Are you infected. May lose internet by July 9.

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
Never hurts to check.

For computer users, a few mouse clicks could mean the difference between staying online and losing Internet connections this summer.

Unknown to most of them, their problem began when international hackers ran an online advertising scam to take control of infected computers around the world. In a highly unusual response, the FBI set up a safety net months ago using government computers to prevent Internet disruptions for those infected users. But that system is to be shut down.

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, DCWG | DNS Changer Working Group , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.

Hundreds of thousands may lose Internet in July | Journal and Courier | jconline.com

Well, if this is true, at least I will be able to use the internet in early July just prior to my birthday...

Never hurts to check.

For computer users, a few mouse clicks could mean the difference between staying online and losing Internet connections this summer.

Unknown to most of them, their problem began when international hackers ran an online advertising scam to take control of infected computers around the world. In a highly unusual response, the FBI set up a safety net months ago using government computers to prevent Internet disruptions for those infected users. But that system is to be shut down.

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, DCWG | DNS Changer Working Group , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.

Hundreds of thousands may lose Internet in July | Journal and Courier | jconline.com

Sounds like Obama's "Kill Switch" going into effect.

I'm protected.

computer_virus1.jpg

Leave it to the Federal Bureau of Idiots :clap2: this is almost as scarey as the Y2K threat....not. If it happens, it happens, not like its frying ya PC. It will bring in business too from all those people that will be panicking about the connection...

WAKE UP AMERICA!!! REMEMBER THIS IS OUR(THE PEOPLE) COUNTRY.

Never hurts to check.

SEE THE FOLLOWING:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/computers/232763-last-call-by-fbi.html

Explained in DETAIL.

I've checked and my computer is fine. Thank goodness, because if it was at risk, I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it!

Never hurts to check.

no thanks and fuck you.

just print out how somebody could fix things without linking to a fucking government hacker site

Just check it out at the FBI website. You can run an FBI program that will access your computer and fix it for you.

Forum List

Back