed by now. I see they still have Belmont Amusement park where I worked.

I lived in Mission Beach San Diego area in the 70's for a year, went there with 2 friends. We all loved it. Never planned on staying. I'm sure it has changed by now. I see they still have Belmont Amusement park where I worked.
Pen....you wouldn't recognize it today..it would bring a tear to your eye.....

I liked LA a lot when I visited, except for the traffic. Vibrant, interesting, lots of creativity and culture going on. I don't understand this weird right-winger thing of dumping on a particular city. I doubt that any of the places in which they themselves live is anything to write home about. It seems that they are afraid of populated places and need their Walmart, convenience stores, churches, and cows to comfort them in their boredom. Some of them appear to be freaked out that some people make (OMG!) movies in LA.

It's a shit hole just like San Fagcisco and every other shit hole city in the shit hole state. Hell they can't even keep the friggin power on anymore.

I liked LA a lot when I visited, except for the traffic. Vibrant, interesting, lots of creativity and culture going on. I don't understand this weird right-winger thing of dumping on a particular city. I doubt that any of the places in which they themselves live is anything to write home about. It seems that they are afraid of populated places and need their Walmart, convenience stores, churches, and cows to comfort them in their boredom. Some of them appear to be freaked out that some people make (OMG!) movies in LA.
The conservative media is on a track to attack all major cities
They are all shitholes, rat infested, full of homeless shitting on the streets

I have visited conservative cities around the country. There is no community planning, zoning is a joke, no investment in infrastructure or community services. Their biggest cultural activity is hanging out at Walmart and eating at Denny’s

I will take our liberal cities any day

I have visited conservative cities around the country. There is no community planning, zoning is a joke, no investment in infrastructure or community services. Their biggest cultural activity is hanging out at Walmart and eating at Denny’s

It is a shame that issues like this are cast in political terms like "liberal" and "conservative." I've been to rural communities in places like Texas and West Virginia. I once spent a dismal New Year's Eve in Denton, TX, with my aunt, who was going to her new USAF station in Wichita Falls, because we couldn't find a room in Dallas. We took the "booze bag" up to our room and watched the ball drop in Times Square. There was nothing else going on. Maybe some people like these places, but I grew up a short bus ride from Manhattan, with the museums and the Rockettes at Radio City, etc. I love places that have this energetic and creative vibe. Ideas, creativity, diverse experiences, people constantly moving. I couldn't survive in the country longer than a horseback ride.

We have cultural differences. It's a shame that they have morphed into something political with such enmity.

Nope
As a native NY'r I automatically say no :auiqs.jpg:...la isn't even a real city it's a giant burb they call a city ...I like san fran better to bad they're destroying it

The NYC I miss no longer exists .....sigh

It is a shame that issues like this are cast in political terms like "liberal" and "conservative." I've been to rural communities in places like Texas and West Virginia. I once spent a dismal New Year's Eve in Denton, TX, with my aunt, who was going to her new USAF station in Wichita Falls, because we couldn't find a room in Dallas. We took the "booze bag" up to our room and watched the ball drop in Times Square. There was nothing else going on. Maybe some people like these places, but I grew up a short bus ride from Manhattan, with the museums and the Rockettes at Radio City, etc. I love places that have this energetic and creative vibe. Ideas, creativity, diverse experiences, people constantly moving. I couldn't survive in the country longer than a horseback ride.

We have cultural differences. It's a shame that they have morphed into something political with such enmity.

Conservative America is a cultural wasteland. Nothing to see, nothing to do. The restaurants are crap chains with nothing worth eating

You can see why they hate our cities

Of the larger cities, LA is not one of my favorites. It is too spread out and has no defining character. It does have great nightlife and some good restaurants.

I don't understand this weird right-winger thing of dumping on a particular city:beer::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::thankusmile:

yeah Indeed,well said. yeah the traffic is pretty bad,thats why i actually prefer san diego over LA.suprisingly other than rush hour,its not bad there at all.

people can trash california all they want to but their just going by what they have heard from the media. I have a handful of friends from here in the midwest where i live that moved out there over 10 years ago and they NEVER want to come back here again. who can blame them? man I get so jeoulous of them. they will come back here and VISIT yeah but they wont come back here to live again,:2up:

Its more expensive than most states sure,if your not rich,then its best to leave i wont argue that,but if your rich,then its the best place there is.its got everything.california does i mean. sure the taxes are high but if your rich,then like i said no problem. sure there is the homeless problem with people on tents but other major cities have that as well,new york,texas,nevada,thats going on all around the country.

the people that bash it all the time are just going by what they hear,they have never been there.california has its problems but many other states have the same problems they do as well. Like i said,it is more expensive than most states but im rich so that wont bother me when i move out there to join my friends.

Last edited:

I used to adore SoCal in my younger years. I grew up there, graduated HS there...San Diego. These many years later when I go back (family still there) I can't STAND it there. Especially where I grew up.
I can see the appeal of it however. I understand it.

Forum List

Back