"buddy, can you spare a dime?"

Not necessarily. Depends on the weapons. Ammunition stores are always good to maintain, and retain value.
Yep, I bought 12 cases (two 300 rd battle packs per case) of South African 7.62 NATO back in the early 2000s.

It is very good stuff and they were damn near giving it away.....Same with Romanian 8mm light ball and Polish 7.62X25. I bought several cases of those too.

During "the great ammo panic" I was getting $2.00 a round for the 7.62 and $1.50 a round for the 8mm.....I sold off about 25% of each.

LOL....The "panic" was so bad I was taking bricks of low-rent .22 LR, putting 25 rounds in a baggie, and selling it for $7.00 a bag at the flea market. :laughing0301:

Sounds like some guy trying to get Trump supporters to do the same and when the stock goes down, take them down and hurt Trumps voting chances.

You don't buy stocks on anything other than fundamentals if you have any risk aversion instincts. His company is like many companies, especially a young social media site, it is losing money.

Twitter was losing tonnes of cash too and they were a much larger site with broader reach. Patience and good long term management is the key in such investments. I've never been a junior stock investor myself. I prefer the safe, Warren Buffett manner of value investing.

I could tell you MANY stories of the .com bubble that burst between 1998 and 2002 or so. It would shock you. Many people lost their shirts.
Well twitter was never about twitter. It was about the data. Data for Elons AI.

Yep, I bought 12 cases (two 300 rd battle packs per case) of South African 7.62 NATO back in the early 2000s.

It is very good stuff and they were damn near giving it away.....Same with Romanian 8mm light ball and Polish 7.62X25. I bought several cases of those too.

During "the great ammo panic" I was getting $2.00 a round for the 7.62 and $1.50 a round for the 8mm.....I sold off about 25% of each.

LOL....The "panic" was so bad I was taking bricks of low-rent .22 LR, putting 25 rounds in a baggie, and selling it for $7.00 a bag at the flea market. :laughing0301:
You D'man, in my book, no doubt, and exactly who I had in mind when I wrote that. I have what I have, but am a piker by comparison. You have established network and methods. You always seem to know what you are buying, what is it worth, and have a plan to what to do with for keeping, trading or selling, if you choose to. This makes it a great hobby and any investment, a considered investment decision. Hats off, dude.:D

LOL, what would that be? Social Security? There is no such thing as a guaranteed pension. Ask Enron employees who got half of their guarantee if that. But I can understand what you are trying to say.
I have a Union pension based on the average of the best 5 of the last 10 years of work prior to retirement. Fully funded by the company.

Not that I expect to ever retire and collect it.

I have a Union pension based on the average of the best 5 of the last 10 years of work prior to retirement. Fully funded by the company.

Yeah, I had one of those as well. After it went bust, I became a client of the PBGC and my pension reduced by half. My advice is to establish a back up. Just saying. SS and pensions are not the same as "cash in hand."

Good Lord, Why not? What is the point? You should enjoy, while you can. I looked at retirement freedom as something I was owed for all my hard work, good planning and implementation, for the companies and organization I worked for and especially for myself.

Good Lord, Why not? What is the point? You should enjoy, while you can. I looked at retirement freedom as something I was owed for all my hard work, good planning and implementation, for the companies and organization I worked for and especially for myself.
It’s not in my personality. I need to have something to do. A regular schedule. Besides, I enjoy what I do and most of the people I do it with. Besides, as we’ve discussed, I don’t have the finances to ever retire.

It’s not in my personality. I need to have something to do. A regular schedule. Besides, I enjoy what I do and most of the people I do it with. Besides, as we’ve discussed, I don’t have the finances to ever retire.
I understand and have seen it before. I have a friend on the contractor desk at Lowes, been with that company since teens, and is a multimillionaire due to it, that has told me the same. I enjoyed what I did on the wholesale side, but prefer no bosses, or workers depending on me to be there, keeping things going. I can't say I don't miss interacting with some of my customers and even some long distance supplier contacts, but most are not there anymore for one reason or another anyway, as most were in similar age group.

I understand and have seen it before. I have a friend on the contractor desk at Lowes, been with that company since teens, and is a multimillionaire due to it, that has told me the same. I enjoyed what I did on the wholesale side, but prefer no bosses, or workers depending on me to be there, keeping things going. I can't say I don't miss interacting with some of my customers and even some long distance supplier contacts, but most are not there anymore for one reason or another anyway, as most were in similar age group.
I’m not the boss type. I’m the worker bee type. Give me a fast, the materials and information needed to do it and get out of my way.

That's why when I got promoted to the top classification in my department in June they had to split my workload between two people. My new position has far less stress and expectations so I’ve actually had to go out and look for more work to do.

I’m not the boss type. I’m the worker bee type. Give me a fast, the materials and information needed to do it and get out of my way.

That's why when I got promoted to the top classification in my department in June they had to split my workload between two people. My new position has far less stress and expectations so I’ve actually had to go out and look for more work to do.
I tended toward the workaholic type, also, but enough was enough. I went kayaking last week and considering a multiday, next week depending on the weather, and also discussing, just hitting the road to East Tennessee, traveling, hotelling and exploring up the blue ridge parkway with my wife, just because we can, with no commitments pending. Be sure and save some time for yourself, while you can.

LOL, I don't share your commitment. I've made enough donations to the government over my years. I want my SS back. That boondoggle cost three generations of my family and I am the only one that has ever collected it.
I’m not knocking anyone who takes it; but in my mind it’s blood money. It’s been corrupted and poisoned by the amount of time the government held it. I don’t want it back.

I tended toward the workaholic type, also, but enough was enough. I went kayaking last week and considering a multiday, next week depending on the weather, and also discussing, just hitting the road to East Tennessee, traveling, hotelling and exploring up the blue ridge parkway with my wife, just because we can, with no commitments pending. Be sure and save some time for yourself, while you can.
I support 5 other people beyond myself… my wife, her parents, her elder brother and her youngest sister. My income is literally 75% of the income for this entire household. What small amount of free cash we have goes away very quickly in this house. We haven’t had a vacation in 5 years.

We took a 35 day road trip end of April and all of May. Spent some time in 35 different states and two Canadian provinces. The Blue Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah, Mammoth Caves. We had a great time.

Forum List

Back