Boom!!!! Scott Brown Pulls Ahead

What do you know about MA politics?

You don't need to know a lot about MA politics to know the things that were said in the previous post. In fact, some of the things I pointed too are not things I am the only person saying,

As the Washington Post's Chris Cillizza observes today, the race has become a good preview of the campaign themes the two parties may trot out in other races this fall, with Democrats trying to use the specter of George W. Bush and Sarah Palin to tar their GOP opponents and Republicans harping on change. Cillizza writes:

If Brown manages to win, expect Democrats to quickly dismiss the loss as an outlier due to Coakley's substandard campaign. But, privately, something close to panic may well set in if the alleged ace in the hole--linking Republicans to the Bush administration and/or Palin--doesn't come through in a state as strongly favorable to their party as Massachusetts and in a political environment that is tilting away from them on the issues of the day.
Scott Brown in Virtual Tie in Massachusetts Race as Dems Deploy - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

The US NEWS and the Washington Post are hardly bastions of Republican thought. I will be happy to put on the demo's from the various polls here too if you like? One does not need to be a resident of Mass. to understand and know the things I posted. Let me ask you , are you a resident of IL.? if not, then how are you qualified to make any conclusions on the Presidents political movements ( if your logic were to apply here)

I live in the Boston area so it's interesting to see reactions from people in other parts of the country. Nobody I know is surprised by the numbers yet so many from the outside looking in are trying to create this landscape that is really just a tempest in a teacup.

That's IT!

The new liberal Democrat Parody talking pointless.

Preparing for the remote possibility that the liberal Democrat Parody selected house bitch might fuck it up and fail to take the "Kennedy" seat in the U.S. Senate, the liberoidal Democratics are floating their trial balloons.

A top contender, at the moment, according to liberoidal Democrat Parody spin-meisters, appears to be:

If Brown wins, no worries; for as we all knew all along, it's nothing more than just a tempest in a teacup.

:clap2:

I am still tickeld about the whole hopey changey thing on the right with Brown.

You will be dissapointed.

not likely. there has been a kennedy in that senate seat my entire life.

i'll be 56 on my next birthday so having someone who is not a kennedy or endorsed by kennedy is all the hope and change i'm looking for.

anything else will be gravy.

Thought it was funny that one of the police Unions up there who is a SEIU affiliate actually endorsed Brown. All I can say is that Coakley to be in this kind of trouble in Mass. , she must be a very poor candidate or univerwsally disliked there.

Coakley screwed over the state police several years ago, they are still holding a grudge ;).

I hold a grudge against her too for being leniant on pedophiles and for being against Jessica's Law.
how the hell did she get the dem nomination in the first place with that going against her?
were they so stupid as to think that wouldn't matter to the average voter in Mass?

um, yeah, they were. they thought the general election would just be a formality once the primary was over.

ooops

:eusa_eh:

About 750 of the Democratic faithful have gathered in a downtown Boston hotel ballroom this afternoon to see former President Bill Clinton lend his support to the candidacy of US Senate candidate Martha Coakley.

Clinton is to be joined by Coakley and Massachusetts Senator John F. Kerry, the 2004 presidential nominee, at the event at the Grand Ballroom at the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel.
Democrats gather to hear 'rock star' Bill Clinton - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

The geographical argument is a distraction from the problem. There is a reason for separation of State and Religion. Would you support anyone's position to do or not do an action based on their religious claims?

yes, i would, but then, i'm an american.

Let's see if you honor your word. My religion says I have the Right to say who can post on this board so I will now enact my Right, that you have already agreed to, and I now say you are no longer allowed to post on this board. If you continue to post you will be violating my Religion and you will be betraying your own word.

so you don't have a carbon monoxide monitor.

open a window before you're overcome.

What do you know about MA politics?

