Anyone know how to uninstall the touchpad function on a laptop windows 10?

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2017
I have disabled it several times...but it keeps coming back....I now have a piece of cardboard taped over the touchpad in case I accidentaly touch it and mess up eveything.

I have disabled it several times...but it keeps coming back....I now have a piece of cardboard taped over the touchpad in case I accidentaly touch it and mess up eveything.
I went into the setup routine on mine and did it there, only it was win7. Maybe yours will allow it too.

• Banned
I went into the setup routine on mine and did it there, only it was win7. Maybe yours will allow it too.

I have a toshiba laptop windows 10...must have different settings.....i was able to disable it for awhile and then it came back...then I uninstalled the synaptics pointer device but to no avail.

I have followed all the different directions on the internet till I am dizzy...I will take this up another day...thanks anyhow.

I have a toshiba laptop windows 10...must have different settings.....i was able to disable it for awhile and then it came back...then I uninstalled the synaptics pointer device but to no avail.

I have followed all the different directions on the internet till I am dizzy...I will take this up another day...thanks anyhow.
Win10 definitely sucks. I have tried to turn off a lot of the crap it does so I look up how to do it online and it tells me, step by step, and when I follow those steps, my version doesn't have those steps. I hate it and might try to find a copy of win7 and use that.

Win10 definitely sucks. I have tried to turn off a lot of the crap it does so I look up how to do it online and it tells me, step by step, and when I follow those steps, my version doesn't have those steps. I hate it and might try to find a copy of win7 and use that.
It sucks compared to Windows '95?

Take the screws out of the bottom and uncover the parts. Remove the battery, and the tape line to the touchpad should be around there some place. Gently pull the tape line from the receptacle on the mother board.
Thanks, that sounds more cost effective than throwing the keyboard out the window and cursing at Bill Gates and Microsoft.

Anyone know how to uninstall the touchpad function on a laptop windows 10?​

STANDARD PROCEDURE I USE:

1. Permanently disable touchpad on Win10 laptop by beating repeatedly with 5 pound sledgehammer.

Smashtop.jpg

2. Install new Apple Mac Pro.​
apple-macbook-pro-15.4-x22-intel-core-i7-2ghz-quad-8gb-laptop-mc721b-a-refurbished-[2]-259-p.jpg

Do you know if it came back after installing a windows update each time?

Enable-Touchpad-in-Windows-10-768x435.png

Your system usually turns off the touchpad automatically when a mouse is connected. If not, uncheck the "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" option above. Even if you uninstall the touchpad driver, it will be automatically re-installed when the system is restarted.

thanx ....you are absolutely correct about those alleged fixes....I used to have windows 7 and it was much better but i bought this new computer and ir came with windows 10.

It seems microsoft wants evething their way and could not care less about their cusomers....I am thinking about setting up Linux as my operating system.

Enable-Touchpad-in-Windows-10-768x435.png

Your system usually turns off the touchpad automatically when a mouse is connected. If not, uncheck the "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" option above. Even if you uninstall the touchpad driver, it will be automatically re-installed when the system is restarted.

I do not have that setting with the touchpad on and off button.

1. Permanently disable touchpad on Win10 laptop by beating repeatedly with 5 pound sledgehammer.

View attachment 489512

Are those 18650 batteries?

Yes, save them ... I've got about 3,000 in my garage
Yes but isn't that whording?

View attachment 489512

Are those 18650 batteries?

Yes, save them ... I've got about 3,000 in my garage
Yes but isn't that whording?

Oh, I see ... when the carnival huckster Musk charges you $16,000 for a bunch of them, it's OK?

Forum List

Back