Breaking Bad: The Final 8

Walt redeemed himself. He took out all the bad guys and helped to save the good.

One great ending.

Not like Dexter. That ending sucked real bad

Walt redeemed himself. He took out all the bad guys and helped to save the good.

One great ending.

And could that final song have been any more perfect? Even down to the name of the band (Badfinger) and their own tragic story (they got ripped off by their manager and half the band committed suicide).

Last edited:
au revoir To the greatest show ever.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMmqvI1Jh-M]Breaking Bad 5x16 Promo | "Felina" (HD) Series Finale - YouTube[/ame]

Vince Gilligan is brilliant. I do not think this could ever be done again, Although I am sure many will try. TNT turned this series down and AMC picked it up.

Point and laugh at TNT

This series was extremely well conceived -- right up to the episode at the burial site where the Aryans killed Hank and his partner. Beginning with the absurd "gunfight" the series has devolved from the ridiculous to the sublimely incredible. While stretched credibility is an acceptable component of good fiction one tends to lose interest when fiction borders on fantasy as it has done throughout the final three episodes of Breaking Bad, which could have been done much better. As it is, what could have ended up as memorably good fiction has slid into the category of onanistic fantasy.

One excellent example of good tv series fiction is the currently ongoing, Homeland, which stretches credibility but never drifts toward fantasy. Another good one was, The Wire. And while Boardwalk Empire is based on real people and vaguely factual circumstances it is a highly fanciful example of extremely well-done fiction.

In my opinion, Breaking Bad got off to an admirable start but has ended as an increasingly silly disappointment in the vampires and zombies category.

Last edited:
This series was extremely well conceived -- right up to the episode at the burial site where the Aryans killed Hank and his partner. Beginning with the absurd "gunfight" the series has devolved from the ridiculous to the sublimely incredible. While stretched credibility is an acceptable component of good fiction one tends to lose interest when fiction borders on fantasy as it has done throughout the final three episodes of Breaking Bad, which could have been done much better. As it is, what could have ended up as memorably good fiction has slid into the category of onanistic fantasy.

One excellent example of good tv series fiction is the currently ongoing, Homeland, which stretches credibility but never drifts toward fantasy. Another good one was, The Wire. And while Boardwalk Empire is based on real people and vaguely factual circumstances it is a highly fanciful example of extremely well-done fiction.

In my opinion, Breaking Bad got off to an admirable start but has ended as an increasingly silly disappointment in the vampires and zombies category.

You are the only one I've ever heard from who didn't like the ending.

There were just so many things about the final episodes that simply make no sense to me. Such as Walt's affection for Hank while Hank, the archetypal authoritarian brute who benefited from Walt and Skyler's generosity, was eagerly disposed to putting Walt in prison and destroying his family. But in spite of the fact that the boss Aryan rather generously spared Walt's life and let him get away with eleven million dollars, Walt was vindictively hateful of that Aryan for killing a loathsome bastard like Hank. That is comparable to loving one's cancer and hating the doctor who excises it.

That's just one element of the story that throws my thinking completely off balance because it makes no sense.

Well, here's another one. It isn't that I didn't like it - I was mildly disappointed by it. I expected more. I sat there, waiting for something to REALLY happen, and it never did. I found the automatic rifle in the trunk of the car not believeable. I just don't think it would have (or could have) happened that way.

I found Walt's last contact with Skyler unfulfilling at best. The forcing the money on the couple to give to Walt's son and the laser sighting-in on their chests to make the point that they should follow through was clever, but, once again, not very believeable.

I don't know - I really liked this show. I have seen every episode and will probably go through it all again on Netflix. But, somehow, I felt vaguely let down by the final episode. What the hell, I felt the same way about the final edpisode of The Sopranos as well.

I'm thinking Jesse. Walt is intent on killing Jack and the Aryans, as is Jesse. I can see them collaborating on the hit and Jesse keeping two rounds. One for Walt and one for himself.

You could be right, but its too obvious for me to bet on it.

I'd like to bet Walt and Jesse, trailed by an AFT/DEA army, run out of gas just before they cross the Mexican Border, and die in the Chuhuahuan dessert.
Ever since the ridiculous events at the burial site and all that's happened afterward, especially the disappointingly merciful disposal of Hank and the redundantly cruel murder of Pinkman's girlfriend, my interest in the outcome of this series has declined.