You don't need to know a lot about MA politics to know the things that were said in the previous post. In fact, some of the things I pointed too are not things I am the only person saying,

As the Washington Post's Chris Cillizza observes today, the race has become a good preview of the campaign themes the two parties may trot out in other races this fall, with Democrats trying to use the specter of George W. Bush and Sarah Palin to tar their GOP opponents and Republicans harping on change. Cillizza writes:

If Brown manages to win, expect Democrats to quickly dismiss the loss as an outlier due to Coakley's substandard campaign. But, privately, something close to panic may well set in if the alleged ace in the hole--linking Republicans to the Bush administration and/or Palin--doesn't come through in a state as strongly favorable to their party as Massachusetts and in a political environment that is tilting away from them on the issues of the day.
Scott Brown in Virtual Tie in Massachusetts Race as Dems Deploy - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

The US NEWS and the Washington Post are hardly bastions of Republican thought. I will be happy to put on the demo's from the various polls here too if you like? One does not need to be a resident of Mass. to understand and know the things I posted. Let me ask you , are you a resident of IL.? if not, then how are you qualified to make any conclusions on the Presidents political movements ( if your logic were to apply here)

I live in the Boston area so it's interesting to see reactions from people in other parts of the country. Nobody I know is surprised by the numbers yet so many from the outside looking in are trying to create this landscape that is really just a tempest in a teacup.

If it were as you say, then why all the effort being made on behalf of Coakley, when it's well known that even recently the DNC , nor any groups, like moveon, SEIU, or a whole host of others had any plans of investing in the race. Even traditional liberal publications, Daily Kos, and media outlets, MSNBC as well as the Boston Globe are calling this one too close to call. As you say you live in the Boston area, and I have many friends there and your actually one of the few people I have heard of from that area that would actually deem the race in such a way. In fact my former XO lives near Boston as well and speaking with him and a few others, I am under the impression that most there have pretty much made up their minds on this race. Further, from what I gather Coakley has not done a lot to actually help herself win over people there as well.

Geeze.. Curvebrain is juxtaposing WW I mistreatment with the MA election? What a fucktard!

No I am not. But thank you again for demonstrating your complete inability to read before responding. Maple introduced WW1 by saying Americans were not drafted based on their religion. She made that ignorant claim to defend Brown's position of denying rape victims medication based on religion. Therefore I posted evidence showing we actually tortured and killed Americans who refused the Draft. Is there anything else you would like to embarrass yourself about today?

you do realize that not compelling a doctor to perform a procedure against his conscience isn't the same as *denying rape victims medication*, right?

oh, wait. you don't.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWYBP7NNzqU[/ame]

Well the cons put a male whore in the press corp, now we have a nude senate candidate.

That's Wonderful. I'm HAPPY for him. IF he wins? The Deomcrats in the leadership will do everything in their power to DELAY the certification until HEALTHCARE gets passed.

It's Just whom these people ARE.

And Republicans never do that *cough* Franken.

A15, As you live in the area and know better for the most part than the talking heads, it's my impression that at least on the Street level Brown seems to have connected with the people and from what I understand the healthcare issue and Coakley sort of being perhaps an inept campaigner as well as a perception that shes a bit of s snob is helping Brown or am I off in that?

On a side note, while it's great to see people so energized over this, and would be very happy to see a Brown win, it's a little premature to be talking about things such as seating him. Is that all talk A15 for the most part from outside Mass.? I really am from watching the local news there on the net that the people in Mass are pretty settled on this thing. One of the things, that comes to mind would be, how about actually letting the man win the election first.

I'll tell ya' Navy it feels like a Brown win in the air here.

I don't have much unique to add but I wouldn't say that the healthcare issue has much to do with it. Brown is simply running an excellent, positive campaign against a completely lackluster candidate who thought she was going to be anointed Senator and didn't have to work for it. While she was sitting on her butt Brown was out there in the trenches gaining support. If Coakely hadn't assumed from the beginning that the seat was hers and did the campaign legwork she wouldn't be in this situation. She allowed Brown to build up a tidal wave of support and it looks like it is going to come down on her Tuesday.

It's funny ... 6 weeks ago I was telling my buddy that Brown didn't have a chance in hell of winning ... I even said I would put a grand on him losing ... boy am I glad I didn't make that bet.

Geeze.. Curvebrain is juxtaposing WW I mistreatment with the MA election? What a fucktard!

No I am not. But thank you again for demonstrating your complete inability to read before responding. Maple introduced WW1 by saying Americans were not drafted based on their religion. She made that ignorant claim to defend Brown's position of denying rape victims medication based on religion. Therefore I posted evidence showing we actually tortured and killed Americans who refused the Draft. Is there anything else you would like to embarrass yourself about today?

you do realize that not compelling a doctor to perform a procedure against his conscience isn't the same as *denying rape victims medication*, right?

oh, wait. you don't.

