Are the numerous dog breeds proof of evolution?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I don't have a science background and don't know much about evolution but I believe the answer to my question is YES. What say you? Here's an article that delves into the topic.

That depends on the definition of evolution doesn't it? Evolution, to me is, a morphing of one thing to another, incrementally, usually over time- dogs have always been dogs- (although I have a book [fiction] about how Comanche's first introduction to horses they called them big dogs) - my youngest son rented his RV trailer to a lady this past week end at a horse show, which he delivered to her, and it recalled when he was kid he used to visit a friend, a lot, who had horses and he had (and still does) think they're just big dogs because of they interact with humans

I believe it is evidence of evolution. Lots of people want to include abiogenesis in with the theory of evolution, but they are not the same thing.

It's not natural evolution. We do the same thing with plants. We selectively breed. Yes, evolution does something similar, but the process occurs much slower naturally and it's for the survival benefit of that individual creature, not some other creature that's manipulating it to serve its ends.

I don't have a science background and don't know much about evolution but I believe the answer to my question is YES. What say you? Here's an article that delves into the topic.

Nope.. Its a result of selective breeding.
Survival of the fittest is selective breeding too. It is connected to evolution; it's just being accelerated by people for the purpose of benefiting people.

Exactly. Breeders are very specific about the physical attributes they want when selecting mating pairs.

If you took a dog and put it in an isolated place where life was continually difficult but not impossible for several million years what you would end up with would not be a dog. They would adapt to their environment. Of course evolution is a real thing because adaptation is an observable phenomena. The origin of life itself is almost a separate question. We still don't have a good answer to how the first living cell came to be. After that it's settled science.

Survival of the fittest is selective breeding too. It is connected to evolution; it's just being accelerated by people for the purpose of benefiting people.

Once dogs (or wolves) became domesticated man began to breed them for qualities they liked or needed.

Exactly. Breeders are very specific about the physical attributes they want when selecting mating pairs.
So is GOD

So is GOD
Odd, because the Noah fable identifies He and his immediate family left to repopulate the planet. The gods were specific about incestuous and familial relations?

Not really . It’s human induced genetic breading.
The whale is evolution as it was once a land animal that moved to the water

Once dogs (or wolves) became domesticated man began to breed them for qualities they liked or needed.

1621812043675.png

So is GOD
Odd, because the Noah fable identifies He and his immediate family left to repopulate the planet. The gods were specific about incestuous and familial relations?

They repopulated the planet in 100 years before the collapse of the Tower of Babel. Isn't that amazing?

So is GOD

They repopulated the planet in 100 years before the collapse of the Tower of Babel. Isn't that amazing?
Not so amazing when one questions the veracity of such a fable. Not so amazing when one understands the obvious medical implications of such behavior and allowance for such by the gods.

It's all fun and games until people with six fingers and room temperature IQ's start breeding.

You're fine with this behavior for your immediate family?

Different domestic animal (and plant) breeds are about humans tinkering with the breeding program for reasons. Did you know that corn has been tinkered with so much that it cannot propagate in the wild anymore?

So is GOD

Not so amazing when one questions the veracity of such a fable. Not so amazing when one understands the obvious medical implications of such behavior and allowance for such by the gods.

It's all fun and games until people with six fingers and room temperature IQ's start breeding.

You're fine with this behavior for your immediate family?

Late edit: re-read and wasn't sure if your post was sarcasm or not.

According to some, viruses are evidence of evolution. Viruses pass on genetic data from one species to another, allowing them to learn and adapt.

I believe it is evidence of evolution. Lots of people want to include abiogenesis in with the theory of evolution, but they are not the same thing.
I believe to the contrary, that all the breeds of dogs demonstrate that with all the tampering ---- dogs remain dogs, cats remain cats, and calling a horse a dog doesn't mean that either is related...

Different domestic animal (and plant) breeds are about humans tinkering with the breeding program for reasons. Did you know that corn has been tinkered with so much that it cannot propagate in the wild anymore?
So, that sounds more like devolving...

Forum List

Back