Are the numerous dog breeds proof of evolution?

I don't have a science background and don't know much about evolution but I believe the answer to my question is YES. What say you? Here's an article that delves into the topic.

No. The numerous dog breeds are due to intelligent design, ie. human beings bred them intentionally to produce the different breeds and their traits, for various purposes.

Your linked article even says so, in the second or third paragraph. They're not using the word "evolution" in the scientific sense; they're using it in the colloquial sense, meaning "the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form".

The numerous dog breeds are due to intelligent design, ie. human beings bred them intentionally to produce the different breeds and their traits, for various purposes.
Which is only possible because evolution is a fact. Genetic makeup over a population can change. That's what evolution is. The theory of evolution explains how evolution brought us every species that has ever lived.

However there is no clear proof or real evidence that a single mammal has ever evolved into 2 or more distinctly different species.
False. There are mountains of such evidence.
No there is not all you have is similarity in DNA. As it close but no cigar. I mean did we descend from a pig like creature?

Seems to me that some folks still ARE pig-like creatures. And no, I'm not referring to you.

The numerous dog breeds are due to intelligent design, ie. human beings bred them intentionally to produce the different breeds and their traits, for various purposes.
Which is only possible because evolution is a fact. Genetic makeup over a population can change. That's what evolution is. The theory of evolution explains how evolution brought us every species that has ever lived.

Oh, WILL you go bother someone who doesn't know you? If I want to hear a moron preaching at me, I will go look up the Westboro Baptist Church. At least THEY'RE funny.

I hate it when you fanatics get your mouths frothing and your eyes rolling in opposite directions because you think you've found a soapbox.

If I want to hear a moron preaching at me, I will go look up the Westboro Baptist Church. At least THEY'RE funny.
You should pay attention, since i am correct. This isn't the section for your daily little baby tantrum. Go find a Trump thread.

Save your spittle-flecked breath. I don't read your posts. I just assume they all say some version of, "I really hate God and Christians, so evolution must be true!!!!! AAAAuuuuugh!!!" and then I scroll past them the way I walk around homeless people on the corner who are shouting at the sky.

If I want to hear a moron preaching at me, I will go look up the Westboro Baptist Church. At least THEY'RE funny.
You should pay attention, since i am correct. This isn't the section for your daily little baby tantrum. Go find a Trump thread.

Save your spittle-flecked breath. I don't read your posts. I just assume they all say some version of, "I really hate God and Christians, so evolution must be true!!!!! AAAAuuuuugh!!!" and then I scroll past them the way I walk around homeless people on the corner who are shouting at the sky.
*and then you have an embarrassing little hissy fit that would make a lobotomized baby blush

Don't leave that part out.

I don't have a science background and don't know much about evolution but I believe the answer to my question is YES. What say you? Here's an article that delves into the topic.

I thought that was breeding and that evolution is much longer

I thought that was breeding and that evolution is much longer
That would be speciation that you are referring to. Evolution in its most basic form is just a change in the genetic makeup of a population. When evolution causes two isolated populations of the same species to diverge quite a bit, that can be speciation. Or when one species itself changes over time, it can become a new species.

Dogs are not evolved, they are de-evolved into parasites from wolves. 99 percent of modern dog breeds can never live in nature and as said are parasitic to humans

Breeds such as teacup poodles and other little rat dogs are proof of Devolution.

Just sayin'.
Those are hunting dogs. Don't let the small stature fool you. Those small dogs are rodent hunters and rabbit hunters. They have hearts of lions.

Dogs are not evolved, they are de-evolved into parasites from wolves. 99 percent of modern dog breeds can never live in nature and as said are parasitic to humans
That's an arbitrary and completely useless rendering of the term "de-evolved".

Again dogs have been de-evolved into parasites that are 100 percent dependent on humans, wolves live 100 percent independent of humans. Are you going to seriously maintain that a bulldog that can not either have sex or give birth naturally is evolved. Besides wolves and dogs are EXACTLY the same species and as such can interbreed so there is no evolution that has taken place

Again dogs have been de-evolved into parasites that are 100 percent dependent on humans, wolves live 100 percent independent of humans. Are you going to seriously maintain that a bulldog that can not either have sex or give birth naturally is evolved. Besides wolves and dogs are EXACTLY the same species and as such can interbreed so there is no evolution that has taken place
That might have gotten dumber with the second repetition.

That might have gotten dumber with the second repetition.
Again stupid dogs and wolves are exactly the same species. Not that you knew this.

Yawn

Breeds such as teacup poodles and other little rat dogs are proof of Devolution.

Just sayin'.
Those are hunting dogs. Don't let the small stature fool you. Those small dogs are rodent hunters and rabbit hunters. They have hearts of lions.

And all dogs serve the basic purpose of watch dog in a house, because they all have better senses than humans, and can alert their owners to the presence of unauthorized people on the property. Even a small dog which is loudly yapping and drawing attention can be enough to make a criminal choose another property to target where less attention is being drawn to him.

Forum List

Back