Anyone a member of Mensa ??

I was talked into joining many years ago but I didn't like the smug attitude of the thing. Never was the kind to join clubs in the first place and that one just seems to have no point other than to give pretentious assholes something to brag about.

1661145010704.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Heard of it. In viewing the various tests that qualify someone, I noticed that my S-B did not qualify me, but my GCR/ARI did. I guess that I am just on the cusp of being smug and pretentious. Us sonar techs are like that. No, I never joined.

Coast Guard. Served on the Mellon in Honolulu and the Chase in Boston.
wow great "dream sheeting" duty...Went to "A" school in san diego, ended up on a carrier [The America] out of Norfolk did a Med cruise then went into the yards for a year where I ran the bowling alley and auto hobby shop, did a couple of GITMO'S and then went home...Time of my life

wow great "dream sheeting" duty...Went to "A" school in san diego, ended up on a carrier [The America] out of Norfolk did a Med cruise then went into the yards for a year where I ran the bowling alley and auto hobby shop, did a couple of GITMO'S and then went home...Time of my life
Way back when, the sonar school was in Key West where I attended A, B, and C schools. Did a couple of Alaskan fishery patrols out of Honolulu. A bunch of November patrols. Pulled into Pearl once where we all had to come on deck and stand at attention when we went by the Arizona. Went to Gitmo out of Boston for some ASW exercises. Lost my military ID in Jamaca and had to spend the rest of our time there on board. Too bad, The Playboy club let it be known that if we showed up in our dress uniforms, we could get in.

Way back when, the sonar school was in Key West where I attended A, B, and C schools. Did a couple of Alaskan fishery patrols out of Honolulu. A bunch of November patrols. Pulled into Pearl once where we all had to come on deck and stand at attention when we went by the Arizona. Went to Gitmo out of Boston for some ASW exercises. Lost my military ID in Jamaca and had to spend the rest of our time there on board. Too bad, The Playboy club let it be known that if we showed up in our dress uniforms, we could get in.
Do you miss those days? I sure miss my time in the service

Forum List

Back