Attack on gay journalist in NYC is not a hate crime

The dude should have called 911 to get medical attention for the journalist. That should be cause more penalty than if it was for 'hate'.

NYTimes is a pay-to-view site. As such I'm annoyed it always figures so prominantly in google searches.

As to hate crimes, I'm against the legislation. Crime's a crime. If you attack another person I'm assuming you didn't like them very much to begin with, but adding charges for certain groups is elevating the importance of those groups above and beyond every one else. That's not how law is supposed to work.

I can't see the article since you need to log in but how did his sexuality an issue? Something unorthodox with the mic?
You're new here so I'll fill you in on our Troll-In-Chief novasteve.

novasteve spends his days searching the internet for news stories related to gays/transvestites/gay sex. When he finds anything the pattern is as follows:

1. Make thread about it here

2. If thread is ignored bump to top with additional comments meant to incite, these are usually along the lines of "these faggots" type insults the rest of us outgrew in 8th grade

3. When he gets the negative attention he craves, act indignant "why insult me?"

4. Repeat all day, every day.

The consensus here is novasteve is gay and having trouble with the internal struggle over it, so he's got the post gay stuff and insult fixation. His other troll topic is any black on white crime he can find.

Welcome!

NYTimes is a pay-to-view site. As such I'm annoyed it always figures so prominantly in google searches.

As to hate crimes, I'm against the legislation. Crime's a crime. If you attack another person I'm assuming you didn't like them very much to begin with, but adding charges for certain groups is elevating the importance of those groups above and beyond every one else. That's not how law is supposed to work.

I agree completely. I don't care about the race or sexuality of the victim. A person should be charged with the crime they committed, and nothing more.

Forum List

Back