Bill Maher: New Rules for Teabaggers

I don't think the term is worth getting all riled up over. Poking sticks at each other is what we like to do. However, most people are going to hold the president to a higher standard. There is nothing but a lot of weak ass reasoning as to why Obama is justified in getting down in the mud with the rest of us poor slobs.

Which we should do. Shame some don't. Especially when the President lowers the Standard of the office he holds, to meet his OWN low standard. We have those that applaud the POTUS playing in the 'gutter' with them...because he cannot get used to the higher standard...and neither can they.

I've already discussed, at length, how silly the contract is. "Protect the constitution"? WTF does that mean? Would any two people agree on what that entails? And that's the first plank.

It's just vague window dressing.

But I will say this, if this is the "official position" of the tea party then at least it's a start.

Is it the official position? Because I was under the impression that no single person or group spoke for the movement.

I suggest you cure your ignorance. (Funny thing is, you posted 26 times in that thread, so you DO know what the Tea Party wants.)

I didn't read the whole thread.
You read OP then posted 26 times.

Either you are being disingenous in saying you don't know what the Tea Party is about or your 26 posts in that thread were meaningless.

You can't have both.

But, the fact that you so vehemently defend your consistent use of a logical fallacy tells many of us the lameness of any point you think you have on this topic.

Another funny thing is, I cannot stand the Orioles. Good for you being a Cards fan.

It's a Missouri tradition.
I spent my high school years in St. Louis. Won a bunch of Cards tickets for academics and took pity on my jock friends by taking them to the games. Had a blast.

Last edited:
At this point, it is quite clear that the Tea Partiers refer to themselves as Tea Partiers and find the T-word to be quite offensive.

Anyone who continues to use the T-Word is doing so with an objective to insult and demean the Tea Partiers - which says a great deal about the character of the former, and nothing whatsoever about the latter.

Did the person holding up that one sign mean tea bag in the sexual reference? Quite likely. And from that ONE sign you surmise that the entire tea party protesters decided to refer to themselves as teabaggers?

No. Not at all. Just the fact that it had sexual connotations that were well known (at least to my generation) long before any of this. It was bound to happen and both side were bound to use it for humor.

I just don't get the complete lack of humor by the people on your side. And that's after eight years of being called every name in the book by conservatives.

You honestly thing think that this guy is implying the sexual meaning with this button . . . or is he implying that he is proud to be a person who is fighting to have his voice heard (via sending tea bags to congress)?:

The Slur That Must Not Be Named The Washington Independent

The left continues to use teabagger as a slur . . . you yourself do, as stated earlier in this thread, you use it to insult . . . as did Obama. He is classless.

Not so much a slur. I don't really think your guy's interest is in a sexual act. It's just a funny perjorative.

As I said, when the right does it it's "satire" or "comedy" when the left does it, you guys go into your kung fu stance.

I guess this isn't really beneath you, GTH. I don't like being wrong about posters, but c'est la vie.

No it's not. Like I said, if you all didn't go into fits over the matter then my job wouldn't be so much fun.
I guess when the ad hominems fail, you try hyperbole still.

.... BTW, you noticed that the freepers were using the phrase "Tea bag" in the pejorative sense from the beginning?
Really? When did they do that - using it in a pergorative sense? We'll compare dates. I'm being serious. If your date is earlier than mine, I will accept your point and call us whiners.

I have direct knowledge of the role tea bags played in the April 15, 2009 protests. Participants were encouraged to send tea bags to the White House and Congress (actually just the label - tea bags would be thrown out by mail processing staff). The tea bag labels were symbols of disgust with Obama and the Dems' tax and spend policies. There was absolutely no intent of a sexual connotation; that was promoted by the Left, led by Rachel Maddow.

Aww, too bad.

Maybe you all should have worried about name-calling before you started calling Obama a "Nazi" and a "Stalinist".

LOL. Tea-Baggers.

You read OP then posted 26 times.[/quote]

Yep. If you tell me that you make it a habit to read every post on a thread before posting, I am going to be somewhat dubious about your statement.

But if you do do that, then you deserve a gold star for being an "Awesome Poster". Eventually these threads all look alike and it all gets redundant.

Either you are being disingenous in saying you don't know what the Tea Party is about or your 26 posts in that thread were meaningless.

I've seen and commented on the "contract" in the past. As I said, it's meaningless window dressing. Very little of the wording has any teeth or argues for a tangible effect.

I spent my high school years in St. Louis. Won a bunch of Cards tickets for academics and took pity on my jock friends by taking them to the games. Had a blast.

On of the best, if not the best, baseball towns in the country. I miss Busch Stadium. I remember driving up to watch the games back when they'd let Ozzie do flips before the game.

Aww, too bad.

Maybe you all should have worried about name-calling before you started calling Obama a "Nazi" and a "Stalinist".

LOL. Tea-Baggers.

Calling someone what they have factually demonstrated is quite different than lobbying a vulgar epithet for which there is no evidence.

