Australian Josh Hope has walked away from soccer, aged 22...because of social media "Abuse"

i didn't know Australia was a nation of wusses!

Its not a new phenomena but social media makes it worse. I have seen players hounded out of clubs by trolls. Its nice for these kids when things are going well and everyone loves you. Its not so nice when you are struggling.

I think they still have a few Crocodile Dundee types along with girlie men like this guy

maybe its the generation he was born into where the internet and social media become their whole world

Its not a new phenomena but social media makes it worse. I have seen players hounded out of clubs by trolls. Its nice for these kids when things are going well and everyone loves you. Its not so nice when you are struggling.

Lots of young wimps in the world today. Can't stand the public eye, it's best to leave.

I am an old man (83) who knows nothing about "social media."

Heck! I don't even have a smartphone.

I guess the closest I come to social media is this discussion forum, where I have of course noticed how rude some posters are.

I have heard that some people have been tempted to commit suicide by what some bad people have written on social media. Children, I hear, are often the most vicious in their comments.

I wish that soccer player the best. Human beings, IMHO. are such [self-censored]!

No real Aussie plays soccer.

They play rugby or the greatest game ever invented in the history of human sport.

Aussie Rules Football.

Forum List

Back