Bush Declines Obama's Invitation to Ground Zero

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

Bush did not let bin Laden go. And he pretty much was not a big concern.

The only reason Obama "got" bin laden is that he happened to be in office when the CIA found out where he was hiding. Obama had nothing to do with it. Nothing.

If anything, Bush deserves the credit because of the intel we got by interrogating those Muslim animals at Guantanamo - a policy Obama explicitly denounced.

Bullshit.

I don't care who the CINC is. If you think Special Operations Units routinely fly into other nations (that have Air Forces) in helicopters to perform raids on compounds without the approval and involvement of the President, you have your head up your ass.

It's the whole command and control thing. Obama deserves credit for doing his part. It was a ballsy move to authorize this raid. We could have just bombed the damn thing. Obama made the call and deserves credit for his role in the matter.

Acting like this all happened on autopilot is comically stupid.

What's more, Obama didn't tell Pakistan that they were coming. If it had been Jr at the helm, he probably would have leaked it to Mubarik and OBL would have gotten away (yet again).

Kudos to Obama for keeping this close to his chest.

It's the CIA and the SEAL team that deserves credit.

In this case it is....

Are you doubting the integrity of those Navy SEALS when they say they got him?

"EKIA" was a lie?

Me?
I have been all over this board saying I am 100% sure he is dead.
And you know that becuse you have respionded to my posts saying it.
So there you go again......intentionally trying to characterize me as something I am not.

I find that tactic as childish.

Oh yeah...and by the way....please offer me a Navy Seal that was quoted as sayiung theat they shot him dead.

Please offer me proof of a Navy Sael that admitted to being there.

How dare you fucking question my allegience to those that serve us.....

Nothing personal Jarhead

But nothing pisses me off more than when someone questions the integrity of my country and the integrity of our brave military for no other reason than to grind a personal hatred for President Obama

My country says we got that Son of a Bitch....We GOT THAT SON OF A BITCH

You want to piss and moan about a trophy picture......You come up with a picture of Osama bin Laden holding up a headline claiming he is dead

Until you can do that....Shut the FUCK UP

Anyone who doubts he is dead are not using their heads and are more interested in political game playing.
He is dead...or he would have proven to us otherwise.
But doubting it is not doubting our military..it is doubting the word of our President.
And many claimed Bush lied...maybe even you...and many claim that Obama lies...like me.

So tell me...did you think Bush lied about the intel?

Obama has a gift for fucking up a wet-dream.

Other than sour grapes that he was at the helm when this happened, what did he do wrong exactly?

Starting with that fuck-stick Limbaugh, who ducked the draft, the hard right has been crying crocodile tears all week.

It's lame. Obama isn't fucking up the wet dream. You guys are. Now, mark my words, we'll be privy to a "deather" movement that, like the idiotic birthers, will be motivated by everything other than the facts.

In this case it is....

"EKIA" was a lie?

Me?
So there you go again......intentionally trying to characterize me as something I am not.

Oh yeah...and by the way....please offer me a Navy Seal that was quoted as sayiung theat they shot him dead.

Actually, the SEALs can't release any information or tell anyone what they did, as all their missions are classified SECRET or above.

They're not gonna turn on their code of honor and start bragging about it. A quiet ceremony in some secret room is all they're gonna get.

However...........that being said...........I personally believe that since those guys got him, and there's been a 25 million dollar bounty on him since 9/11, all the people that actually went on the mission and risked their asses should be able to divvy up that 25 mil equally among themselves.

Yep, that would be an excellent way to reward them.

BikerSailor, you know how it works...any seal team could have done that mission. I say, spread that money amongst every seal team member serving right now. That would be cool.

But I heard a rumor seal team 6 is the same team that took out the somali pirates? If so, they must be picked to do certain missions for a reason.

Eh, either way, GO SEALS!

In this case it is....

"EKIA" was a lie?

Me?

Nothing personal Jarhead

But nothing pisses me off more than when someone questions the integrity of my country and the integrity of our brave military for no other reason than to grind a personal hatred for President Obama

You want to piss and moan about a trophy picture......You come up with a picture of Osama bin Laden holding up a headline claiming he is dead

you shut the fuck up. We are not QUESTIONING the integrity of OUR COUNTRY. we are QUESTIONING the Integrity OF This ADMINISTRATION.

you all didn't have a problem with pictures from Abu-Ghraib and what it did to our service members, BECAUSE IT COULD HURT President Bush...how many time were those posted over and over..
you damn right I want to SEE PICTURES.

