Boom!!!! Scott Brown Pulls Ahead

they would treat her for those injuries
she could seek out abortion treatment from someone else

Why should she be FORCED to seek an ABORTION when all she WANTED was the morning after pill?

Thats when you let one of the OTHER doctors in the hospital write the perscription ;). If EVERY single doctor is a devout catholic/christian then she can just CALL a planned parenthood clinic and they will call in the perscription for her.....well they can in our state here anyway.

So you are saying a pharmacist should be FORCED to fill a precription he has a "moral" objection to filling?

How about we stick to the thread topic - Scott Brown is defeating Coakley for US Senate in Massachusetts?

If you wish to discuss the issue of abortion, or medical care, or anal beads, do it somewhere else...

+
Holy smokes folks - this story is proving to be THE political story since the 2008 election. WOW.

Poll shocker: Scott Brown surges ahead in Senate

Riding a wave of opposition to Democratic health-care reform, GOP upstart Scott Brown is leading in the U.S. Senate race, raising the odds of a historic upset that would reverberate all the way to the White House, a new poll shows.

Although Brown’s 4-point lead over Democrat Martha Coakley is within the Suffolk University/7News survey’s margin of error, the underdog’s position at the top of the results stunned even pollster David Paleologos

“It’s a Brown-out,” said Paleologos, director of Suffolk’s Political Research Center. “It’s a massive change in the political landscape

...“Either Brown’s momentum accelerates and his lead widens, or this becomes a wake-up call for Coakley to become the ‘Comeback Kid’ this weekend,” Paleologos said.

And with 99 percent having made up their minds, voters may be hard to persuade.

The poll surveyed a carefully partitioned electorate meant to match voter turnout: 39 percent Democrat, 15 percent Republican and 45 percent unenrolled.

Brown wins among men and is remarkably competitive among women - trailing Coakley’s 50 percent with 45 percent.

While Brown has 91 percent of registered Republicans locked up, an astonishing 17 percent of Democrats report they’re jumping ship for Brown as well - likely a product of Coakley’s laser-focus on hard-core Dems, potentially at the exclusion of other Democrats whom she needed to win over, Paleologos said.

Full article here:

Poll shocker: Scott Brown surges ahead in Senate race - BostonHerald.com

scottbrowncongress.jpg

Why should she be FORCED to seek an ABORTION when all she WANTED was the morning after pill?

Thats when you let one of the OTHER doctors in the hospital write the perscription ;). If EVERY single doctor is a devout catholic/christian then she can just CALL a planned parenthood clinic and they will call in the perscription for her.....well they can in our state here anyway.

So you are saying a pharmacist should be FORCED to fill a precription he has a "moral" objection to filling?

So let's get to the REAL underlying issue here........How many of you think abortion should be illegal to women who are the victim of RAPE?

Oh and Pilg MY understanding of this is it's about prescribing the morning after pill.

I think rape is one of the few rare instances where abortion should not only remain legal but is morally acceptable.

Perscribing the morning after pill....well the law scott brown voted for didn't say that pharmacists have a right to deny ANY type of perscriptoins. SO if they did deny it they could be legally sued.

Non-issue.

Last edited:
How about we stick to the thread topic - Scott Brown is defeating Coakley for US Senate in Massachusetts?

If you wish to discuss the issue of abortion, or medical care, or anal beads, do it somewhere else...

This stemmed from something to do with Scott Brown sinatra....c'mon man we are keeping your thread pimping at the top of the forum ;).

Plymco, please no more responding - this attempted thread jack by what's his name is not cool.

Thank you!!! :eusa_angel:

So let's get to the REAL underlying issue here........How many of you think abortion should be illegal to women who are the victim of RAPE?

Oh and Pilg MY understanding of this is it's about prescribing the morning after pill.

I think rape is one of the few rare instances where abortion should not only remain legal but is morally acceptable.

Perscribing the morning after pill....well the law scott brown voted for didn't say that pharmacists have a right to deny ANY type of perscriptoins. SO if they did deny it they could be legally sued.

Non-issue.

This stemmed from something to do with Scott Brown sinatra....c'mon man we are keeping your thread pimping at the top of the forum ;).

I hear yah - but the issue is big enough to be one all its own. Abortion - medical care, morning after pill, ethnic doctors, etc.

