"buddy, can you spare a dime?"

rampart

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2023
maybe he should have read the prospectus .....

1726925152714.png

maybe he should have read the prospectus .....

View attachment 1015671

Sounds like some guy trying to get Trump supporters to do the same and when the stock goes down, take them down and hurt Trumps voting chances.

You don't buy stocks on anything other than fundamentals if you have any risk aversion instincts. His company is like many companies, especially a young social media site, it is losing money.

Twitter was losing tonnes of cash too and they were a much larger site with broader reach. Patience and good long term management is the key in such investments. I've never been a junior stock investor myself. I prefer the safe, Warren Buffett manner of value investing.

I could tell you MANY stories of the .com bubble that burst between 1998 and 2002 or so. It would shock you. Many people lost their shirts.

Last edited:
That’s why I have no money in the stock market. I invest in meaningfulnitems like weapons, ammunition and other survival supplies.
I picked-up an 1889-made Colt Lightning rifle (medium frame) in .38-40 yesterday.....I put a couple hours' worth of work in it.

About like this one condition-wise:

R.eba987fc43041ff2a42807de976c0bef

If I sold it today I could easily make $600.00 on it......And with each passing year, even more.

I keep my 401K in international funds. Eventually both sides are going to combine through action or inaction to wreck the dollar.

As for individual stocks, I cashed out all my COVID era buys. I may piddle some in the future, but for now, I got 3 kiddies who need their Bachelor's of Woke Lesbian African-American Basket Weaving degrees to be paid for.

That’s why I have no money in the stock market. I invest in meaningfulnitems like weapons, ammunition and other survival supplies.
In other words, you have no savings and lots of Armegeddon toys to make you feel "prepared".

Your savings profile reads like a life insurance policy, someone has to die to win.

That is just sad.
Why? I have no intention on retiring. Ever. They’ll carry me outta my cubicle in a plastic bag. If forced to retire (at 75 - in 25 years - if I live that long) I have a guaranteed pension based on income, not investments. Assuming the world doesn’t end before then I’ll have plenty of survival supplies to use too.

on its best day, the stock market is a poker game in which you had best know exactly who is the sucker.
The sucker is the one with nothing in it.

For those who have been in it for a while, it is a cash cow that keeps on providing milk.

The OP is likely fake news, no one is that stupid.

In other words, you have no savings and lots of Armegeddon toys to make you feel "prepared".

Your savings profile reads like a life insurance policy, someone has to die to win.
I have a little bit in savings… gold, silver, etc… I only have a checking account to facilitate getting my paycheck and paying online bills.

If I were to die today, there would be enough to pay off our house and accounts/bills so my wife can liquidate it all and move on.

LOL.....A friend called his collection his wife's retirement plan.....He was correct too, Rock Island Auctions came with a box truck and van and toted all the gun related stuff away.

She cleared around 1.75 million over the course of several auctions......That's not even counting the half million she made on non-gun collectables sold at other local auctions.

Hey, as long as you can still live comfortably, enjoy yourself, and don't sacrifice the household doing it then why not?

I have a little bit in savings… gold, silver, etc… I only have a checking account to facilitate getting my paycheck and paying online bills.

If I were to die today, there would be enough to pay off our house and accounts/bills so my wife can liquidate it all and move on.
Gold and silver won't appreciate like the market but they will remain stable, I read about a guy who thought he was buying gold but the money was being pilfered. I would only buy it if I could take it to a safe deposit box somewhere.

Gold and silver won't appreciate like the market but they will remain stable, I read about a guy who thought he was buying gold but the money was being pilfered. I would only buy it if I could take it to a safe deposit box somewhere.
That’s what I do. I purchase physical gold and silver. Things I can have in my hand. It may not appreciate like stocks CAN but they will always have some value, unlike those paper stock certificates.

Hey, as long as you can still live comfortably, enjoy yourself, and don't sacrifice the household doing it then why not?
Nothing wrong with that, you can afford it, and it is likely funny money for you, but people need to know that they have emergency cash that does not require a gun auction. :laugh:

LOL.....A friend called his collection his wife's retirement plan.....He was correct too, Rock Island Auctions came with a box truck and van and toted all the gun related stuff away.

She cleared around 1.75 million over the course of several auctions......That's not even counting the half million she made on non-gun collectables sold at other local auctions.

My son in his mid 20's thinks like this...I don't get it. He'll buy a gun and I'm like "why'd you buy that" and he's like "cause it's an investment and it's cool".

Forum List

Back