Anyone else up cooking?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Doing as much prep tonight as I can.

Got the Yams peeled. Green beans almost done. Finished the pies & peeled the potatoes.
My son in law is getting up early to cook breakfast for everyone. I just hope he's a good guest and cleans up after he's done. Gonna be a mad house.

I loathe & love thanksgiving. Love the food & family time but damn the mess.

Anyhow happy thanksgiving all and enjoy you day of Grampa free insults.

:beer:

thanksgiving...the day we see relatives we have avoided all year....

duck is salted..green beans are cooked to death and will be cooked some more....sweet taters are cooked and waiting to be peeled and made into a casserole....pumpkin pie is done....apple pie will be done later....lazy morning here...i have a ton of stuff i could do...why stress...

• Banned
why are we chatting and not cooking lol why....
This is one of the two days I regret getting divorced. It was so much simpler when I could just watch football, eat & drink.

On topic this year I'm trying something new with the bird. Smoking it with apple wood, chucked apples & onions & lemons stuffed inside. Glazing it with hard apple cider mixed with apple sauce.

it is starting to rain.....it may not be much rain but we will take anything at this point........i just hope its a nice steady downpour.....for which all of western nc will be thankful for.....no matter how little it is....we need it

i wouldnt do the onion just the apple sliced up and the lemon sliced up......big chunks but cut

i have never done the cider glaze....low sugar is a bitch....i put a whole pineapple in casserole cause i cant do marshmallows or the brown sugar.....i will put a sprinkle on top but that is it....

now i have salted the duck..which i will wash off before cooking...am told me to take a pot of boiling water and pour over it before roasting...says it will tighten up the skin and be crispier and you want duck skin crispy

Supposed to be sunny & 55 here tomorrow. Perfect weather for the grill. Been a mild winter so far. Not even a hint of freezing Temps, which will be a nice change of pace from two foot of snow.

i wouldnt do the onion just the apple sliced up and the lemon sliced up......big chunks but cut

i have never done the cider glaze....low sugar is a bitch....i put a whole pineapple in casserole cause i cant do marshmallows or the brown sugar.....i will put a sprinkle on top but that is it....

now i have salted the duck..which i will wash off before cooking...am told me to take a pot of boiling water and pour over it before roasting...says it will tighten up the skin and be crispier and you want duck skin crispy
I fully expect the turkey skin to burn. Everyone I've talked to that cooked it this way says theirs did but keep it moist as often as possible without letting the heat out of the grill.

why are we chatting and not cooking lol why....
This is one of the two days I regret getting divorced. It was so much simpler when I could just watch football, eat & drink.

On topic this year I'm trying something new with the bird. Smoking it with apple wood, chucked apples & onions & lemons stuffed inside. Glazing it with hard apple cider mixed with apple sauce.

I need your address and telephone number----I AM COMING!!!!!!!!

The turkey is stuffed and in the oven, the other ready for the deep fryer.

The ham is prepped and ready.

Potatoes, check. Sweet potatoes, check, veggies, check, stuffing check, etc.

30 guests and family coming today.

Just got kicked out of the kitchen. The Mrs. has taken over.

Coffee break.

Thanksgiving here is like feeding and Air Force Squadron.

Cleaning the dishes as we go along.

Happy Thanksgiving to USMB.

The verdict is in. This is the best Turkey I've ever had. Very tender & juicy. And the skin was black as coal when I took it off the grill. Delicious

Oh and I skipped the onion

Steak au Poivre with a cognac cream sauce, garlic mash potatoes with Parmesan Reggiano, fresh green beans from the garden and a big Pinot or maybe a cab. Cherry pie with freshly whipped...emphasis on the h...cream. Fresh nuts and cheese, along with a vintage Port, an '85 Graham, stand ready should anyone have the room.

It'll be yummy.

Forum List

Back