You may be getting manipulated a bit here and helping remove the focus off of the fact that a Republican appears poised to win the Senate seat in Massachusetts.

Just sayin...

+
+
Holy smokes folks - this story is proving to be THE political story since the 2008 election. WOW.

Poll shocker: Scott Brown surges ahead in Senate

Riding a wave of opposition to Democratic health-care reform, GOP upstart Scott Brown is leading in the U.S. Senate race, raising the odds of a historic upset that would reverberate all the way to the White House, a new poll shows.

Although Brown’s 4-point lead over Democrat Martha Coakley is within the Suffolk University/7News survey’s margin of error, the underdog’s position at the top of the results stunned even pollster David Paleologos

“It’s a Brown-out,” said Paleologos, director of Suffolk’s Political Research Center. “It’s a massive change in the political landscape

...“Either Brown’s momentum accelerates and his lead widens, or this becomes a wake-up call for Coakley to become the ‘Comeback Kid’ this weekend,” Paleologos said.

And with 99 percent having made up their minds, voters may be hard to persuade.

The poll surveyed a carefully partitioned electorate meant to match voter turnout: 39 percent Democrat, 15 percent Republican and 45 percent unenrolled.

Brown wins among men and is remarkably competitive among women - trailing Coakley’s 50 percent with 45 percent.

While Brown has 91 percent of registered Republicans locked up, an astonishing 17 percent of Democrats report they’re jumping ship for Brown as well - likely a product of Coakley’s laser-focus on hard-core Dems, potentially at the exclusion of other Democrats whom she needed to win over, Paleologos said.

Full article here:

Poll shocker: Scott Brown surges ahead in Senate race - BostonHerald.com

scottbrowncongress.jpg

Is it my impression that the Coakley campaign has spent very little time on a merits based campaign there and more so an attack style campaign? One other thing I find interesting about her campaign and this is from an outside observer is that she seems to have given the impression to many in Mass. that she's too busy to actually press the flesh with normal people, the Fenway Park thing comes to mind? If Brown does manage to pull this thing out I suspect the democrats would and rightly so point out that Coakley has run a terrible campaign up there.

While this is very good news i still feel that the Democrats will find a way to rig that thing up there. Look for an awful lot of those "Voter Irregularities" in that election. Hey i'm a bit jaded when it comes to politics i guess. Brown is also gonna to have to be pretty strong to handle the coming Democratic personal smear campaign. Moveon.org and other Liberal hate groups are set to unleash their personal attacks on him in the coming days leading up to the election. The Democrats can longer win on issues & beliefs so they will have to resort to personal smears like they did to Palin and her children. This will be their tactic for all coming elections in 2010 and beyond. It's all the have left at this point. So Brown just needs to tough it out and weather the personal smear storm that will be coming his way. If he does this,he really does have a shot. I guess we'll see though. Go get em Mr. Brown!

One other thing I though was interesting too, and telling, if true, I had the chance to see a little bit of a story from the local news here, and they said that the Coakley campaign is having to bus out of state Union members into Mass. because they are having trouble finding them in state ? Is this true or just hype surrounding the campaign?

One other thing I though was interesting too, and telling, if true, I had the chance to see a little bit of a story from the local news here, and they said that the Coakley campaign is having to bus out of state Union members into Mass. because they are having trouble finding them in state ? Is this true or just hype surrounding the campaign?

I'm a local yokel and I haven't heard about that yet.

I guess SEIU is in boston partaking in efforts to help her though, according to Michael Graham who hates coakley.

The Democrat spin is already starting up to pronounce a Coakley loss as just being a very badly run campaign and nothing to do with voters upset over the Obama agenda.

Yeah, right...

I'm a local yokel and I haven't heard about that yet.

I guess SEIU is in boston partaking in efforts to help her though, according to Michael Graham who hates coakley.

Thought it was funny that one of the police Unions up there who is a SEIU affiliate actually endorsed Brown. All I can say is that Coakley to be in this kind of trouble in Mass. , she must be a very poor candidate or univerwsally disliked there.

As to the "morning after pill", there are serious medical objections to that thing as well. It causes massive internal bleeding. It is not something to be used causally.

Forum List

Back