The Conservatives vetted Obama in 2008

They gave us such things as..

Obama is not an American
Michelle Obama hates America
Obama does not wear a flag lapel pin
Obama supports terrorists
Obama does not salute the flag

Glad to see the 2012 vetting is following a proud tradition

So that's Breitbart's big, shocking surprise?

Obama once went to a play about Saul Alinsky?

Obama later took part in a panel discussion about Alynsky that included the creme de la creme of Chicago's radical Left after the play was over. Even back then, it was noted by the observers, that the women present had orgasms and the men fainted whenever Obama spoke.
I liked the little part where Alynski said he would rather go to Hell when he died than Heaven, because Hell would be filled with the 'Have Nots" of virtue providing him a more target rich environment for his Community Organizing activities.
Do you suppose we could ever get NBC's David Gregory to ask Barack this question during a debate with whomever the Republican Candidate may be when this seemingly endless primary season ends: "Would he (Mr Obama) willingly follow his mentor Saul Alynsky's wishes and directions into Hell also in order to take advantage of the abundant Community Organizing prospects offered by the plentiful "Have nots" of virtue found there?"

Alinsky? Kind of beating a dead horse, aren't you? He's effected the tactics of everybody in politics, particularly Gingrich.

The Conservatives vetted Obama in 2008

They gave us such things as..

Obama is not an American
Michelle Obama hates America
Obama does not wear a flag lapel pin
Obama supports terrorists
Obama does not salute the flag

Glad to see the 2012 vetting is following a proud tradition

:wine::booze:well at least you waited until 300.........:rolleyes:

actually, it's not "getting play" because even the rightwingers know that it's stupid. well, other than the obama deranged loons.

just sayin

so, just publishing this puts them, or that is anyone who published this or anyone who is interested in this, in the loon category?

I can imagine this will stir up a few feathers…and I suspect they are not done either.

*shrugs* this is all just INFORMATION that should have been surfaced when he was running…..

So let me preface my take, and get ahead of the lefty push back which will occur……

1)- he, Obama is free to associate with whomever he pleases, and I am dead serious.

2)- he is free to believe whatever he wishes and espouse such, and again, I am in earnest.

3)- what the believes is not really my issue, I have my opinions and he certainly would not agree with them all, as I don't his.
Really, no ones opinion can be classified as right wrong etc...I mean who are we, you me anyone to say hey, your OPINION is 'wrong'....its not a right or wrong proposition, BUT, as an individual we are all free to make values judgment based on what/how a person thinks and how they conduct themselves. Is this a person I would hang with, be friends with, let watch my children, trust as a president....

That all being said, what we see here is a willfully contrived media travesty, because, as a man running for President, this is the kind of thing that most certainly should have been the focus of a story.

4)- Those who will jump out now and call BS or clamor it means nothing or you just hate obama, well, like it or not your opinion of my opinion like I said, doesn't really mean much, and its just information.....what do you care? WHAT are you afraid of? :eusa_eh:

:eusa_hand:I’ll tell you what you are afraid of, it shows Obama frame of mind or provides insight into his values, and would have reinforced already surfaced stories feeding the opinions of those that don’t agree with re-distributive policy or approve of associations with folks who hold a jaded view of America, you are afraid that that view may be held by a great many more people IF THEY KNEW, there fore you don’t really care about my opinion anyway per se’, you are just protecting Obama from things hes said and done , that are not illegal and purely a matter of individual taste and, individual interpretation…..but, deep donw, you know how a majority of folks would react, so, time to drag out the hate……………….

To bad…….Your argument means exactly zero, there is no defense, I, we, etc. are entitled to make judgments based on values and associations just as you are, I/we are not casting judgment in a sense of right or wrong, but we may ans can cast one in line with our personal opinion/beliefs as it pertains to public office and I would say, don't tell me how to feel about what I see and read, just let me see it and move on.... ......

But here we are 4 years later……………………. The media not only laid down on the job or were asleep at the switch, they bought the bed to sleep in and the kool aid to knock themselves.

While I agree with the majority of your post - of course you're entitled to judge Obama by whatever standards you want - I don't agree that this information was "withheld" during the 2008 campaign.

All we heard from Conservatives in 2008 was Wright, Ayers, Alinsky, etc.

I can imagine this will stir up a few feathers…and I suspect they are not done either.

*shrugs* this is all just INFORMATION that should have been surfaced when he was running…..

So let me preface my take, and get ahead of the lefty push back which will occur……

1)- he, Obama is free to associate with whomever he pleases, and I am dead serious.

2)- he is free to believe whatever he wishes and espouse such, and again, I am in earnest.

3)- what the believes is not really my issue, I have my opinions and he certainly would not agree with them all, as I don't his.
Really, no ones opinion can be classified as right wrong etc...I mean who are we, you me anyone to say hey, your OPINION is 'wrong'....its not a right or wrong proposition, BUT, as an individual we are all free to make values judgment based on what/how a person thinks and how they conduct themselves. Is this a person I would hang with, be friends with, let watch my children, trust as a president....

That all being said, what we see here is a willfully contrived media travesty, because, as a man running for President, this is the kind of thing that most certainly should have been the focus of a story.

4)- Those who will jump out now and call BS or clamor it means nothing or you just hate obama, well, like it or not your opinion of my opinion like I said, doesn't really mean much, and its just information.....what do you care? WHAT are you afraid of? :eusa_eh:

:eusa_hand:I’ll tell you what you are afraid of, it shows Obama frame of mind or provides insight into his values, and would have reinforced already surfaced stories feeding the opinions of those that don’t agree with re-distributive policy or approve of associations with folks who hold a jaded view of America, you are afraid that that view may be held by a great many more people IF THEY KNEW, there fore you don’t really care about my opinion anyway per se’, you are just protecting Obama from things hes said and done , that are not illegal and purely a matter of individual taste and, individual interpretation…..but, deep donw, you know how a majority of folks would react, so, time to drag out the hate……………….

