Bought a model 15 clone yesterday.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Found this Japanese made Singer model 15 clone it at the local flea market for $10. Motor worked but the mechanicals were jammed up.

A few minutes and some penetrating oil and everything turned again.

Dropped it off at the local sewing machine repair to have it checked out, cleaned and regulated.

The wife's sewing machine can calculate re-entry vectors for NASA. That's not for me. This 70 year old analog technology is right up my alley. I look forward to getting it back in a few week.

FTR...these aren't worth much...but they are based in the Singer patents and almost all parts are compatible and available.

Apparently, the US Government either waived the patent protections, or the patents had expired. The Japanese were encouraged and helped under the Marshall Plan to begin manufacturing these machine in an attempt to reinvigorate their economy after the war.

They can be converted to treadle or hand cranked.

This isn't it...but it is identical right down to the pattern on the circular silver cover plate...except it says "State" where this one says Universal.

Screenshot_2020-09-04-19-27-08(1).png

Got to play around with it a little today...learned some things from videos like this...

If you end up looking for one of these...get one with the round plate and the second spool pin for bobbin winding...

Capture+_2020-10-07-02-09-49(1).png

Disassembled the Stop-Motion assembly and cleaned the shaft and inside of the handwheel tonight and got the bobbin winder working.

How to here...

Forum List

Back