Bill Maher: New Rules for Teabaggers

True. But they become important when there is a significant impact on society.

I don't dispute that, nor do I dispute that the term "racist" is over-used (as is anti-semite) and intentionally so by some people who want to use it as a shield.

However, on the other side of the coin, that doesn't mean that the title isn't well deserved by some posters on here.

I don't dispute that, nor do I dispute that the term "racist" is over-used (as is anti-semite) and intentionally so by some people who want to use it as a shield.

However, on the other side of the coin, that doesn't mean that the title isn't well deserved by some posters on here.

There are true racists in every group. However, when it's used to generalize the majority, such as the Tea Party Movement, then it fails. Too many people who aren't affiliated with the TPM know people who are associated with it, and they would not describe them as racists. So when the MSM and others characterize them as such, they not only lose credibility and are seen as instigators, but then real victims of racism are lost in the mix.

Oh, absolutely! There are definitely some racists (and anti-semites) here. I am amazed.

That's the great thing about protection of speech. It shines a light on the cockroaches before they can scurry for cover.

There are true racists in every group. However, when it's used to generalize the majority, such as the Tea Party Movement, then it fails. Too many people who aren't affiliated with the TPM know people who are associated with it, and they would not describe them as racists. So when the MSM and others characterize them as such, they not only lose credibility and are seen as instigators, but then real victims of racism are lost in the mix.

For the record, I don't think the TP movement is made up of racists. I think they have a some in their ranks and I think that any group that opposes Obama is a natural magnet for people who hate Obama for no other reason than he's 1/2 black. However, I don't think that it's representative of the whole, and I certainly don't think the TP movement started simply because of racism.

For the record, I don't think the TP movement is made up of racists. I think they have a some in their ranks and I think that any group that opposes Obama is a natural magnet for people who hate Obama for no other reason than he's 1/2 black. However, I don't think that it's representative of the whole, and I certainly don't think the TP movement started simply because of racism.

That's good to know. I was only using it as an example to illustrate how throwing the accusation out there blindly will end up missing the intended target.

Doubtless the defense here will be that The One wasn’t aware of the sexual connotation and therefore had no idea that the term offends tea partiers. Funny thing, though: Offhand, I can’t recall a single instance of him saying “teabaggers” publicly. Not in speeches, not in interviews, not at town halls, not even at that fundraiser a few weeks ago when he goofed on protesters by saying they should be thanking him for cutting their taxes, i.e. for running up gigantic deficits. If he doesn’t know the term’s impolitic, how come he hasn’t innocently used it on camera yet?
He knows. They all know.
In Jonathan Alter’s “The Promise: President Obama, Year One,” President Obama is quoted in an interview saying that the unanimous vote of House Republicans vote against the stimulus bills “set the tenor for the whole year … That helped to create the tea-baggers and empowered that whole wing of the Republican Party to where it now controls the agenda for the Republicans.”

Tea Party activists loath the term “tea baggers,” which has emerged in liberal media outlets and elsewhere as a method of mocking the activists and their concerns.​
Now As USUAL, Obama is right and wrong. The stimulus is part of what created the Tea Party. But it wasn't the Republicans being against it, it was the fact it was voted into law DESPITE people like me and you calling our Congressman and Senators and telling them NOT to vote for it, and they voted for it ANYWAY. Jerks!

Typical that Obama has it backwards.

But this is so typically liberals. Out of one side of his mouth he calls for "civility" and two days later calls us "tea baggers."

This reminds me of the liberal op who once demanded of me "in the interests of civility" not to use the word liberal. But not five minutes later, he called conservatives, KKKonservatives.

When I pointed out this hypocrisy, he was furious.

"Civility" to a liberal means YOU can't say anything critical about THEM. It doesn't mean they can't say anything they want about YOU.

After all, THEY, the all high liberal, are the elite and soooooooooooooooooooo above you. It's "uncivil" to criticize them. :eusa_snooty:

YOU, however, are the plebes. You are the proletariat. YOU are the peasants. You can't expect the same civility demanded of YOU towards liberals to be directed back at you YOU. :eusa_snooty:

YOU are a peasant and it's for your own "good" they call you every name in the book. Maybe you will finally see your eeeeeeeeevil ways and become liberal!!!!!! :eusa_snooty:

The arrogance and pompous hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey, we are very civil to all of you Teabaggers. :lol:

Well, to me, asking someone to prove a negative is no point at all. But, that's just me.

No one asked you to prove a negative..
Really? When one cannot even recognize when a proof of a negative is asked there is no point in continuing any discussion.

(I guess even that wasn't too clear to you earlier. Special ed is not my forte, though.)

You know, it's quite telling when YOU feel the need to delete the content of my post all so you can avoid facts that don't suit your spin as you attack me personally.
The story it tells is that you are losing the argument and you know but don't have the integrity to admit it.

Why else would you edit my post and delete the facts??

No one asked you to prove a negative..
Really? When one cannot even recognize when a proof of a negative is asked there is no point in continuing any discussion.

(I guess even that wasn't too clear to you earlier. Special ed is not my forte, though.)

You know, it's quite telling when YOU feel the need to delete the content of my post all so you can avoid facts that don't suit your spin as you attack me personally.
The story it tells is that you are losing the argument and you know but don't have the integrity to admit it.