Wait. You shouldn't be posting. You violated your word and did not respect my Religion. (obviously that was sarcasm but I hope the point was clear.)

If a rape victim is denied medication based on the administrator's religion how is the rape victim NOT DENIED the medication?

oh, wait. you don't.

Wait. You shouldn't be posting. You violated your word and did not respect my Religion. (obviously that was sarcasm but I hope the point was clear.)

If a rape victim is denied medication based on the administrator's religion how is the rape victim NOT DENIED the medication?

i'm sorry, but if you're stupid enough to think norway is near boston, you're too stupid to waste time on.

have a pleasant day

And Republicans never do that *cough* Franken.

A15, As you live in the area and know better for the most part than the talking heads, it's my impression that at least on the Street level Brown seems to have connected with the people and from what I understand the healthcare issue and Coakley sort of being perhaps an inept campaigner as well as a perception that shes a bit of s snob is helping Brown or am I off in that?

On a side note, while it's great to see people so energized over this, and would be very happy to see a Brown win, it's a little premature to be talking about things such as seating him. Is that all talk A15 for the most part from outside Mass.? I really am from watching the local news there on the net that the people in Mass are pretty settled on this thing. One of the things, that comes to mind would be, how about actually letting the man win the election first.

I don't have much unique to add but I wouldn't say that the healthcare issue has much to do with it. Brown is simply running an excellent, positive campaign against a completely lackluster candidate who thought she was going to be anointed Senator and didn't have to work for it. While she was sitting on her butt Brown was out there in the trenches gaining support. If Coakely hadn't assumed from the beginning that the seat was hers and did the campaign legwork she wouldn't be in this situation. She allowed Brown to build up a tidal wave of support and it looks like it is going to come down on her Tuesday.

It's funny ... 6 weeks ago I was telling my buddy that Brown didn't have a chance in hell of winning ... I even said I would put a grand on him losing ... boy am I glad I didn't make that bet.

What was the whole story of the Fenway thing? I sort of heard that in passing and an article I posted about a comment she made. I think the whole country would have placed that bet with you. I know if someone came in here to Arizona and just automatically assumed the seat was theirs because McCain had it without doing the legwork, they would be soundly voted down. I'm one of those wait and see types on this deal, it's nice to think that Brown can pull out a win here, but he has a big Mtn. to climb there.

If it were as you say, then why all the effort being made on behalf of Coakley, when it's well known that even recently the DNC , nor any groups, like moveon, SEIU, or a whole host of others had any plans of investing in the race. Even traditional liberal publications, Daily Kos, and media outlets, MSNBC as well as the Boston Globe are calling this one too close to call. As you say you live in the Boston area, and I have many friends there and your actually one of the few people I have heard of from that area that would actually deem the race in such a way. In fact my former XO lives near Boston as well and speaking with him and a few others, I am under the impression that most there have pretty much made up their minds on this race. Further, from what I gather Coakley has not done a lot to actually help herself win over people there as well.

Many outsiders (even some residents) have fantastical illusions about MA. We have horrible problems with racism, bigotry in other forms, and are not the place often pontificated about on airwaves or rags regardless of political bearing. We had a decent long run of Republican governors but many think this is strictly a one party commonwealth.

Coakley has been campaigning a lot and in my job I travel to or through about ten towns every week. It's not the same visibility as if it were a normal election but it's there. Many camps were on the Kennedy death watch and the smartest move they made was staying out of the limelight. All I'm saying is things are not as clear as some are claiming they are which reminds me of how skeptical we all ought to be about media/political reports in any area we are not living. It's amazing how much we can fool ourselves into being so well informed when really we're forming opinions based off the filtered opinions of other's filtered opinions.

oh, wait. you don't.

i'm sorry, but if you're stupid enough to think norway is near boston, you're too stupid to waste time on.

have a pleasant day

Where did I say norway is anywhere near boston? Looks like a fabrication to be used as a convenient excuse to ignore the post. Once again:

If I am as stupid as you claim show us all your brilliant response.