I wanted to see Walt's confession disc put Hank in Leavenworth, which would have been a master-stroke in keeping with the admirably imaginative plot twists we've come to expect. Instead it appears the writing staff has grown tired and is anxious to wrap it up and go home.

Take me back to the time Walt was negotiating with evil drug kingpins or shooting it out with them in deserted, desert cabins. Now THERE was some action. And I agree completely about Hank. What a jerk he was - I would have liked to have seen the Aryian Brotherhood guys string him up for a little torture session before setting fire to him or some such.

With the exception of Ricining that spineless bitch it was kinda lame.
Hey, I masterbated to that spineless bitch!

The scene in the desert where she's walking across all the dead bodies and say's something to the affect of,
"I don't want to look!" "I don't want to see anything!"

I thought that would be the perfect time!

Take me back to the time Walt was negotiating with evil drug kingpins or shooting it out with them in deserted, desert cabins. Now THERE was some action. And I agree completely about Hank. What a jerk he was - I would have liked to have seen the Aryian Brotherhood guys string him up for a little torture session before setting fire to him or some such.
Like the old south?

You're so evil, Mr Costanza.

I kinda felt sorry for Walt, I know that not's popular but he tried to make amends at the end.
Your feelings are understandable because Walt was either intentionally or unintentionally portrayed as being a Jekyll & Hyde (disassociative disorder) personality and you are responding to the good Walt, the gentle chem teacher, loving husband and father. But as the series progressed we are shown more and more of the alter-ego. Walt's demon side.

This element of the tale, combined with some of the best acting I've seen in a tv series, could have been the basis for a truly sophisticated and extraordinary production. But they spoiled it by tossing in a lot of clumsy comic-book sequences, such as the ridiculously improbable, remotely activated, robotic machine-gun contraption used to wipe out the Aryan gang. That and several other absurdities spoil what could have been a true masterpiece.

Breaking Bad could have been much, much better if the writing staff had managed to maintain plot and sequence integrity and not drift off into simplistic fantasy.

just now finished watching the final episode a second time...

nearly perfect...

one li'l thing bothers me, though...

I don't think it would realistically be possible to drive a stolen Volvo two thousand miles across a dozen states with an APB bulletin alerting all the various state law enforcement agencies to be on the lookout for it...

but hey... a small quibble, right...?
That is but one of many "small quibbles" which add up to one great big "quibble" in the end.

I kinda felt sorry for Walt, I know that not's popular but he tried to make amends at the end.
Your feelings are understandable because Walt was either intentionally or unintentionally portrayed as being a Jekyll & Hyde (disassociative disorder) personality and you are responding to the good Walt, the gentle chem teacher, loving husband and father. But as the series progressed we are shown more and more of the alter-ego. Walt's demon side.

This element of the tale, combined with some of the best acting I've seen in a tv series, could have been the basis for a truly sophisticated and extraordinary production. But they spoiled it by tossing in a lot of clumsy comic-book sequences, such as the ridiculously improbable, remotely activated, robotic machine-gun contraption used to wipe out the Aryan gang. That and several other absurdities spoil what could have been a true masterpiece.

Breaking Bad could have been much, much better if the writing staff had managed to maintain plot and sequence integrity and not drift off into simplistic fantasy.

How would you have ended it ?

I was also glad Jessie got away :cool:

folks who wanna tiresomely quibble 'bout this 'n that in the final episode can stick it where the sun don't shine...

everything worked out nearly perfectly...

and, as I said previously, the only quibble I have is the absolute improbability of the DEA's most-wanted guy quietly making a cross-country trip in a stolen Volvo with New Hampshire plates...

'course, Walt getting stopped before his final destination wouldn't have allowed for the grand finale'...

anyhow... meantime, I wanna hear this tune again...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pwc0klMRSQ]Baby Blue - Badfinger - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
btw, the idea of the anti-hero on a quest getting stopped short of his final destination reminded me of this flick from more'n 40 years ago...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQbSrGSoyos]Vanishing Point - Traffic (Dear Mr. Fantasy) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back