Boom!!!! Scott Brown Pulls Ahead

Hey Skook would you remind us here what you prediction for the Presidential election was.:cuckoo:

Hey s0n.........I went with Rasmussen to the bitter end.........who by the way was a BULLSEYE with their poll for President!!!!:funnyface::oops::oops:

laughing_man-6.jpg

Election 2010: Massachusetts Special Senate Election
Massachusetts Senate Election: Coakley (D) 49%, Brown (R) 47%
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 Email to a Friend ShareThisAdvertisement
The Massachusetts’ special U.S. Senate election has gotten tighter, but the general dynamics remain the same.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state finds Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley attracting 49% of the vote while her Republican rival, state Senator Scott Brown, picks up 47%.

Oooooooooooooooooops !!!!!!

Why can't I be exempt from paying taxes? In my religion I am "MORALLY" opposed to ANY law that restricts MY freedom. I don't recognise the right of my Gov't to overide the will of MY God that I be free to act in ANY way I see fit. If my God wishes me to I will KILL or STEAL any time I WANT to.

Cold did you know that some groups are "exempt" from paying such taxes as Social Security and things of that nature, The Amish come to mind.

this doesnt even account for the fact that people from Massacheusetts are incredibly unsophisticated politically.............their first kneejerk reaction is ALWAYS to stick it to the capitalist and everything else is secondary............

Last edited:
Why can't I be exempt from paying taxes?

In my religion I am "MORALLY" opposed to ANY law that restricts MY freedom.

I don't recognise the right of my Gov't to overide the will of MY God that I be

free to act in ANY way I see fit. If my God wishes me to I will KILL or STEAL

any time I WANT to.

:disbelief: :doubt: The difference is you are not free to do harm.

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Therapeutic nihilism is a contention that curing people, or societies, of their ills by treatment is impossible.

In medicine, it was connected to the idea that many "cures" do more harm than good, and that one should instead encourage the body to heal itself. Michel de Montaigne espoused this view in his Essais. This position was later popular, among other places, in France in the 1820s and 1830s, but has mostly faded away in the modern era due to the development of provably effective medicines such as antibiotics, starting with the release of sulfonamide in 1936.

Objecting to giving contraceptives is NOT incosistant with that oath nor is does it deny a patient the ability to aquire them should they so choose. What some are advocating here is that a healthcare worker should have no MORAL right to deny a contraceptive on sound moral grounds. A. by not doing so it does NOT endanger the life of the victim. B. the victim has the ability to seek that service form any avialable source. So it seems that the Borwn campaign is correct as this legislation in my opinion was seeking middle ground on this issue , because it did not deny the use of contraceptives to anyone and still sought to respect the beliefs of healthcare workers and the wishes of rape victims.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

With special OBLIGATIONS!!!!

any time I WANT to.

Says WHO!!!??? My RELIGION overides ANY social contract. I have the RIGHT under MY religion to do as I please.

Election 2010: Massachusetts Special Senate Election
Massachusetts Senate Election: Coakley (D) 49%, Brown (R) 47%
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 Email to a Friend ShareThisAdvertisement
The Massachusetts’ special U.S. Senate election has gotten tighter, but the general dynamics remain the same.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state finds Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley attracting 49% of the vote while her Republican rival, state Senator Scott Brown, picks up 47%.

Oooooooooooooooooops !!!!!!

How many poll Skook? 1,000? Not a very good poll. Now I could look over that poll and point out ALL the flaws but since I have ALREADY spent a LOT of time doing so with the other poll I am not inclined to do so again. Unless you want me to if so I will point out all the flaws with this particular poll and I could point out many flaws with polling in general.

By the way did you answer my question about your prediction of the 08 elections? You and I BOTH know what you predicted on the MSNBC board so if you want to I can tell everyone here what you predicted but I think it would mean more coming from you.

Most pollsters that don't get their polling close usually end up teaching.

My apologies to all teachers. But, I'm assuming most teachers weren't pollsters

Last edited:
You missed the part about fellow human beings Cold, think about it a moment, if one treats a person for an injury then they have met that obligation. contraception CLEARLY does not rise to the standard of prevention of life threatning injury in rape. Further, there is no such provision in the bill that would deny a victim from seeking contraception from any number of places that would give it to them. Part of that oath are measures that are REQUIRED and in the case of injuries suffered in a rape if a treating healthcare worker had a Moral and religeous objection to giving it, then they have not broken that oath.

