Breaking Bad: The Final 8

It's the nickname, Snookie.

this is snookie
snookie.gif

:eusa_angel:

You guys need to get a room, or start your own thread.

Who puts the last bullet into Walter White?

My bet is on Marie.

But I will give odds on Skyler or Walt Jr.
I'm thinking Jesse. Walt is intent on killing Jack and the Aryans, as is Jesse. I can see them collaborating on the hit and Jesse keeping two rounds. One for Walt and one for himself.

You could be right, but its too obvious for me to bet on it.

I'd like to bet Walt and Jesse, trailed by an AFT/DEA army, run out of gas just before they cross the Mexican Border, and die in the Chuhuahuan dessert.
Ever since the ridiculous events at the burial site and all that's happened afterward, especially the disappointingly merciful disposal of Hank and the redundantly cruel murder of Pinkman's girlfriend, my interest in the outcome of this series has declined.

I wanted to see Walt's confession disc put Hank in Leavenworth, which would have been a master-stroke in keeping with the admirably imaginative plot twists we've come to expect. Instead it appears the writing staff has grown tired and is anxious to wrap it up and go home.

Ya know...

It occurs to me that the DEA doesn't seem to know anything about Pinkman who could end up with 30 gallons of metheline (sp), no heat on him, the entire "market" to himself thanks to Todd's family and Fring taking out the cartel.

Once a gangster always a gangster...

I think it would be a fitting ending.

But something bad has to happen to Grechen and Doug (was that his name)? It's too much of an elephant in the room not to.

so.... the discussion of 'realism' strikes me as silly. Nothing about this series is realistic. Except for the motivations of the characters, which is poignantly on target.

For my money, though Gilligan has never indicated such, the entire series is a treatise on mid-life crisis.

so.... the discussion of 'realism' strikes me as silly.
While most of the sequences and actions are extremely unlikely, improbable, and certainly uncommon, all but a few are entirely possible, and some are quite realistic.

Nothing about this series is realistic. Except for the motivations of the characters, which is poignantly on target.
Clandestine methamphetamine (and other drug) production, sometimes under elaborate conditions, is not realistic? Multi-million dollar accumulations of cash are not realistic? Crooked lawyers like Saul Goodman on the payroll of drug dealers is not a realistic concept? Assassins assigned by Mexican cartels are not realistic?

I will agree that most of what we've seen in the Breaking Bad series is highly stylized and exaggeratedly dramatized, but it most certainly is a reflection of reality. However, one thing which is absolutely unrealistic was the gunfight scene at the burial site. That scene was strictly grade-B hype except to those who have no familiarity with firearms. Also, I laughed at the notion of Walt pushing around that barrel of money. In fact, quite a bit of the final three or four episodes has drifted into fantasy. But most of the series has been an artful though fanciful reflection of a modern-day reality and you may rest assured the writing staff had access to consultants who lived in the life.

For my money, though Gilligan has never indicated such, the entire series is a treatise on mid-life crisis.
Who is Gilligan?

And, again, are you talking about Breaking Bad as a "treatise on mid-life crisis?" If so, whose? If you mean Walter White, how about a treatise on an emerging psychopathic alter-ego rather than ordinary middle-age male frustration? A mid-life crisis typically involves a sports car, a new wardrobe, and boner pills. Walt has ventured quite a bit beyond that level of diversion, but I think the series is for the most part well-crafted fiction.

Who is Gilligan? * * * *

WTF?

Damn. Have you ever read the damn credits?

Vince Gilligan is an American writer, director, and producer. He is best known as the creator of the highly acclaimed television series Breaking Bad. He has also worked on the hit series The X-Files and . . . .
-- https://www.google.com/#q=breaking+bad+creator&safe=off

I enjoy shows that show you how to make drugs, kill and torture people, and yet have decency to bleep out the word fuck.

I enjoy shows that show you how to make drugs, kill and torture people, and yet have decency to bleep out the word fuck.
That show doesn't teach you how to make drugs.

Anyone who has done meth, knows if it turns blue, you bought bunk!

There's no such thing as "good blue meth"!

just now finished watching the final episode a second time...

nearly perfect...

one li'l thing bothers me, though...

I don't think it would realistically be possible to drive a stolen Volvo two thousand miles across a dozen states with an APB bulletin alerting all the various state law enforcement agencies to be on the lookout for it...

but hey... a small quibble, right...?

just now finished watching the final episode a second time...

nearly perfect...

one li'l thing bothers me, though...

I don't think it would realistically be possible to drive a stolen Volvo two thousand miles across a dozen states with an APB bulletin alerting all the various state law enforcement agencies to be on the lookout for it...

but hey... a small quibble, right...?

Oh, well technically it was all implausible as hell... but very satisfying. Even though he 'got what he deserved', he still managed to find some peace in the end.

Been thinking about this more. The finale was, indeed, a masterpiece. And a sublime gift to the fans of the show. It's amazing they were able to squeeze a viable, life-affirming, ending out of so much tragedy and suffering. And to do it without cheapening the journey. I can't imagine how it could have been better.

Forum List

Back