Board Games

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
Me and some friends are looking for new ones or revisiting old ones we haven't played in a long time.

Does anyone play board games offline?

What are your favorites?

I still have a bunch of Avalon Hill games, ssg etc....now, matrix games has computerized them all...

I still have a bunch of Avalon Hill games, ssg etc....now, matrix games has computerized them all...

They just blew me off to go eat chinese food, but thanks for replying :cool:

I used to like to play board games but it's been a while. :eusa_whistle:

Avalon, Victory, Decision, SPI, S&T.

I am interested in computer versions of them. Trajan noted Matrix has done them. What other companies have done similarly as well, or does Matrix hold the production rights to them?

Almost 50 years ago I discovered Tactics II. What fun! Led to 12 active duty years in the Army.

At college, I used to play Axis and Allies a lot. Some friends came up with a Diplomacy setup too where you could change sides mid-game, and units never actually "hit" each other from dice rolls. They just bounced, supported, and dislodged. Your IC equaled the amount of unit value you could have on the board at any one time.

It helped prevent turtling a lot too where people would just build a lot and wait for turns to pass by or for the other guy to attack first.

"Board" games?

Uuummmmm, looks rather painful.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6yeA6K3FYc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6yeA6K3FYc[/ame]

...is good...if you haven't lost your marbles....

Me and some friends are looking for new ones or revisiting old ones we haven't played in a long time.

What are your favorites?

You mean you don't play video games?

I play chess, checkers, Stratego, Bible Baffle, Monopoly, Life, Othello and the Generals.

I would like to find four way stratego but I don't know who sells it.

Pikmin is probably my favorite video game.

Tornado Rex. 1991.

This game contended with Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. It was a masterpiece.

Boardgames these days are terrible. Because they know they can't compete with what kids are REALLY into. Tornado Rex is one of the last of an era.

You might be able to find it on ebay for $150-$200 or so.

...is good...if you haven't lost your marbles....

I started with Tiddly Winks. ;)

I bought Easy Money, when I was a kid, but I got it home, and it wasn't as simple as I thought it'd be and never played it. I still have the same game though. I play Operation with my wife sometimes, but she's not good at games, and I'm afraid to try to teach her Go Fish even.

I love to play Monopoly, Stratego, Aggravation, Sorry, Twister, Chess and checkers. King me. :D

I did play Aggravation with my wife last week. I can't believe I lost. :lol::mad:

What are your favorites?

You mean you don't play video games?

I play chess, checkers, Stratego, Bible Baffle, Monopoly, Life, Othello and the Generals.

I would like to find four way stratego but I don't know who sells it.

Pikmin is probably my favorite video game.

I used to but haven't in awhile.

Risk, Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Balderdash, Jenga (not really a board game tho), checkers (including chinese) Mancela.

Nobody offline wants to play board games with me.

My partner only likes video games and I just can't get into them. :doubt:

What are your favorites?

Not very often, but...
Tobruk (Avalon Hill)
Dawn Patrol (TSR)
Squad Leader (AH)
Desert Steel (West End)

Avalon, Victory, Decision, SPI, S&T.

I am interested in computer versions of them. Trajan noted Matrix has done them. What other companies have done similarly as well, or does Matrix hold the production rights to them?

Almost 50 years ago I discovered Tactics II. What fun! Led to 12 active duty years in the Army.

you can find any era here, Matrix Games - What's Your Strategy?, they sucked up SSG and S&T too I beleive...

I have tried just about all of their games, ancients to Nato defends against the soviets, etc.....not bad. I have to admit its better than trying to play the old hex based counter game like Korsun Pocket with literally thousands of chits to keep track of move around with your finger tips...and forget about the room you'd need, some of the maps would cover like 6 square feet...:lol:

another producer especially for Napoleonics is here- John Tiller Software

What are your favorites?

Not very often, but...
Tobruk (Avalon Hill)
Dawn Patrol (TSR)
Squad Leader (AH)
Desert Steel (West End)

squad leader, iron cross etc. were the Bomb...;)

when I was in the service, Diplomacy was the shit......back stabbing fun for everyone....and of course, D&D.....

Forum List

Back