Navy. Actually it would be more like someone JOINING the military and THEN saying they won't kill anyone. If you become a doctor you have a "MORAL" obligation to give your patient the care THEY ask for. Tell me this Navy where does it stop? Like I posted a few pages ago what is to stop a Mormon from selling booze or cigarettes? Or a Seventh Day Adventist to REFUSE to prescribe ANYTHING. Or a Scientologist to refuse Psychotropic drugs. These people need to just GET THE FUCK over themselves and give the woman the fucking PILL!!!!
WRONG
you provide the care you reasonably believe they need
you dont prescribe something just because they ASKED for it

and, while i'm not 7th day Adventist, please show proof they oppose ALL medications

because not to far from me they actually have a hospital that has an awful lot of doctors in it as well as a pharmacy

Last edited:

any time I WANT to.

Says WHO!!!??? My RELIGION overides ANY social contract. I have the RIGHT under MY religion to do as I please.
wow, you are WAY wrong on this
what ever drug you are using at this time, please STOP

well, the negative ads on tv, radio and in mailers have ramped up significantly. i got one of these in the mail yesterday.

What can Scott Brown do for Dems? UPS ships off legal salvo - BostonHerald.com

ups seems a little pissed....

Shipping giant UPS isn’t amused by a Democratic Party campaign pamphlet attacking Republican Senate candidate Scott Brown that plays off the company’s slogan “What can Brown do for you?”

Atlanta-based United Parcel Service, known for its ubiquitous brown trucks, demanded yesterday that the Massachusetts Democratic Party, which is listed as paying for the pamphlet, stop distributing it.

The mailer asks “What can Brown do to you?” It shows Scott Brown dressed up as a UPS driver and says, “He can reward corporations that ship your job overseas just like George W. Bush.”

unfortunately, gov. deval patrick has rewarded a number of green tech companies with tax breaks and those companies have chosen to move their manufacturing jobs to, um, china, so very few people are going to bite on that, imo.

now obama's coming to try to rescue her, but i don't see it happening; the brown campaign has gone viral- i've seen handwritten bumper stickers and yard signs for him around town and of the preprinted signs i'd say there's 10 browns for every coakley, maybe more.

coakley has always been a go along to get along pol, as gertrude stein said of oakland "there's no there, there." she thought once she won the democratic primary, the rest was a formality.

oops. now she's had to go completely and relentlessly negative while brown has for the most part continued to pound his issues. he has run ads that feature his daughters taking coakley to task for lying about brown's record which have struck me as pretty effective. i think martha will get the opportunity to focus on her duties as AG for the rest of her term after next tuesday.

"Part of that oath are measures that are REQUIRED and in the case of injuries suffered in a rape if a treating healthcare worker had a Moral and religeous objection to giving it, then they have not broken that oath."

Holy crap now they don't have to treat her INJURIES!!!??? Oh and if they DO have to treat her injuries then they have to treat her PSYCHOLOGICAL injuries too. A victim of RAPE is not likely to WANT to have her rapists fetus growing inside her!

My Gawd Meister go back to page 21-22 and see just how BIASED a poll can be and how easily the #s can be manipulated to say what you WANT them to say. I absolutely EVICERATED the OP with his OWN poll data.
My Gawd, Cold, go back to post #429. I stand by my post, it's the number that they come up with and the actual numbers in the end, Cold. That is what the pollsters hang their hat on. If ya ain't good ya end up teaching.

any time I WANT to.

Says the LAW. You do not have the right to harm others, period.

Best of luck fighting city hall for your religion to harm others. :thup:

:lol: :cuckoo:

My Gawd Meister go back to page 21-22 and see just how BIASED a poll can be and how easily the #s can be manipulated to say what you WANT them to say. I absolutely EVICERATED the OP with his OWN poll data.

sure you did.
:rofl:

Look at the posts Del. I took his OWN poll and PROVED it didn't say what he CLAIMED it did. I aslo showed MANY items that DIRECTELY CONTRADICTED his views. It was actually pretty funny if you ask me, but of course you didn't. Look for yourself and tell me HOW EXACTELY I didn't do what I just claimed.

Forum List

Back