Black History Month- The Gangstas, pioneering African American tag team

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Mustafa Saed and New Jack were a black tag team in both ECW as well as Smoky Mountain Wrestling, and hailed from South Central LA.

True pioneers in the sport, they demanded Affirmative Action in the ring, and only needed a two-count instead of 3 for a victory.

It really infuriated racist fans in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Should this be adopted as the role in all sports? Allow black boxers to win on an 8 count, or allow black quarterbacks an extra down to make 8 yards instead of 10?

Mustafa Saed and New Jack were a black tag team in both ECW as well as Smoky Mountain Wrestling, and hailed from South Central LA.

True pioneers in the sport, they demanded Affirmative Action in the ring, and only needed a two-count instead of 3 for a victory.

Should this be adopted as the role in all sports? Allow black boxers to win on an 8 count, or allow black quarterbacks an extra down to make 8 yards instead of 10?

Newjack got caught up in the fantasy end of it and made it his reality. He was entertaining.

Lets be fair, what infuriated the crowd (barely) was him calling the crowd "hillbillies" and "rednecks" the moment he gets on the mic. You cant blame the crowd for reacting to a "heel". Thats literally the purpose of a heel.

Um.. no. It's Pro wrestling. This angle was meant to piss people off because it's a ridiculous notion.

When I was a young lad, I was a hardcore ECW fan, and thought Newjack was awesome.

Now, as a true adult... I see what Newjack did to people.. unapologetically.. and I think he was a monster. He had a "cool" gimmick, but man he cut people, stabbed people for real. He went out of his way to put other wrestlers' lives in danger. He tried to throw Vic Grimes past the targeted tables from a scaffold in XPW. He outright battered an old guy with an actual real bat. He knifed a guy in a regular wrestling match. No matter how "cool" a gimmick is, you can't support such a POS as a human being.

Forum List

Back