Bob Costas admits he has armed guards but insists he's no hypocrite on guns!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Bob said his guards are paid by NBC not him, so it doesn't count!! HAHAHA. To most people that just makes the deal even sweeter.

Bob Costas: My Armed Security Doesn't Make Me a Hypocrite on Guns

]9 Mar 2014 934
On March 9th NBC's Bob Costas dismissed criticism of his having armed guards while disparaging "gun culture" by saying his guards were NBC and NFL security, not "personal" bodyguards.

He did this while being interviewed by Fox News's Howard Kurtz, who brought up Costas's December 2012 halftime criticism of "the NFL's gun culture."
Kurtz said, "You were accused of injecting politics into halftime, and Fox News's Greg Gutfeld said you were 'a hypocritical buffoon' because you're in New York, and you're surrounded by armed guards, and you don't have to worry about safety."

Costas responded, "In truth, Greg was accurate if you consider one-hundred-eighty degrees from the truth accurate. I have never had a personal bodyguard a single day in my life. There are security people at NFL games that the NFL employs, and there is always massive security at an Olympics, and there... is NBC security."

The problem with this explanation is that Gutfeld did not say Costas hired a "personal bodyguard." Rather, he said Costas "doesn't have to worry about being armed. People are armed for him."
The NFL and NBC security personnel are armed, aren't they?

Andy of Mayberry never carried a gun. And he's probably one of the most Conservative figures ever portrayed in the media.

Many law enforcement didn't carry weapons. They didn't really have to because the moral fabric of America via the family and church was well intact.

I think we are witnessing a cultural backlash with respect to guns, marriage, religion, gender identification, drugs, etc.

We may very well see it all subside one of these days. A return to times of simpler more rational and practical morals and mores. A time when very few were offended by traditional values - the values of our fore bearers. A time of domestic tranquility.

I think we are witnessing a cultural backlash with respect to guns, marriage, religion, gender identification, drugs, etc.

We may very well see it all subside one of these days. A return to times of simpler more rational and practical morals and mores. A time when very few were offended by traditional values - the values of our fore bearers. A time of domestic tranquility.

I think the backlash is already here mainly thanks to idiot obozo. People are sick of all this liberal nonsense in support of illegals and perverts and abortion and govt racial preferences.

I think the backlash is already here mainly thanks to idiot obozo. People are sick of all this liberal nonsense in support of illegals and perverts and abortion and govt racial preferences.

People embrace the suck known as Obama. At least 47% of them do.

Ease your mind. It will pass some day. Patience.

Forum List

Back