Anyone thinking of retiring to Asia?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This is a serious question for those who would, or are, considering leaving the U.S. and retiring to Asia.

Have you decided on which Asian country would be best for you, and what about this particular country do you find most appealing? Are your reasons purely financial, or are there other factors involved in your decision?

I could live quite well in Asia on my retirement income (when I finally reach retirement) and am considering it.

I have two acquaintances who are seriously considering moving to the Philippines when they retire. Their reasons are both financial and cultural. These are very Conservative individuals who are losing faith that the US can be saved.

I have two acquaintances who are seriously considering moving to the Philippines when they retire. Their reasons are both financial and cultural. These are very Conservative individuals who are losing faith that the US can be saved.
You don’t have to be conservative to know the USA is f’ed up.

No.

Why would you do that?
why not?
Because My family lives here and as a retiree, I'd want to be close to them? Seems pretty straight foreward.
Okay, but I didn’t ask you.
You asked a general question. I provided one of probably dozens of possible legitimate answers. None of which has anything to do with race.
Race? Why bring up race?

No.

Why would you do that?
why not?
Because My family lives here and as a retiree, I'd want to be close to them? Seems pretty straight foreward.
You asked a general question. I provided one of probably dozens of possible legitimate answers. None of which has anything to do with race.
Race? Why bring up race?
That is how I took your response. As a 'race bait'.

No.

Why would you do that?
why not?
Race? Why bring up race?
That is how I took your response. As a 'race bait'.
Wrong. Very wrong.

I share their concerns, but find it strange as conservatives they don't think the country can be saved. If true conservatives, I share the sentiment, but if Trump conservatives, they have nothing to be worried about. This is all subjective, of course, and open to ones interpretation of events. Plus I hate cold weather, and live in the Midwest, and summers are fairly scorching these days, with lots of humidity, so I think I can handle the Thailand hot months, as well as making my dollar go further than in this country.

Corporate America is gaslighting us all, costs are out of control on everything, none more so than medical care. I could pay out of pocket for most things medical in Asia.

I share their concerns, but find it strange as conservatives they don't think the country can be saved. If true conservatives, I share the sentiment, but if Trump conservatives, they have nothing to be worried about. This is all subjective, of course, and open to ones interpretation of events. Plus I hate cold weather, and live in the Midwest, and summers are fairly scorching these days, with lots of humidity, so I think I can handle the Thailand hot months, as well as making my dollar go further than in this country.

Corporate America is gaslighting us all, costs are out of control on everything, none more so than medical care. I could pay out of pocket for most things medical in Asia.
Again, you don’t have to be a con to know the country is messed up. It has nothing to do with who is potus. If you think that way, you’re a bumb ass partisan. Joe is no different from Don, or O, or W. They’re all the same.

Again, you don’t have to be a con to know the country is messed up. It has nothing to do with who is potus. If you think that way, you’re a bumb ass partisan. Joe is no different from Don, or O, or W. They’re all the same.

That's your opinion, and you're free to believe it.

I don't do false equivalencies.

Sex with minors is illegal in Thailand, too. Just letting you know...

Thailand would be awesome. I could probably retire there now lol. Plus sex with hot asian chicks(the ones that dont have dicks) would be cheap. I could finally have that MFFFF session i have been dreaming about.

Its so obvious that apparently wingers on both sides can’t see it.

Nothing changes with slow Joe. He even said so. The ultra wealthy, the MIC, and big corporations will continue to run the country. The people’s demands will continue to be mostly ignored and many will be duped by the establishment, as you are.

Last edited:

Nothing changes with slow Joe. He even said so. The ultra wealthy, the MIC, and big corporations will continue to run the country. The people’s demands will continue to be mostly ignored and many will be duped by the establishment, as you are.

There are indeed some similarities between Republicans and Democrats, I get it, I'm no fan of either party because they both govern at the edges instead of governing in the middle, however, what I saw under Trump is nothing I've ever seen before, and I'm not naïve enough to believe it was a one-off. We have millions of Americans begging for more, and they're likely to get it. I should be watching from afar if all works out.

There are indeed some similarities between Republicans and Democrats, I get it, I'm no fan of either party because they both govern at the edges instead of governing in the middle, however, what I saw under Trump is nothing I've ever seen before, and I'm not naïve enough to believe it was a one-off. We have millions of Americans begging for more, and they're likely to get it. I should be watching from afar if all works out.

And you want to move to a theocratic dictatorship like Thailand? What a retard...

This is a serious question for those who would, or are, considering leaving the U.S. and retiring to Asia.

Have you decided on which Asian country would be best for you, and what about this particular country do you find most appealing? Are your reasons purely financial, or are there other factors involved in your decision?

I could live quite well in Asia on my retirement income (when I finally reach retirement) and am considering it.
If I win the lotto...I am retiring in Aruba...not anywhere in Asia. Sorry.

Forum List

Back