Band Names

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
During the 1962 season, New York Mets center fielder Richie Ashburn and Elio Chacón found themselves colliding in the outfield. When Ashburn went for a catch, he would scream, "I got it! I got it!" only to run into the 160-pound Chacón, who spoke only Spanish.

Ashburn learned to yell, "¡Yo la tengo! ¡Yo la tengo!" which is "I've got it" in Spanish. In a later game, Ashburn happily saw Chacón backing off. He relaxed, positioned himself to catch the ball, and was instead run over by 200-pound left fielder Frank Thomas, who understood no Spanish and had missed a team meeting that proposed using the words "¡Yo la tengo!" as a way to avoid outfield collisions. After getting up, Thomas asked Ashburn, "What the hell is a Yellow Tango?".
The band, Yo La Tengo, gets its name from this baseball anecdote.

Thinking about a 70s cover band called Reuben Kincaid with a replica Partridge Family tour bus and all that. Open the gigs with songs like Strange Brew by Cream, or living after midnight by Judas Priest.

For me it would be worth it just to hear millennials going around asking who is Reuben Kincaid ?
20210609_103618.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking about a 70s cover band called Reuben Kincaid with a replica Partridge Family tour bus and all that. Open the gigs with songs like Strange Brew by Cream, or living after midnight by Judas Priest.

For me it would be worth it just to hear millennials going around asking who is Reuben Kincaid ?
View attachment 499153

View attachment 499153
Kind of like the Lamont Cranston Band.

New Topics

Forum List

Back