Are you infected. May lose internet by July 9.

Just check it out at the FBI website. You can run an FBI program that will access your computer and fix it for you.
Why would you allow the FBI to scan your computer? :confused:

I don't have anything illegal on there but still, f*ck em. If they wanna' look at my computer they can get a warrant.

Just check it out at the FBI website. You can run an FBI program that will access your computer and fix it for you.
Why would you allow the FBI to scan your computer? :confused:

I don't have anything illegal on there but still, f*ck em. If they wanna' look at my computer they can get a warrant.

I would't because I never believed this latest hysteria to begin with. If it's not mysterious computer viruses, it's bird flu viruses, it's alar, its global warming/cooling/change, Y2K. Have you noticed that there is a new hysteria almost every day with the same solution. The government will take care of it for you.

Yeah, but then they'll be able to access all my violent video games and conclude that I'm some wacko. I think this virus was created by the FBI.:eek:

This is a serious issue. If that were to be true, and if it's a given that a lot of users are already infected, then the security of the net is questionable. More research and data required regarding this issue.

Never hurts to check.

For computer users, a few mouse clicks could mean the difference between staying online and losing Internet connections this summer.

Unknown to most of them, their problem began when international hackers ran an online advertising scam to take control of infected computers around the world. In a highly unusual response, the FBI set up a safety net months ago using government computers to prevent Internet disruptions for those infected users. But that system is to be shut down.

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, DCWG | DNS Changer Working Group , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.

Hundreds of thousands may lose Internet in July | Journal and Courier | jconline.com

Encountered some curious malware downloading user-created 'maps' for a fairly old obscure rpg. Thing powered-off my system and made it unable to power back on. And when it did it would randomly shut itself off again.

Deleted the game directory and that fixed things. But to make sure this was the source reinstalled it, reinstalled the same maps and sure enough the problem re-emerged. Deleted again and that fixed it.

Because of how many maps I had, I'm not sure which one was ultimately responsible.

Never hurts to check.

For computer users, a few mouse clicks could mean the difference between staying online and losing Internet connections this summer.

Unknown to most of them, their problem began when international hackers ran an online advertising scam to take control of infected computers around the world. In a highly unusual response, the FBI set up a safety net months ago using government computers to prevent Internet disruptions for those infected users. But that system is to be shut down.

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, DCWG | DNS Changer Working Group , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.

Hundreds of thousands may lose Internet in July | Journal and Courier | jconline.com

Ya right. Something just one company on earth can determine and help you fix is totally legit.

Didn't this go around a year or two ago?

Maybe it was longer than that... it has something to do with an Internet proxy ???
anyway, I have been using Linux for well over ten years.

oops! this is a very old post that has had some recent activity - sorry, nothing to see here, move along, move along....

This is a serious issue. If that were to be true, and if it's a given that a lot of users are already infected, then the security of the net is questionable. More research and data required regarding this issue.
Did you even see the date this was posted????? I mean really........ :lol:

Never hurts to check.

I don't even have anti-virus on my system. Never needed it I haven't run into anything yet that I can't get rid of myself.

Never hurts to check.

I don't even have anti-virus on my system. Never needed it I haven't run into anything yet that I can't get rid of myself.

If you have Linux that's okay.

New Topics

Forum List

Back