Breaking Bad: The Final 8

I'm still puzzled by what Walt is up to re: Jesse.

I suspect his 'family' motif is still driving his actions - that somewhere in his twisted rationalizations he believes what he did/is doing to Jesse was the only way to 'save' him. But I'm not sure how.

The personality they've assigned to Walt is about as bizarre as it gets. While logically he should be wishing to see Hank die the death of a thousand cuts he is tearfully begging for his life to be spared -- because, ". . . He's family!" And now he's gone completely off the deep end in a tirade of hatred for Skyler, who is the best thing ever happened to him.

He has become a fully manifest Jekyll and Hyde, so I won't even venture a guess on what's coming.

I wish to say I'm completely disappointed that Walt's confession disc didn't end up putting Hank in prison. That would have been a brilliantly poetic element. Too bad things are going in the opposite direction. Poor Skyler can't avoid doing time and her bitch of a sister will end up with a sweet little girl to raise as her own.

Sad.

Nah, you should watch again. Walt's tirade on Skyler was more of his scheming - all in the name of family. He knew the phone would be bugged, and deliberately made himself out to be the bully and "mastermind" to cover up her complicity.

And his personality has changed, but his core motivations have remained utterly consistent. His sin is pride, his insatiable ego. But his justification is always family. It's what he uses to rationalize everything he does. I think it's some pretty remarkable screenwriting myself.

OK, I like this theory better than my "Walt has Snapped" version. It was difficult to believe he'd make the same mistake twice in less than 24 hours.

I'm still puzzled by what Walt is up to re: Jesse.

I suspect his 'family' motif is still driving his actions - that somewhere in his twisted rationalizations he believes what he did/is doing to Jesse was the only way to 'save' him. But I'm not sure how.
I am still puzzled by Walt's apparent concern for Hank. I believe it's because I'm blinded by emotion -- my loathing for Hank's persona, which is that of the classic ultimate authoritarian. I would like to see Hank bound and set afire and i was hoping to at least see him sitting in a cell at Leavenworth. So Walt's disposition toward the bastard has me baffled.

No attention has been paid to the passionate loathing for Hank expressed (brilliantly) by Jesse from his hospital bed after being beaten by Hank. Jesse seems to have totally forgotten that inspired state of smoldering rage. And no issue is made of the fact that Jesse could have torn Hanks metaphorical balls off if Walt hadn't intervened.

Also (as Samson has pointed out) the vial of ricin is still in play.

And what reason could Walt have for telling Jesse about Jane's preventable death?

What are your thoughts.

The personality they've assigned to Walt is about as bizarre as it gets. While logically he should be wishing to see Hank die the death of a thousand cuts he is tearfully begging for his life to be spared -- because, ". . . He's family!" And now he's gone completely off the deep end in a tirade of hatred for Skyler, who is the best thing ever happened to him.

He has become a fully manifest Jekyll and Hyde, so I won't even venture a guess on what's coming.

I wish to say I'm completely disappointed that Walt's confession disc didn't end up putting Hank in prison. That would have been a brilliantly poetic element. Too bad things are going in the opposite direction. Poor Skyler can't avoid doing time and her bitch of a sister will end up with a sweet little girl to raise as her own.

Sad.

Nah, you should watch again. Walt's tirade on Skyler was more of his scheming - all in the name of family. He knew the phone would be bugged, and deliberately made himself out to be the bully and "mastermind" to cover up her complicity.

And his personality has changed, but his core motivations have remained utterly consistent. His sin is pride, his insatiable ego. But his justification is always family. It's what he uses to rationalize everything he does. I think it's some pretty remarkable screenwriting myself.

OK, I like this theory better than my "Walt has Snapped" version. It was difficult to believe he'd make the same mistake twice in less than 24 hours.
Agreed.

Jesse will remember the effects of red phosphorous and hot liquid and kill anyone who is not masked up in the Aryan meth lab. Todd, of course will be masked.

Walt will use the ricin against Todd and Jesse. Then he and Skylar and Flynn will ride off into the sunset.

Saul will get his own spin off show.

:lol:

Turns out they didn't miss. Hank wounded, his partner killed.

Another excellent episode last night, but I believe it was the climax of the series.

I don't see how the final 2 episodes can be anything other than an aftermath epilogue.

Hank was killed, not wounded. Jesse is gonna be the hero in the end.

I was referring to the shootout, you idiot.

He wasn't killed til after the shootout was over.

relax dude, its a friggin TV show....

Jesse will remember the effects of red phosphorous and hot liquid and kill anyone who is not masked up in the Aryan meth lab. Todd, of course will be masked.

