Bolt Cutters

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I need them. Ok. So, I got a lock on the shed. I may have lost the key for real this time. I need that off. My thinking several years ago after my last lock was cut off and my lawn mower stolen was that I would get this lock that could not be broken.

But............now I need to break it. They seem to be in a range of prices. My kid will be back Monday so I'm hoping he can use it. I just need to know what kind to get.

TYIA

How big is the lock? And what diameter is the u shaped locking thingie? A picture with a scale comparison would help.

IMG_20210515_180124.jpg

I need them. Ok. So, I got a lock on the shed. I may have lost the key for real this time. I need that off. My thinking several years ago after my last lock was cut off and my lawn mower stolen was that I would get this lock that could not be broken.

But............now I need to break it. They seem to be in a range of prices. My kid will be back Monday so I'm hoping he can use it. I just need to know what kind to get.

TYIA
call a neighbor or friend with one or a cut off wheel on a grinder,, also a handyman can do it and not need to buy one for a single use,,

TYIA
call a neighbor or friend with one or a cut off wheel on a grinder,, also a handyman can do it and not need to buy one for a single use,,
Because extreme independence, Progressive. Besides, who is to say that I won't lose another key?

TYIA
Because extreme independence, Progressive. Besides, who is to say that I won't lose another key?
I say so. You lose another key and you're gonna get a whopping and loose your allowance! ;)

If you want to cut that lock I'd say get a bolt cutter that the handles are around 36 inches long so you will have the leverage to do it. You may be able to cut it yourself.

But, look here.

TYIA
than just dont keep the bolt cutters in the shed,,

TYIA
I say so. You lose another key and you're gonna get a whopping and loose your allowance! ;)

If you want to cut that lock I'd say get a bolt cutter that the handles are around 36 inches long so you will have the leverage to do it. You may be able to cut it yourself.

But, look here.

Thanks, Miketx.

Forum List

Back