Appalachia's Katrina: Does Anyone Care?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
I'm astounded (or not really) that the MSM seems obsessed with Hezbollah halfway around the world. Meanwhile, Asheville NC and surrounding areas are decimated and cut off from modern civilization. At least 50 people have died and maybe more. Not the big story I guess.

However much we hate the MSM, it's not enough. Not nearly enough.

1727599679206.png

North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper announced Saturday evening that 10 people have died due to Hurricane Helene.

"The catastrophic devastation to western North Carolina is like nothing we have ever seen," Cooper said in a statement. "Emergency responders are working around the clock coordinating rescues and getting resources to help people with their immediate needs as they work to save lives."

Since Thursday, over 200 people have been rescued through water and helicopter rescues in the state.

-ABC News' Victoria Arancio

President Biden is flying over that area right now, to survey the damage.

In his dreams.

How would more news coverage stop the flooding? Hurricane Ivan left 9 feet in my parent`s home so I`m not unsympathetic but when people are grabbing their remotes to change the channel, networks will cut back their coverage. Their money is more important to them than the fact that people are dying.

I'm astounded (or not really) that the MSM seems obsessed with Hezbollah halfway around the world. Meanwhile, Asheville NC and surrounding areas are decimated and cut off from modern civilization. At least 50 people have died and maybe more. Not the big story I guess.

View attachment 1019324

North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper announced Saturday evening that 10 people have died due to Hurricane Helene.

"The catastrophic devastation to western North Carolina is like nothing we have ever seen," Cooper said in a statement. "Emergency responders are working around the clock coordinating rescues and getting resources to help people with their immediate needs as they work to save lives."

Since Thursday, over 200 people have been rescued through water and helicopter rescues in the state.

It's bad I was out east earlier ...

People are rolling up their sleeves and helping each other out ...for the most part

Good ol boys from around the region will be doing what they can

View attachment 1019324

I started a thread about this yesterday, and as is the norm on this forum it turned into political mudslinging

President Biden is flying over that area right now, to survey the damage.

In his dreams.
Biden still has not made it to Palestine Ohio after the train disaster, but it is still on his list from what I hear.

It is kind of ironic she linked to a story from the MSM in a thread whining about the MSM not covering the topic
Red areas have no interest for the left, unless they can be flooded with immigrants like in Springfield to turn them all blue. And if they dare complain about it, they are all a bunch of hateful racists or make fun of them and mock them like Kamala mockingly sneered at Trump for bringing it up during the last debate.

It's just the political fact of life these days.

Red areas have no interest for the left, unless they can be flooded with immigrants like in Springfield to turn them all blue. And if they complain about it, they are all a bunch of hateful racists.

It's just the political fact of life these days.

One might ask whether making everything political, even natural disasters helps or hurts the situations. I would have to side with the idea it does great harm.

Forum List

Back