Biden’s infrastructure tax hike worries some Democrats about impact on wealthy voters

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Can President Joe Biden keep the loyalty of the wealthy, suburban Americans who helped put him in the White House — many of them former Republicans — even when he pushes for tax increases to fund priorities such as infrastructure?
That’s the challenge ahead for the Biden administration, a week after the president detailed a new $2 trillion infrastructure plan he proposed to pay for primarily by raising the corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%.
With former President Donald Trump out of office, some Democrats concede that tax and spend policies could make them begin worrying about their own pocketbooks and reshuffle their political priorities.

“There were a significant number of wealthy voters who held their nose and voted for Democrats last cycle because Joe Biden is a decent man and they couldn’t take anymore of Trump,” said Jason Bresler, a former political director for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “And this is going to be a challenge to that, no doubt about it.”

So, if you were a Republican that voted for Biden and he does all those things that you were traditionally against then the odds are that you won't be voting for him again or Kamala.

Can President Joe Biden keep the loyalty of the wealthy, suburban Americans who helped put him in the White House — many of them former Republicans — even when he pushes for tax increases to fund priorities such as infrastructure?
That’s the challenge ahead for the Biden administration, a week after the president detailed a new $2 trillion infrastructure plan he proposed to pay for primarily by raising the corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%.
With former President Donald Trump out of office, some Democrats concede that tax and spend policies could make them begin worrying about their own pocketbooks and reshuffle their political priorities.

“There were a significant number of wealthy voters who held their nose and voted for Democrats last cycle because Joe Biden is a decent man and they couldn’t take anymore of Trump,” said Jason Bresler, a former political director for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “And this is going to be a challenge to that, no doubt about it.”

So, if you were a Republican that voted for Biden and he does all those things that you were traditionally against then the odds are that you won't be voting for him again or Kamala.

Unfortunately raising corporate taxes will be written off and/or passed on to the consumer. So those that want to tax the "evil" corporations just don't have a clue how business works.

I wouldn't bet on those odds. There are quite a few woke people who will vote for the democrats no matter what. But on the other hand, in 2010 the Democrats got their asses kicked big time, so maybe the same thing will happen again in 2022 and again in 2024. But will Trump run again in 2024? And will it make a difference between who wins and who doesn't? I dunno.

I wouldn't bet on those odds. There are quite a few woke people who will vote for the democrats no matter what. But on the other hand, in 2010 the Democrats got their asses kicked big time, so maybe the same thing will happen again in 2022 and again in 2024. But will Trump run again in 2024? And will it make a difference between who wins and who doesn't? I dunno.
I don't think that Trump will be back in office. If all media does exactly what they did the last time then the only thing they will discuss is how bad he is and how frightened they are. This was about a specific group of billionaires that needed to get back in. They did.

I found it particularly interesting that they are batting around the idea of repealing the tax deductions of high tax blue states from the federal tax bill.

Interesting.

" . . . In districts with higher concentrations of wealthy suburban voters, meanwhile, some Democratic lawmakers are arguing that a de facto tax cut must be included in the legislation, saying that a provision in the Republican 2017 tax law capping state and local tax deductions (known as SALT) should be removed. The deduction gives residents of high-tax states the opportunity to reduce their federal tax bill and removing the cap would allow higher deductions. . . "

So. . . tax the rich, just not the rich in blue states? :dunno:

:auiqs.jpg:

I found it particularly interesting that they are batting around the idea of repealing the tax deductions of high tax blue states from the federal tax bill.

Interesting.

" . . . In districts with higher concentrations of wealthy suburban voters, meanwhile, some Democratic lawmakers are arguing that a de facto tax cut must be included in the legislation, saying that a provision in the Republican 2017 tax law capping state and local tax deductions (known as SALT) should be removed. The deduction gives residents of high-tax states the opportunity to reduce their federal tax bill and removing the cap would allow higher deductions. . . "

So. . . tax the rich, just not the rich in blue states? :dunno:

:auiqs.jpg:
Many of whom they believe to be Republicans that voted for Biden instead of Trump.

Because there are no rich Democrats in blue States. Yeah, keeping making sense. You're so good at this!

But there are. Just admit you didn't read the article and keep on moving.

But you know about stupidity. The dumb bastards voted for Biden once, showing that they don't have the brains that God gave animal crackers--I don't have much faith that common sense will prevail down the road either.

But you know about stupidity. The dumb bastards voted for Biden once, showing that they don't have the brains that God gave animal crackers--I don't have much faith that common sense will prevail down the road either.
Well, it was about reinstating a certain group of billionaires. So, I can't imagine them not trying to hold on to whatever they got.

The Swamp is never ever going to allow another non-swamp member to sneak in-----NEVER. All of the elections will be heavily rigged from now on--------anyone can vote as often as they like as well.

Well, it was about reinstating a certain group of billionaires. So, I can't imagine them not trying to hold on to whatever they got.
Agreed, but the favored responses in the past have just been to off shore everything--Biden wouldn't dare impose "tariffs" would he? LOL

Agreed, but the favored responses in the past have just been to off shore everything--Biden wouldn't dare impose "tariffs" would he? LOL
The Democratic Party's track record indicate they will continue to off shore everything. Biden has not lifted Trump's China tariffs. Biden has threatened the UK with a tech tax. He is also looking at a "Global Corporate Tax". That said, I think this is more about bringing in money and nothing to do with the American people. Not when you break it down.

The Democratic Party's track record indicate they will continue to off shore everything. Biden has not lifted Trump's China tariffs. Biden has threatened the UK with a tech tax. He is also looking at a "Global Corporate Tax". That said, I think this is more about bringing in money and nothing to do with the American people. Not when you break it down.
Your signature GIF drives me nuts, it is hard for me to disassociate your being an angry woman who is about to lose it from your posts. LOL. Very effective.

Your signature GIF drives me nuts, it is hard for me to disassociate your being an angry woman who is about to lose it from your posts. LOL. Very effective.
I loved Gilda Radner. If it wasn't for comedy or cutting up frequently I would probably lose it.

I loved Gilda Radner. If it wasn't for comedy or cutting up frequently I would probably lose it.
Yeah, good times, back when SNL was worth watching.

Forum List

Back