Bob Woodward: Obama Lying about Sequester

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
"“There was an insistence on the part of Republicans in Congress for there to be some automatic trigger,” Lew said while campaigning in Florida. It “was very much rooted in the Republican congressional insistence that there be an automatic measure.”

The president and Lew had this wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government."

Bob Woodward: Obama?s sequester deal-changer - The Washington Post

How will Liberals continue to believe his lies?

"“There was an insistence on the part of Republicans in Congress for there to be some automatic trigger,” Lew said while campaigning in Florida. It “was very much rooted in the Republican congressional insistence that there be an automatic measure.”

The president and Lew had this wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government."

Liberals have no problem believing lies. When they don't have a handy believeable lie, they can make on up on the spot.

It is a relief that people are actually beginning to call obama and the democrats liars. And doing so openly. It's a small start that should be encouraged to grow until these tentative voices become a shriek.

Woodward is correct that Obama speaks with a forked tongue. The prior impasse looked exactly like the one we see today. To get a deal then on raising the debt limit they agreed to outline drastic budget cuts that would be unacceptable to both sides which automatically go into effect unless a compromise could be worked out.

Obviously neither side has negotiated in good faith (once again) so now they are up against it again.

Impeachment time has arrived !!!

Last edited:
Notice none of the lefty k00ks have touched this thread!!!:2up:

But later in the year, the economy is going to stall even more and guess what? Obama will blame the sequestor which all the media will jump on like white on rice.

Lets face it.......we have a 2% economy and no jobs......president is just fine with it, estatic in fact, and will have none of it stick to him. LOL.....he's still talking ( this week) about "entitlement reform":eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Because Obama told them to believe him.

Because these are the same people who defended Jefferey Immelt as Obama's Jobs Czar...the same people who have no problem looking the other way when reminded of the fact that Larry Summers has held not one, but two key positions in Obama's cabinet.
When Bush was President, I remember lots of conservatives being critical of his policies, yet - a critical opinion expressed by an Obama supporter is practically non-existent.
It is easy to fool the clueless, especially those who chose to be.

True conservatives did not defend George Bush when he supported less than conservative policies. You heard a LOT of criticism of his unconservative policies on conservative talk radio, on Fox News commentary programs, and in the conservative print media. A lot of us railed against the Senior Prescription bill, spending like drunken sailors, incompetent prosecution of the war, his proposed immigration reform, his failure to push for making his very good tax policy permanent, and his energy policy that only a hard leftwing flaming liberal could love. We supported him on conservative measures that he did push and promote. There just weren't enough of those in our opinion.

Where is the similar criticism of the Obama administration from leftwing sources when they get it so very wrong. When they flat out misrepresent or mischaracterize the truth, i.e. lie about the real situation?

Those 'draconian' cuts in Defense re the sequester provisions? Do you ever see in the media that those 'cuts' are a reduction in the proposed increase in spending? That the Defense budget will still be increased by more than $150 billion? The government is planning to furlough several hundred THOUSAND federal employees without pay one day a week for the next 22 weeks to compensate for those cuts? Does anybody see that as anything other than a sympathy ploy? Sort of like last time when Obama threated to cut off the seniors' social security checks?

How about instead they just eliminate all the non defense related pork included in the spending? How about using more teleconferencing instead of expensive travel all over the country and world to attend meetings that accomplish little or nothing?

But you won't see that in the mainstream media. All you will see is Obama and the Democrats accusing and blaming the Republicans, and that characterization will be gobbled up and repeated again and again by their adoring throngs who refuse to question or criticize anything they do.

Sequestration, Now Obama suggests the GOP all resign, pack their bags and go home

and of course knowing the GOP has to do what Obama suggests...

:clap2:

Obama suggests and the GOP obeys:cuckoo:

How about we just roll federal spending back to 2007 levels?

TARP was intended as temporary and to be repaid. Much of it has been. I don't agree with the program, but it wasn't intended to be a permanent increase in federal spending, unlike the bait and switch "stimulus" combined with the avoidance of passing a budget.

For banks and insurers, TARP worked just as planned—better than planned, even. The goal was to stabilize financial institutions and to get banks lending again. The Treasury Department did this in a number of ways. It offered cheap loans to vetted investors willing to buy mortgage-backed securities and other assets. It also let companies temporarily trade equity for cash, bolstering their balance sheets. To help taxpayers avoid any losses, participating firms needed to give the Treasury warrants or stock as well. And though the program is derided as a "bailout," companies were required to make the government whole, plus interest.

It sounds complicated, and it is. But the alphabet soup of programs worked. Consider the case of insurer Lincoln National, based in Radnor, Pa. It got $950 million in cash via TARP and repaid the government in less than a year. "We always viewed [the program] as a temporary cushion to be returned as soon as market conditions warranted, and we are pleased to repay the funds sooner than originally anticipated," CEO Dennis Glass said at the time, noting that taxpayers made "attractive returns" on the deal.
TARP: Success or failure? Depends on who you think it was supposed to help. - Slate Magazine

Let's repeat this in case some missed it:

According to Bob Woodard:

The story Obama and the Democratic leadership in Congress is feeding to the media:

“There was an insistence on the part of Republicans in Congress for there to be some automatic trigger,” Lew said while campaigning in Florida. It “was very much rooted in the Republican congressional insistence that there be an automatic measure.”. . . .

The truth:

. . . .The president and Lew had this wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government.

Obama personally approved of the plan for Lew and Nabors to propose the sequester to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). They did so at 2:30 p.m. July 27, 2011, according to interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved. . . .

Kudos to WAPO for running this piece. Maybe, just maybe, the worm is starting to turn and some of the media sources are returning to competent journalism? Honest research? Reporting the whole story instead of just the part that makes somebody look good? Or bad?

But you see precious little of this kind of research and honest reporting in most of the mainstream media.

Forum List

Back