Broken What's New page - keeps refreshing

woodwork201

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2021
I'm having problems with the What's New page using Chromium on Ubuntu.

The page continuously refreshes at 30 seconds. First I tried to change the page reload to 299 seconds but that didn't help. Next I clicked the icon to stop refreshes altogether and the icon changed but the behavior did not. The 30 second refresh is really annoying - don't know why it's there in the first place - and it would sure be nice to have the other options working when selected.

The page continuously refreshes at 30 seconds. First I tried to change the page reload to 299 seconds but that didn't help. Next I clicked the icon to stop refreshes altogether and the icon changed but the behavior did not. The 30 second refresh is really annoying - don't know why it's there in the first place - and it would sure be nice to have the other options working when selected.
Yep

Me to

Who uses Ubuntu? Get a real OS.

You mean like those OS's provided by NSA and Homeland Security partners like Apple, Google, and Microsoft?

Yea one with actual tech support and one that works. I tried Ubuntu about 10 years ago. It was cute, but nothing worked as it was supposed to. I spent half my life trying to get shit to work like it should have.

I uninstalled it and installed Windows 7, then 10 and haven't looked back. It's like owning a Yugo or a Honda, A Yugo you spend most of the time trying to fix it. A Honda you actually drive and get somewhere.

You mean like those OS's provided by NSA and Homeland Security partners like Apple, Google, and Microsoft?

Yea one with actual tech support and one that works. I tried Ubuntu about 10 years ago. It was cute, but nothing worked as it was supposed to. I spent half my life trying to get shit to work like it should have.

I uninstalled it and installed Windows 7, then 10 and haven't looked back. It's like owning a Yugo or a Honda, A Yugo you spend most of the time trying to fix it. A Honda you actually drive and get somewhere.
I'm not going to debate the benefits of any OS over another with you, though I am sorry to hear that you didn't have the skills to figure out Ubuntu. And have you ever called Microsoft for support? If so, how'd that work out for you?

Start a thread if you want to debate it but I will likely not read it. You're one OS religion and I'm a different OS religion. Yours, or your interpretation of yours, seems to be more leftist and intolerant of other OS religions. Have fun with yours. I'd just like the what's new page to work.

I'm not going to debate the benefits of any OS over another with you, though I am sorry to hear that you didn't have the skills to figure out Ubuntu. And have you ever called Microsoft for support? If so, how'd that work out for you?

Start a thread if you want to debate it but I will likely not read it. You're one OS religion and I'm a different OS religion. Yours, or your interpretation of yours, seems to be more leftist and intolerant of other OS religions. Have fun with yours. I'd just like the what's new page to work.

Then download an OS that works.

I was building computers before you knew the difference between a hard drive and a hard on. I forgot more about them then you will ever know. But I also like shit that works. Fighting Ubuntu just to say I use it was stupid.

I haven't NEEDED to call Microsoft for tech support. THEIR SHIT WORKS. The last Microsoft OS that actually gave me problems I couldn't easily fix was 3.1.

Ubuntu is crap. They never have drivers for your hardware, so shit never works right. You get a fancy ass gaming computer and you struggle to get any games to play on the damn thing. Yea if you jack off to computer problems, keep using Ubuntu. If you want to actually get shit done, Win10 is the way to go.

Last edited:

I was building computers before you knew the difference between a hard drive and a hard on. I forgot more about them then you will ever know. But I also like shit that works. Fighting Ubuntu just to say I use it was stupid.

I haven't NEEDED to call Microsoft for tech support. THEIR SHIT WORKS. The last Microsoft OS that actually gave me problems I couldn't easily fix was 3.1.

Ubuntu is crap. They never have drivers for your hardware, so shit never works right. You get a fancy ass gaming computer and you struggle to get any games to play on the damn thing. Yea if you jack off to computer problems, keep using Ubuntu. If you want to actually get shit done, Win10 is the way to go.

You're an idiot. I built my first S-100 computer in 1975 when the only product Microsoft had was Microsoft Basic. I made my living for many years, and a good living, in the Microsoft world. I have a wall full of certificates for my Microsoft certifications.

Still you can't answer why the What's New page doesn't work so, like I said, you're an intolerant, leftist, OS cultist, hater. Have fun.

I'm seeing a 60 second countdown that resets every 30 seconds. Seemingly not working quite as planned.. no matter one's OS.

Microsoft is the biggest load of crap. The Microsoft philosophy: "ship it and then fix it". Windows 95 was the last time Microsoft shipped a decent product.

I think it's supposed to do that, but not that frequently.

It isn't supposed to make the page jump at all, there is a big problem being unaddressed by the administrators, is it a software bug or more likely a server problem?

Same here. :( It's very disruptive and irritating. Like you say it would be nice to have other options, like 5 minutes or 6 minutes .....instead of 300 seconds.

Can the Administrators put it back with the option of refresh or not refresh at all?

Forum List

Back