I have no $$$

but i sure have pigs......

1726951607858.jpeg

~S~

I have no $$$

but i sure have pigs......

View attachment 1015836

~S~
Those are some good looking pigs. I understand they make a return, a lot faster than cattle without requiring the large amount of restate for pasture, with the breeding cycle constantly replenishing at same or greater rate. I never care for it commercially, but it is said to be a money maker.

We took a 35 day road trip end of April and all of May. Spent some time in 35 different states and two Canadian provinces. The Blue Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah, Mammoth Caves. We had a great time.
We did something similar in August for our 40th Wedding Anniversary.
Just 16 days but 13 States and Ontario.

I doubt if Gawd gives a shit as long as she was not scamming the system.
Depends on which God you talk about.

She is 100% disabled with PTSD due to things that happened when she was an adolescent. She would love to work. She wanted to be a veterinarian, but the PTSD put an end to that dream.

Those are some good looking pigs. I understand they make a return, a lot faster than cattle without requiring the large amount of restate for pasture, with the breeding cycle constantly replenishing at same or greater rate. I never care for it commercially, but it is said to be a money maker.
It's one of my retirement delusions W6, yes we eat well (any pork recipes appreciated🐷) but unless one is a commercial entity that can bow to all the fed/state requirements , it's not a big $$$ maker

Which brings me to the old joke........how does one make a million farming?......start off with two million..... ;) ~S~

A rather intriguing view, may i ask how you can about this??? ~S~
My upbringing.

My father got a very small check (>$100) from the Government every month… a 10% disability from his service in Vietnam. He HATED that check. He said we didn’t need the money. He worked OT every week to make sure we had what we needed and a little bit more. He saw it as charity, something he didn’t believe in taking.

I took that ideal to heart… not taking charity. Never accepting anything i didn’t earn and definitely not anything from the Government.

My upbringing.

My father got a very small check (>$100) from the Government every month… a 10% disability from his service in Vietnam. He HATED that check. He said we didn’t need the money. He worked OT every week to make sure we had what we needed and a little bit more. He saw it as charity, something he didn’t believe in taking.

I took that ideal to heart… not taking charity. Never accepting anything i didn’t earn and definitely not anything from the Government.
thx Anathema , we could certainly trade notes ~S~

It's one of my retirement delusions W6, yes we eat well (any pork recipes appreciated🐷) but unless one is a commercial entity that can bow to all the fed/state requirements , it's not a big $$$ maker

Which brings me to the old joke........how does one make a million farming?......start off with two million..... ;) ~S~
I do love Pork, "The Other White Meat".
Did you sell any between April 20 and May 20 when lean hogs peaked for the year?
1726957327263.png

Why? I have no intention on retiring. Ever. They’ll carry me outta my cubicle in a plastic bag. If forced to retire (at 75 - in 25 years - if I live that long) I have a guaranteed pension based on income, not investments. Assuming the world doesn’t end before then I’ll have plenty of survival supplies to use too.
No reason for this my friend ^ in the past 75 years or so the S&P 500 has an average positive return of 10% per year. It’s a no-brainer to at least invest in that. It’s a safe option compared to individual equities.

There are plenty of stocks that have had a positive return on average each year in the past 30 years. Think of Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Exxon mobile there are so many of these. You simply have to look at a graph look at these stocks and it’s an upward trend in the past 30 or 50 years. Sure there’s some hic ups along the way, but it is a continuous upward trend.

No reason for this my friend ^ in the past 75 years or so the S&P 500 has an average positive return of 10% per year. It’s a no-brainer to at least invest in that. It’s a safe option compared to individual equities.

There are plenty of stocks that have had a positive return on average each year in the past 30 years. Think of Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Exxon mobile there are so many of these. You simply have to look at a graph look at these stocks and it’s an upward trend in the past 30 or 50 years. Sure there’s some hic ups along the way, but it is a continuous upward trend.
I don’t trust banks. I don’t trust financial people I don’t trust paper assets. Never have. I don’t gamble. Ever.

I would rather have things I can touch and hold in my hand. Guess I’m just not a trusting type. Never have been.

on its best day, the stock market is a poker game in which you had best know exactly who is the sucker.
/----/ Spoken like someone who doesn't understand poker or the stock market. At no time in poker are you guaranteed a return or a dividend from the pot.

Forum List

Back