Considering the frequency with which you use the t-word, the only logical conclusion is that you yourself have a fetish for the practice.

Last edited:
I guess this isn't really beneath you, GTH. I don't like being wrong about posters, but c'est la vie.

No it's not. Like I said, if you all didn't go into fits over the matter then my job wouldn't be so much fun.
I guess when the ad hominems fail, you try hyperbole still.

.... BTW, you noticed that the freepers were using the phrase "Tea bag" in the pejorative sense from the beginning?
Really? When did they do that - using it in a pergorative sense? We'll compare dates. I'm being serious. If your date is earlier than mine, I will accept your point and call us whiners.

In the link I posted to you:
Correcting Jay Nordlinger The Washington Independent

i'm not pissy at all, actually. i'm more amused.

i didn't know that expecting you not to be a hypocrite was a deflection.

:thup:
Well, the thread IS about Obama, in case you didn't notice.

and? one isn't allowed to point out the hypocrisy of partisan hacks?

like i said... it's amusing.

What the fuck are you talking about? Seriously, have you had a recent closed head injury?

Recap: Someone says another's attempt to deflect from the topic....ummm, that would be Obama....by bringing up Bush is a deflection.

YOU tell them they have nothing to offer.

Of course they don't, as the topic is Obama.

Then it's hypocrisy in your clearly brain damaged head.

Duck next time the stupid stick is being swung, Jillian.

I have direct knowledge of the role tea bags played in the April 15, 2009 protests. Participants were encouraged to send tea bags to the White House and Congress (actually just the label - tea bags would be thrown out by mail processing staff). The tea bag labels were symbols of disgust with Obama and the Dems' tax and spend policies.

Yes, we all know that.

There was absolutely no intent of a sexual connotation; that was promoted by the Left, led by Rachel Maddow.

Except by the people in the protests who held up signs that said "Tea bag the liberal dems before they teabag you!"

See my link to Si Modo if you are curious (I know you aren't).

Aww, too bad.

LOL. Tea-Baggers.

Calling someone what they have factually demonstrated is quite different than lobbying a vulgar epithet for which there is no evidence.

Considering the frequency with which you use the t-word, the only logical conclusion is that you yourself have a fetish for the practice.

So how long have you been a shrink?

I have direct knowledge of the role tea bags played in the April 15, 2009 protests. Participants were encouraged to send tea bags to the White House and Congress (actually just the label - tea bags would be thrown out by mail processing staff). The tea bag labels were symbols of disgust with Obama and the Dems' tax and spend policies. There was absolutely no intent of a sexual connotation; that was promoted by the Left, led by Rachel Maddow.

Exactly. The intent was to remind Government that our forebearers voiced their disgust with One tyrant not so long ago. As things are? The left prostituted the notion in a way they normally do while failing to acknowledge histroy.

Did the person holding up that one sign mean tea bag in the sexual reference? Quite likely. And from that ONE sign you surmise that the entire tea party protesters decided to refer to themselves as teabaggers?

No. Not at all. Just the fact that it had sexual connotations that were well known (at least to my generation) long before any of this. It was bound to happen and both side were bound to use it for humor.

I just don't get the complete lack of humor by the people on your side. And that's after eight years of being called every name in the book by conservatives.

You honestly thing think that this guy is implying the sexual meaning with this button . . . or is he implying that he is proud to be a person who is fighting to have his voice heard (via sending tea bags to congress)?:

The Slur That Must Not Be Named The Washington Independent

The left continues to use teabagger as a slur . . . you yourself do, as stated earlier in this thread, you use it to insult . . . as did Obama. He is classless.

Not so much a slur. I don't really think your guy's interest is in a sexual act. It's just a funny perjorative.

As I said, when the right does it it's "satire" or "comedy" when the left does it, you guys go into your kung fu stance.

And goes to the point of the OP . . . Barry calls for civility then turns around and uses the 'well known term' tea bagger. He is a classless hypocrite.

Sure the left uses it a slur, wink, wink, nudge, nudge and all that. At least be honest about it.

Don't know about how others perceive the teabagger term, but I usually ignore the post when I come across the term teabagger because the poster is only interested in insulting.

Well, the thread IS about Obama, in case you didn't notice.

and? one isn't allowed to point out the hypocrisy of partisan hacks?

like i said... it's amusing.

What the fuck are you talking about? Seriously, have you had a recent closed head injury?

Recap: Someone says another's attempt to deflect from the topic....ummm, that would be Obama....by bringing up Bush is a deflection.

YOU tell them they have nothing to offer.

Of course they don't, as the topic is Obama.

Then it's hypocrisy in your clearly brain damaged head.

Duck next time the stupid stick is being swung, Jillian.

you talking to me, dear?

for someone who's sounded like a blithering idiot (yes, i'm talking about you) through the better part of this thread... and yet, i've been fairly indulgent.... you really need to stop talking sometimes cause it might be better for you next time to let people think you're stupid then to prove them right.

now shove it up your deranged butt. :thup:

and go whine some more about why people aren't civil to you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back