What was the whole story of the Fenway thing? I sort of heard that in passing and an article I posted about a comment she made. I think the whole country would have placed that bet with you. I know if someone came in here to Arizona and just automatically assumed the seat was theirs because McCain had it without doing the legwork, they would be soundly voted down. I'm one of those wait and see types on this deal, it's nice to think that Brown can pull out a win here, but he has a big Mtn. to climb there.

From what I heard she said something along the lines of, "what am I supposed to do? stand outside Fenway and shake hands?" ... and that that was exactly what Brown was doing; standing outside Fenway shaking hands. lol.

He does have a big mountain to climb but maybe not as big as you may think. We tend to elect Republican governors here but admittedly our Senate seats kind of are treated like thrones. If this were anything but an open election and Brown were running against Kennedy or Kerry he'd be toast.

Right now it really feels like he will win. Perhaps it is just that ... a feeling because he has the most vocal and energized supporters.

But I wouldn't bet on it ;)

Many outsiders (even some residents) have fantastical illusions about MA. We have horrible problems with racism, bigotry in other forms, and are not the place often pontificated about on airwaves or rags regardless of political bearing. We had a decent long run of Republican governors but many think this is strictly a one party commonwealth.

Coakley has been campaigning a lot and in my job I travel to or through about ten towns every week. It's not the same visibility as if it were a normal election but it's there. Many camps were on the Kennedy death watch and the smartest move they made was staying out of the limelight. All I'm saying is things are not as clear as some are claiming they are which reminds me of how skeptical we all ought to be about media/political reports in any area we are not living. It's amazing how much we can fool ourselves into being so well informed when really we're forming opinions based off the filtered opinions of other's filtered opinions.

Well then look at it from a pure numbers point of view then according the MA. Democratic party Coakley has set up 2 statewide election offices vs. 5 for Brown and yet has out raised him in donations almost 2 to 1. Further, in events as of last week. Brown had 59 and Coakley had 19 one of which was in Wahsington D.C. Now granted those on the outside looking in don't know the ins and outs but can assume a a few things based on past history of your state. One is that unless the Democrat in the race is just a complete inept campaigner or candidate is on the wrong side of them, then the Democrat should most likely win. Look at the Kennedys for example, how long has that seat been in the hands of the Democrats now? since what the 50's I would imagine and in that time the only race that was ever close was 1994 and Ted Kennedy won that by 17 pts. and was predicted to win it by that much. So what does that say? it tells most people that Coakley has not done her homework in a state that should have been fairly easy to win. From all the polls I have seen in your state on the matter of healthcare as well, over 50% of the people there do not support the current healthcare bill, and it only has a according to the highest one there 38% in favor of it. and yet the Democrat in the race has ignored that fact and pressed on. While it makes sense to honor Ted Kennedy for his service which she should have done, she should have not just asumed that her election was meant as a legacy one in which she was there to keep the seat warm and carry on policy. I would like to think that the people of MA are a little more astute than that to send someone to DC that will not represent them , but is instead there to represent the interests of a national party which may not be in sync with the people of MA.

From what I heard she said something along the lines of, "what am I supposed to do? stand outside Fenway and shake hands?" ... and that that was exactly what Brown was doing; standing outside Fenway shaking hands. lol.

He does have a big mountain to climb but maybe not as big as you may think. We tend to elect Republican governors here but admittedly our Senate seats kind of are treated like thrones. If this were anything but an open election and Brown were running against Kennedy or Kerry he'd be toast.

Right now it really feels like he will win. Perhaps it is just that ... a feeling because he has the most vocal and energized supporters.

But I wouldn't bet on it ;)

Don't worry , I'm not going to bet on it, I did have a thought though , but can only base this on how people in Arizona would feel about it. Had we an election something like this, the reaction here would be against the candidate who was precieved as bringing in outside people to change the election and especially if they do so in a negative way.

Let's see if you honor your word. My religion says I have the Right to say who can post on this board so I will now enact my Right, that you have already agreed to, and I now say you are no longer allowed to post on this board. If you continue to post you will be violating my Religion and you will be betraying your own word.
since this is neither your board nor a government board, STFU

Apparently you completely missed the point. It doesn't have to be my board nor the government's. Try to pay attention.
you cant miss something that wasnt there
dumbass

Forum List

Back