Walt will use the ricin against Todd and Jesse. Then he and Skylar and Flynn will ride off into the sunset.

You're laughing, but did you know this is actually true?

Sad.

Sad.

Walt snapped after Jesse sent him the fake photo of the drum-o-money. He continues to babble away over the phone to Skylar, even though he implicated himself exactly the same way on the phone with Jesse less than 24 hours before.

I don't know what to think......it APPEARS to me he snapped....he basically confessed on the phone, if he knew they were recording that, he gave them what they need, and he also implicated Sky....

remember, with 2 episodes left, we have yet to see the house get torched and someone scrawl Heisenberg in spray paint on the wall and his retrieving the ricin and when he did , he had hair...

so his getting in that van tells me ; a) he knows he has crossed a bridge he cannot recross, he knows he gave them evidence via the phone call, b) he'll be gone 'a while' c) he comes back to take out the nazi crowd, and rescue Jesse, thats why he has the M-60 machine gun....d) the ricin? beats me how that plays unless he takes it himself;)...thats my 'suppose' for the last 2 episodes...

get outta town......:lol:

really:eusa_eh:

get outta town......:lol:

really:eusa_eh:

Really:

AMC has signed up for a Breaking Bad spinoff.
Better Call Saul, in discussions for months, will be a one-hour "prequel" to the acclaimed drama that will "focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White's lawyer," the network said in a joint statement with Sony Pictures Television. The show's title is the cheesy attorney's ad slogan.

It's starting to get stupid now and appears to be headed for a disappointing conclusion.

With a barrel full of money are those accomodations the best the disappearance maven can provide for Walt? What Walt needs is a few hundred dollars worth of theatrical makeup and a modestly comfortable apartment to hole up in right smack in the middle of a crowded working class neighborhood in New York City -- where nobody pays attention to strangers and where Osama bin Laden could have lived without being noticed. Seriously.

What the disappearance maven really should be able to provide is a conveniently immediate alternate identity, not just a barren, remote cabin with next to nothing to pass the time. Couldn't he provide some entertaining diversions to keep Walt occupied and reasonably comfortable for a few months? And are we expected to believe the idea of just disposing of Walt and walking away with that barrel of money hasn't occurred to him?

And what is Walt up to now? It's getting weak. The last few episodes have drifted between highly improbable and utterly fantastic. It could have been much better if the writers were not so preoccupied with presenting two opposing sides of Walt's personality. I can't come to terms with his concern for the killing of that evil bastard, Hank, who is the cause of all his misery and who was eagerly predisposed to destroying his family -- just so he could make a big arrest. That character is true to the model of Victor Hugo's Javert and his demise was far too merciful.

I missed the episode. Did Walt kill hank?

No, The neo-Nazi Aryan Gangleader kills Hank.

Walt strenuosly objected, offering up his money barrels in exchange for Hank's life because "Hank is FAMILY."

Later Hank's wife blackmails Skyer into telling Walt Jr. the Truth. This results in Skyler slashing Walt, and Walt Jr. calling the cops.

Yep, Hank was very damn helpful in his dogged pursuit.

It's starting to get stupid now and appears to be headed for a disappointing conclusion.

With a barrel full of money are those accomodations the best the disappearance maven can provide for Walt? What Walt needs is a few hundred dollars worth of theatrical makeup and a modestly comfortable apartment to hole up in right smack in the middle of a crowded working class neighborhood in New York City -- where nobody pays attention to strangers and where Osama bin Laden could have lived without being noticed. Seriously.

What the disappearance maven really should be able to provide is a conveniently immediate alternate identity, not just a barren, remote cabin with next to nothing to pass the time. Couldn't he provide some entertaining diversions to keep Walt occupied and reasonably comfortable for a few months? And are we expected to believe the idea of just disposing of Walt and walking away with that barrel of money hasn't occurred to him?

And what is Walt up to now? It's getting weak. The last few episodes have drifted between highly improbable and utterly fantastic. It could have been much better if the writers were not so preoccupied with presenting two opposing sides of Walt's personality. I can't come to terms with his concern for the killing of that evil bastard, Hank, who is the cause of all his misery and who was eagerly predisposed to destroying his family -- just so he could make a big arrest. That character is true to the model of Victor Hugo's Javert and his demise was far too merciful.

You are wrong again.

Money can not always buy connections. Walt has run out of connections. All he's got left is his money. How ironic.

Not everyone is a homicidal maniac. In fact, most people are not. It's not unrealistic that the guy hiding him would not kill him.

Walt doesn't view Hank the same way you do. It's his brother-in-law who he has known and cared about for 20 years.