To bad…….Your argument means exactly zero, there is no defense, I, we, etc. are entitled to make judgments based on values and associations just as you are, I/we are not casting judgment in a sense of right or wrong, but we may ans can cast one in line with our personal opinion/beliefs as it pertains to public office and I would say, don't tell me how to feel about what I see and read, just let me see it and move on.... ......

But here we are 4 years later……………………. The media not only laid down on the job or were asleep at the switch, they bought the bed to sleep in and the kool aid to knock themselves.

While I agree with the majority of your post - of course you're entitled to judge Obama by whatever standards you want - I don't agree that this information was "withheld" during the 2008 campaign.

no I didn't say withheld :eusa_eh:and if I inferred that it was unintentional, what I meant to say then was, they laid down, I mean seriously with all of the resources at their disposal, what they threw at palin, et al.....?

they didn't look to hard because they didn't want to.

oh and did you read 'game change' btw? just wondering....

no I didn't say withheld :eusa_eh:and if I inferred that it was unintentional, what I meant to say then was, they laid down, I mean seriously with all of the resources at their disposal, what they threw at palin, et al.....?

Haven't read it yet, it's on my list. Heard some iffy things about it though - the whole Woodward-style "deep background" stuff is hard to verify.

The point that I was trying to make (it didn't come out right) is that while I don't necessarily agree that the media in general "laid down" in their research into Obama, it doesn't change the fact that everyone in the country heard the names Ayers, Wright, and Alinsky during the 2008 election.

Haven't read it yet, it's on my list. Heard some iffy things about it though - the whole Woodward-style "deep background" stuff is hard to verify.

The point that I was trying to make (it didn't come out right) is that while I don't necessarily agree that the media in general "laid down" in their research into Obama, it doesn't change the fact that everyone in the country heard the names Ayers, Wright, and Alinsky during the 2008 election.

Yep, that and Obama denying pretty every connection. How many Sermons did he sleep through again???

The only ones who might care about this - swing voting wise - are the Independents who blew it and voted for Owebama in 2008.

And they are already suffering severe buyers remorse.

Vote responsibly next time, peeps.

This time round people are voting for a flesh and blood man rather than the mirage of "Hope and Change" that the media gave us in 2008.

Most non uber politicals don't know what we know because they only got glowing reviews from the press that has constantly been in the tank for him.

This time we rock and make sure everybody gets to learn what we know about him.

:eusa_angel:

With all due respect, not really. Most people aren't like us political animals and they still only get soundbites on the alphabet stations.

We're political addicts.:lol:

Guaranteed if you pulled a Hannity "man on the street" most people would only recognize Rev. Wright's because there was no option but for the then candidate Obama to hit the situation head on and distance himself.

I only found out about Frank Marshall Davis in the Telegraph UK. Ayers and the Weatherman I lived thru. That sent cold chills up my spine. And having been a lib in my youth I knew Alinsky.

But Joe six pack wasn't given the in depth prostrate exam on Obama that Palin endured. Axelrod really did control the message.

And McCain ran the worst campaign since Hubert Humphrey. Well Dole comes in a close second.

Last edited:
Yeah, what's the big deal? BFD if Obama was featured on a panel that discussed how much they love Saul Alinsky. Alinsky was a great man who dedicated his book to "Lucifer", blamed America for all of the worlds problems, and hated Capitalism. What's to be worried about? Those themes will resonate across the fruited plain, right?

I have a feeling there will be plenty more that will come out over the coming months.....:lol:

Saul Alinsky didn't "hate capitalism", nor did he "blame America for all the world's problems".

Yes he did. Communism is antithetical to Capitalism. He was a Commie pinko swine that hated America.

Yeah, what's the big deal? BFD if Obama was featured on a panel that discussed how much they love Saul Alinsky. Alinsky was a great man who dedicated his book to "Lucifer", blamed America for all of the worlds problems, and hated Capitalism. What's to be worried about? Those themes will resonate across the fruited plain, right?

I have a feeling there will be plenty more that will come out over the coming months.....:lol:

Saul Alinsky didn't "hate capitalism", nor did he "blame America for all the world's problems".

Yes he did. Communism is antithetical to Capitalism. He was a Commie pinko swine that hated America.

Saul Alinsky on whether or not he was a Communist:
I've never joined any organization—not even the ones I've organized myself. I prize my own independence too much. And philosophically, I could never accept any rigid dogma or ideology, whether it's Christianity or Marxism. One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right.' If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated. The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide

Saul Alinsky on America:
I love this goddamn country, and we're going to take it back.

Saul Alinsky was neither a Communist, nor an "America hater".

Alinsky freely admitted in a Playboy interview that he constantly worked with and knew Communists. Great interview.

PLAYBOY: What was your own relationship with the Communist Party?

ALINSKY: I knew plenty of Communists in those days, and I worked with them on a number of projects. Back in the Thirties, the Communists did a hell of a lot of good work; they were in the vanguard of the labor movement and they played an important role in aiding blacks and Okies and Southern sharecroppers. Anybody who tells you he was active in progressive causes in those days and never worked with the Reds is a goddamn liar. Their platform stood for all the right things, and unlike many liberals, they were willing to put their bodies on the line. Without the Communists, for example, I doubt the C.I.O. could have won all the battles it did.

I was also sympathetic to Russia in those days, not because I admired Stalin or the Soviet system but because it seemed to be the only country willing to stand up to Hitler. I was in charge of a big part of fund raising for the International Brigade and in that capacity I worked in close alliance with the Communist Party.

Saul Alinsky on McCarthyism and Woodlawn

Forum List

Back