Are vaccine makers immune from liability?

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
My understanding is that the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act, reinforced by the PREP Act, specifies that vaccine makers cannot be sued, even if they are shown to be negligent. Has anybody heard otherwise?

If a company is not willing to stand behind their product as safe, especially one they rushed to market and skipped animal trials on, what does this tell you?

My understanding is that the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act, reinforced by the PREP Act, specifies that vaccine makers cannot be sued, even if they are shown to be negligent. Has anybody heard otherwise?

If a company is not willing to stand behind their product as safe, especially one they rushed to market and skipped animal trials on, what does this tell you?

This has been true for awhile. You may be able to file a claim under the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. Just FYI, Virginia's Workers Comp system is set up very similarly. Worker's Comp is the exclusive remedy for workplace injury in the state by statute.

This has been true for awhile. You may be able to file a claim under the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. Just FYI, Virginia's Workers Comp system is set up very similarly. Worker's Comp is the exclusive remedy for workplace injury in the state by statute.

Humans are animals. Film at 11.

No, that's not the way the FDA delineates their clinical trials. They run tests on animals and then humans.

No, that's not the way the FDA delineates their clinical trials. They run tests on animals and then humans.
An imal trials are to see if human trials are warranted and safe.

If they skipped animal trials and went straight to human trials with only test tube trials, and those in the human trials accepted no animal trials were done, before their trial, then I don't think they can sue.

since the human trials turned out to be effective with no major consequences that would have stopped any other human trial from going forward to the public....

along with FDA approval on moving the vaccine in to the public's arms, I don't think they can be easily sued...?

BUT IF AS AN EXAMPLE, the vaccine maker lied about their human trial results to the FDA who issued them emergency use approval, then I do believe they could be held liable.....

If they skipped animal trials and went straight to human trials with only test tube trials, and those in the human trials accepted no animal trials were done, before their trial, then I don't think they can sue.

since the human trials turned out to be effective with no major consequences that would have stopped any other human trial from going forward to the public....

along with FDA approval on moving the vaccine in to the public's arms, I don't think they can be easily sued...?

BUT IF AS AN EXAMPLE, the vaccine maker lied about their human trial results to the FDA who issued them emergency use approval, then I do believe they could be held liable.....

All fine and well but 2-3 months of human testing isn't going to afford too many answers compared to a clinical trial that lasts 8-12 years.

All fine and well but 2-3 months of human testing isn't going to afford too many answers compared to a clinical trial that lasts 8-12 years.
what good would waiting 10 to 12 years do... to the 100 million killed from the virus over the next 12 years, if everyone waited?

Yes, it is a leap of faith...but waiting 10 to 12 years, is out of the question....

and trial testing is at 10 months now with the original 45,000 trial members, plus millions of others vaccinated early on, are at 6 months....which they are watching as well.

what good would waiting 10 to 12 years do... to the 100 million killed from the virus over the next 12 years, if everyone waited?

Yes, it is a leap of faith...but waiting 10 to 12 years, is out of the question....

No, its not a leap of faith. It's how real science works.

Yes, people getting vaccinated before the 10 years of trials are done, IS HOW Science works, with vaccines.

Yes, people getting vaccinated before the 10 years of trials are done, IS HOW Science works, with vaccines.
Yes, before the general public receives them. That is how it works. Clinical trials have always lasted 8-12 years. This one should have been no different with a mortality rate of 99.7. Another note, you don't vaccinate an entire world with a new technology while a pandemic is happening. Thousand have died now due to the injection while tens of thousands have had adverse reactions in the US. Those numbers jump to the tens of thousands dead and hundreds of thousands dead in the european reporting agency. Historically, those are underreported numbers also at 1 percent. The FDA stopped the swine flu injection in 1976 when 53 people died.

Last edited:

Yes, before the general public receives them. That is how it works. Clinical trials have always lasted 8-12 years. This one should have been no different with a mortality rate of 99.7. Another note, you don't vaccinate an entire world with a new technology while a pandemic is happening.
The trials WILL LAST 10 to 12 years silly one! And no, we do not ever, wait for the 10 years to be done before giving the vaccines to the public....the flu vaccines change every year...?

Yes, before the general public receives them. That is how it works. Clinical trials have always lasted 8-12 years. This one should have been no different with a mortality rate of 99.7. Another note, you don't vaccinate an entire world with a new technology while a pandemic is happening.
The trials WILL LAST 10 to 12 years silly one! And no, we do not ever, wait for the 10 years to be done before giving the vaccines to the public....the flu vaccines change every year...?

Starting in the 1930s, it took decades of research to understand the complexities of influenza, and it wasn't until 1945 that the first vaccine was approved for use in the US. Polio vaccine was first attempted on monkeys and children in 1935 but was unsuccessful. Two more decades of research paved the way for the development of vaccines by salk in 1953 and sabin in 1956. Its really that simple. We're seeing junk science right now.

Last edited:

You're extrapolating numbers. That's speculation. We don't know that based on the natural immunity that has already occurred over the globe.

Humans are animals.

Starting in the 1930s, it took decades of research to understand the complexities of influenza, and it wasn't until 1945 that the first vaccine was approved for use in the US. Polio vaccine was first attempted on monkeys and children in 1935 but was unsuccessful. Two more decades of research paved the way for the development of vaccines by salk in 1953 and sabin in 1956. Its really that simple. We're seeing junk science right now.
this isn't junk science....they've been working on the MRNA technology for 10 years....

you just are unable to keep up with technology and the sciences, which move at a faster pace now.

this isn't junk science....they've been working on the MRNA technology for 10 years....

you just are unable to keep up with technology and the sciences, which move at a faster pace now.

We have no idea of the effects of this experimental injection. We do know that ferrets and felines faired very well with the initial injection but then all died after the wild virus was introduced. Strangely, the animal trials seemed to disappear from this latest clinical trial. Weird huh? Straight to human trials....................and only 8 weeks for the initial phase.

this isn't junk science....they've been working on the MRNA technology for 10 years...
They have been working on it for ten years, but they have had many safety problems with it. By calling these drugs "vaccines," they are now able to bypass the safety studies.

Forum List

Back