Brain/Leatherface

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Americans like crime folklore so I thought I'd sign off with a crime mythology (modern/dystopian) inspired by Escape from New York. Enjoy (and God bless!),

====

Evelyn was a model from Malaysia before the Apocalypse. Now, she's stuck in Starling City as a makeshift hostess of the makeshift Detroit government, currently plagued by a maniac named Leatherface, a chainsaw wielding skin mask looney. Evelyn wondered if there was a real dream left in this planet.

IMG_0618.JPG

Evelyn had some blood diamonds from the Old Republic which were lifted by Leatherface. The underground infamy was that Leatherface was now both a pirate and a maniac. He possessed $30 million diamonds now on Earth and hid in Detroit.

IMG_0626.JPG

LEATHERFACE: "No one take diamonds from me, oh!!!"

IMG_0668.JPG

A new thief was in town named Brain, and this guy's smart! Brain wasn't a priest but he's an MIT professor from the Old Republic, now a street thief in post-apocalypse Detroit. Brain is pained and paid by hostess Evelyn to sneak into the cave of Leatherface underground and steals his bloody diamonds with a nifty and clever glue gun, tricking Leatherface into thinking he's just a street merchant!

IMG_0667.JPG

EVELYN: Thanks, Brain.
BRAIN: Sure thing!
EVELYN: Where ya headed?
BRAIN: Hell.
EVELYN: Sure.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)
Indeed, and the next line serves to explain "Why a Bible?" even better.
19 A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.

20 Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter.
In light of this perceived senselessness, he suggests that human beings should enjoy the simple pleasures of daily life, such as eating, drinking, and taking enjoyment in one's work, which are gifts from the hand of God. The book concludes with the injunction to "Fear God and keep his commandments; for that is the whole duty of everyone. Since every deed will God bring to judgment, for every hidden act, be it good or evil".
In other words: Keep thy head down. Know thy place. Obey your betters, for it is they who have all the real money.

Forum List

Back