Babyback Ribs

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
So....how do you cook your ribs? Mine always come out tough, so I buy them already made at the market in the deli section where the chicken is also cooked and ready to eat. I LOVE barbque babybacks although I loathe from whence they came. Still..I can eat a whole rack.

Gimmee some simple recipes?

1623302913915.png

1. Grease your pan. I use a deep glass one.
2. Put thawed ribs in pan
3. Cover in BBQ sauce or whatever sauce you're using
4. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and place ribs in oven
5. Let them cook at 250 degrees for about 4-5 hours
6. Set oven to 375 degrees and cook for another 45 minutes
7. Should be ready to fall apart at this point if the rest of the food is ready

NOTE 1: Check the ribs about every hour when at 250 degrees to see if they need water or turning, and about twenty five minutes after putting the temperature to 375 degrees for same reason.

NOTE 2: I use 1 cup of ketchup, 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of Craft hickory sauce, mixed together for marinating. I usually have to double this recipe for the amount of ribs I normally make.

NOTE 3: I also set an alarm on the stove and the clock on my phone to remind me to check every hour then go take care of things around the house or outside.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:
So....how do you cook your ribs? Mine always come out tough, so I buy them already made at the market in the deli section where the chicken is also cooked and ready to eat. I LOVE barbque babybacks although I loathe from whence they came. Still..I can eat a whole rack.

I boil them in individual sections, put BBQ sauce on them and grill. I use mesquite BBQ sauce. Boiling first before the grill makes the meat fall off the bone.

I never tried ribs from the deli section, but I have had their chicken. I wonder how they can get it to be so dry and greasy at the same time.

How long do you boil them? I don't have a grill and if I did, I couldn't use it here. Has to be electric oven. What temp, how long?

I like Sweet Baby Ray's sauce myself.

Never buy preseasoned meat from a deli. Oftentimes, it is old meat they seasoned to hide the fact that it is old.

How long do you boil them? I don't have a grill and if I did, I couldn't use it here. Has to be electric oven. What temp, how long?

I like Sweet Baby Ray's sauce myself.

You can do low and slow like on a BBQ pit but you obviously wont get that smokey flavor you get from BBQed ribs. Some people will add a bit of liquid smoke to em.
Set the oven to 225 or 230,set the ribs on a rack inside a pan and cook em for around 4 hours. As far as seaoning goes there are a bunch of rubs out there,I usually use Grub Rub which you may or may not have where you live. It comes from my home town Katy Texas.
You can purchase it on Amazon if it's not available in your area. Or you can make your own rub,just make sure it's a sweet rub.
They're done when you pick em up from the middle with a pair of tongs and they start to break.
You dont want em so tender they fall apart,they should have a bit of a bite in em and still be tender.
At the end start brushing them with your BBQ sauce,leave in the oven until the sauce starts to carmalize. You can speed up the carmalizing process by turning up your oven to 350 just make sure you dont leave em in there to long.

Forum List

Back