Anyway, like I said last week, the episode where Hank gets killed and Walt loses control was the climax. These last 2 episodes are an epilogue.

Walt strenuosly objected, offering up his money barrels in exchange for Hank's life because "Hank is FAMILY."

Later Hank's wife blackmails Skyer into telling Walt Jr. the Truth. This results in Skyler slashing Walt, and Walt Jr. calling the cops.

thanks. I saw the episode where hank's wife made her tell the son. Hank said he didn't kill hank so I am glad he was telling the truth.

That was a weird scene where they turned hank's old partner into a meth cook zombie. His name is Jesse, right?

thanks. I saw the episode where hank's wife made her tell the son. Hank said he didn't kill hank so I am glad he was telling the truth.

That was a weird scene where they turned hank's old partner into a meth cook zombie. His name is Jesse, right?

Yes, Jesse is now the Meth-cook-slave.

Walt thinks he's dead.

You are wrong again.

Money can not always buy connections. Walt has run out of connections. All he's got left is his money. How ironic.
The difference between good fiction and bad fiction is the factor of credibility, which has been the strength of this series -- until now. Beginning with the wholly incredible "gunfight" this long series of well crafted fiction is devolving into poorly conceived fantasy, acceptable only to hyper-romantic spinsters and men who simply don't get out much.

A far more realistic scenario would be the Disappearance Maven renting a suitable apartment in New York City under a fake name, paying three months rent in advance, and Walt moving in -- not with a barrel but with some strong cardboard boxes. That would be a much better place to hide than a remote New Hampshire cabin, which is vulnerable to hunters, hikers, and curious local police. Walt would have physical comfort, cable tv, and by using a wig and beard he could order in foods and an occasional outcall hooker if he chose to.

Wouldn't that be more credible and interesting fiction? Or don't you think the best place to hide is in a crowd?

Not everyone is a homicidal maniac. In fact, most people are not. It's not unrealistic that the guy hiding him would not kill him.
It's not unrealistic but it is extremely improbable. While this fellow might not be a homicidal maniac he is an outlaw who takes extreme risks for money. Here is an opportunity to walk away with a barrel full of money and all he has to do is dispose of an unpleasant guy who talks down to him and could turn out to be a problem. While he's not a homicidal maniac he also is not a model of Christian morality.

But I can accept that he's simply not inclined to dispose of Walt and let it go at that.

Walt doesn't view Hank the same way you do. It's his brother-in-law who he has known and cared about for 20 years.
Hank is an egomaniacal authoritarian brute who is likable only to slavishly masochistic freaks like his kleptomaniacal wife and his submissively Chauvinistic partner, Gomez. Walt is the diametic opposite of those personalities and there never has been the slightest indication that he especially likes Hank. All I've ever seen is Hank as the guy who is married to Walt's wife's sister and who Walt is dragged off to visit now and then.

More recently, Hank is the guy who has immensely benefited from Walt and Skyler's generosity but wholly ignores that fact while diligently endeavoring to destroy Walt and Skyler's lives, not to mention those of their children. Yet Walt is shown to be grievously offended by seeing that miserable beast executed.

Meanwhile, Todd's uncle, the head Nazi, who logically was expected to put Walt in the same hole with Hank and Gomez, demonstrated what may be described as an amazingly good-natured gesture of spontaneous decency by allowing Walt to live and get away with a barrel of money. But Walt hates that fellow and is determined to kill him.

He loves the man who wanted to destroy his family but he hates the man who spared his life. Actually he has no logical reason for either emotional disposition, which are factors that serve to further complicate what already is a confusing approach to the conclusion of an otherwise entertaining and well crafted tale.

I hope they don't intend to spring a Sopranos-type ending on us.

Last edited:
Ok..my prediction for the last show..

Jessie and Walt now have someone personal who was killed by that Aryans. They are so going to team up again.

I think in the end, Jessie dies. Of course eventually Walt dies, but of the cancer, not a bullet. Walt gets his money back...all of it. His son eventually forgives his memory and fade to black.

Ok..my prediction for the last show..

Jessie and Walt now have someone personal who was killed by that Aryans. They are so going to team up again.

I think in the end, Jessie dies. Of course eventually Walt dies, but of the cancer, not a bullet. Walt gets his money back...all of it. His son eventually forgives his memory and fade to black.

It does occur to me that nobody is looking for Pinkman and nobody knows about the meth precursor... I wonder about a scenario where either Hank or Jesse go back into the business.

I have an inkling that the last words of the series will be "Wanna cook?"

Forum List

Back