Why else would you edit my post and delete the facts??
Psssst. *looks from side to side* Just between you and me, what's even more telling is those who cannot even recognize a fallacy AND do not grasp the use of ellipses.

Stupid exists, so what're'ya gonna do? .

The term 'tea bagger' (as noted in CF's post) doesn't appear on the site you linked. Not once.

Do you even understand the whole concept of the 'tea bag party', aka as 'the tea party'? Did you even bother to read the list at the bottom of your link of some of the reasons why the tea party was started? I doubt it.

The tea partiers chose to use the tea bag as a nod to the Boston Tea Party (taxation without representation) and then modernized it . . . Taxed Enough Already. It was the LEFT media who brought up the sexual reference of the term 'tea bagger' and it is the LEFT who continue to use this term to try and dismiss, insult, mock, make fun of and generally blow off the entire tea party movement as nothing more than some loon fringe thing.

Stop acting as if the tea partiers had any other intention when they chose the name and the concept of sending tea bags to congress as a way to have their voice heard. Everyone knows it was, and continues to be, the LEFT that uses the term in a derogatory way. And for Obama to stoop to that level? Classless and par for the course.

When the movement started, teabaggers themselves used the phrase to describe themselves. Liberals have kept it going, but it didnt germinate with them.
I never knew that the term 'teabag' meant anything other than some filter paper around some dried tea leaves until Rachel Maddow so crassly introduced me to another meaning of the term 'teabag' in April of 2009.

There are two very different definitions of the term - one originating from the street and one originating from the beverage. Denying that is dishonest.

and that lack of knowledge is why tea baggers started calling themselves that as they ranted about teabagging the white house. Only after the other meaning became known have SOME started distancing themselves from it but it doesn't change where it started.

BTW I doubt anyone is denying what you claim. Howerver, unless you can show how anyone denied that then it is YOU who is being dishonest as you try to criticize poeple for something they never said.

Hot Air Good news: Obama using the word “teabaggers” now

[/INDENT]
Now As USUAL, Obama is right and wrong. The stimulus is part of what created the Tea Party. But it wasn't the Republicans being against it, it was the fact it was voted into law DESPITE people like me and you calling our Congressman and Senators and telling them NOT to vote for it, and they voted for it ANYWAY. Jerks!

Typical that Obama has it backwards.

But this is so typically liberals. Out of one side of his mouth he calls for "civility" and two days later calls us "tea baggers."

This reminds me of the liberal op who once demanded of me "in the interests of civility" not to use the word liberal. But not five minutes later, he called conservatives, KKKonservatives.

When I pointed out this hypocrisy, he was furious.

"Civility" to a liberal means YOU can't say anything critical about THEM. It doesn't mean they can't say anything they want about YOU.

After all, THEY, the all high liberal, are the elite and soooooooooooooooooooo above you. It's "uncivil" to criticize them. :eusa_snooty:

YOU, however, are the plebes. You are the proletariat. YOU are the peasants. You can't expect the same civility demanded of YOU towards liberals to be directed back at you YOU. :eusa_snooty:

YOU are a peasant and it's for your own "good" they call you every name in the book. Maybe you will finally see your eeeeeeeeevil ways and become liberal!!!!!! :eusa_snooty:

The arrogance and pompous hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe you guys in the Teabagger Brigade shouldn't have used it yourselves first....

oh yes,, blame the victims.. that's the style.

So they are victims because they are being called by a name that they gave themselves?? Really??

For the first time in my life, I am truly EMBARRASSED of a President of our United States.

He is nothing but a Progressive thug.

I hope we can survive the rest of his time in office.

Last edited:
The Tea Partiers should stop letting the "tea-bagger" thing bother them. Trust me, that does more for the liberals than it does for them. It's kind of like if I really liked calling other dudes "queer" and "fag". At a certain point, you'd start thinking maybe I'm...deflecting rather than cracking wise. So let them keep saying "tea-bagger" as if it's cute. Maybe one day we'll find out why many of them derive a certain amusement by that double entendre.
At some point making up names based on the real name went from being cute to just acting like a moron. For most of us, that was sometime before thrid grade.

and yet that is why MOST righties on this board and out in the world refer to obama as "the messiah" or "obammy" or some other made up name that they try to assign to him or the left as they call democrats "DIMocrats" and other such names I have seen parroted across this board.

Based on your claim and the "us" that you are referring to, most righties must be in the third grade or at least have a third grade intellect.

furthermore, the tea baggers called themselves tea baggers so they are to blame. Stop trying to attack obama for merely restating what tea baggers have said from the beginning.

Being called a teabagger by the thug in chief and his Comrades in Arms is the least of our worries.

getting him and his commie buddies our of our Government is the number one priority folks.

vote vote vote in November.

For the first time in my life, I am truly EMBARRASSED of a President of our United States.

Oh give it a rest. There isn't a week that goes by where you don't say something like this.

nope. I'm still free to do as I wish.:lol:
and you of all people will never tell me what to do.

Oh give it a rest. There isn't a week that goes by where you don't say something like this.

nope. I'm still free to do as I wish.:lol:
and you of all people will never tell me what to do.

You are free to do what you want. We are free to point out the bullshit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back