Biden has caused so much problems that each of us is losing, or are we?

Luckyone

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2024
Florida
Have any of you heard the news that came out just 3 days ago about the analysis done at the Department of the Treasury in July?

The typical U.S. worker out-earned inflation by $1,400 a year, data shows

Even as price growth has surged in the pandemic era, earnings of middle-class and even lower-class jobholders have risen too.
An analysis published in July by economists at the Treasury Department found that the median worker can afford the same representative basket of goods and services as they did in 2019 — plus have an additional $1,400 a year.

Does this mean that our economy is better for all of us than it was 5 years ago? Better under Biden? Naw, that can't be true, can it? I mean Biden has caused us so much pain and suffering that how is it possible that our wages have gone up more than inflation, to the tune of having $1,400 more buying power than we had in 2019 (when Trump - our savior - was in office)?

The Department of the Treasury must be lying to us. They are politically motivated and paid (or threatened) by Biden to say this, no?

When you have a non govt source let me know
How about from Fidelity?

Average salary in the US

In the first quarter of 2024, median weekly wages for workers in the US was $1,139, according to BLS.2 That translates to a monthly income of $4,935, or $59,228 per year. That’s a 3.5% increase over the first quarter of 2023 when median weekly wages were $1,100.3

Even though prices on so many things feel high lately, the Consumer Price Index (CPI), a popular inflation measure, has grown by just 3.2% from early 2023 to early 2024.4 This means that for American workers with median salaries, wage growth outpaced inflation during this time.

How about from Fidelity?

Average salary in the US

In the first quarter of 2024, median weekly wages for workers in the US was $1,139, according to BLS.2 That translates to a monthly income of $4,935, or $59,228 per year. That’s a 3.5% increase over the first quarter of 2023 when median weekly wages were $1,100.3

Even though prices on so many things feel high lately, the Consumer Price Index (CPI), a popular inflation measure, has grown by just 3.2% from early 2023 to early 2024.4 This means that for American workers with median salaries, wage growth outpaced inflation during this time.

So you are telling people they have more in the bank even if they don't?

I think most people know if they had more money when Trump was in office.

So you are telling people they have more in the bank even if they don't?

I think most people know if they had more money when Trump was in office.
I am just offering statistics that are out there> I am not saying anything personally. You make out whatever you want from the information

Forum List

Back