Last edited:
Bush did not let bin Laden go. And he pretty much was not a big concern.

The only reason Obama "got" bin laden is that he happened to be in office when the CIA found out where he was hiding. Obama had nothing to do with it. Nothing.

If anything, Bush deserves the credit because of the intel we got by interrogating those Muslim animals at Guantanamo - a policy Obama explicitly denounced.

Bullshit.

I don't care who the CINC is. If you think Special Operations Units routinely fly into other nations (that have Air Forces) in helicopters to perform raids on compounds without the approval and involvement of the President, you have your head up your ass.

It's the whole command and control thing. Obama deserves credit for doing his part. It was a ballsy move to authorize this raid. We could have just bombed the damn thing. Obama made the call and deserves credit for his role in the matter.

Acting like this all happened on autopilot is comically stupid.

What's more, Obama didn't tell Pakistan that they were coming. If it had been Jr at the helm, he probably would have leaked it to Mubarik and OBL would have gotten away (yet again).

Wow....you are criticizing a President who you claim would have respected the sovereignty of a nation...and heralding a President who did not.

Me? I really dont know how Bush would have handled it....but I would have respected his decision from both standpoints...

I DO know how Obama handled it...and I respect him for it...and I would have respected him if he first approached Pakistanm and let them know.

I find it amazing how morons like you have the ability to make "balck and white" decisions when they are not really decisions that you have to make.

Idiot.

Me?

Nothing personal Jarhead

Anyone who doubts he is dead are not using their heads and are more interested in political game playing.
But doubting it is not doubting our military..it is doubting the word of our President.
And many claimed Bush lied...maybe even you...and many claim that Obama lies...like me.

Actually, yeah......we based everything on an operative named Curveball who lied.

What's more, the previous admin held that person up regularly, telling the rest of the country that there were WMD's in Iraq, based on this dude, who later admitted he lied.

The defector who convinced the White House that Iraq had a secret biological weapons programme has admitted for the first time that he lied about his story, then watched in shock as it was used to justify the war.

Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, codenamed Curveball by German and American intelligence officials who dealt with his claims, has told the Guardian that he fabricated tales of mobile bioweapons trucks and clandestine factories in an attempt to bring down the Saddam Hussein regime, from which he had fled in 1995.

"Maybe I was right, maybe I was not right," he said. "They gave me this chance. I had the chance to fabricate something to topple the regime. I and my sons are proud of that and we are proud that we were the reason to give Iraq the margin of democracy."

The admission comes just after the eighth anniversary of Colin Powell's speech to the United Nations in which the then-US secretary of state relied heavily on lies that Janabi had told the German secret service, the BND. It also follows the release of former defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld's memoirs, in which he admitted Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction programme.

Defector admits to WMD lies that triggered Iraq war | World news | The Guardian

Me?

Nothing personal Jarhead

Yes. Bush and Rumsfeld lied and sent us to iraq for no reason. End result, 4 thousand American service members died for no reason. That is disgusting in my opinion.

Last edited:
Me?

Actually, the SEALs can't release any information or tell anyone what they did, as all their missions are classified SECRET or above.

They're not gonna turn on their code of honor and start bragging about it. A quiet ceremony in some secret room is all they're gonna get.

However...........that being said...........I personally believe that since those guys got him, and there's been a 25 million dollar bounty on him since 9/11, all the people that actually went on the mission and risked their asses should be able to divvy up that 25 mil equally among themselves.

uh...that was my point.

They are bound to a code and a Navy Seal would never breach that code.

But RW is using a tactic of "guilt" by saying that you are doubting the word of a Navy Seal if you doubt he is dead.

I believe he is dead as if he werent he would have let the world know by now. I dont believe Obama would lie about it as he could easily be proiven to have lied...by Bin Laden himself.

But by his word itself? I would never believe a word Obama says as he has already lied to the American People numerous times....and I am not referring to campaign proimises....I am referring to outright lies.

Oh yes....I know all about those lies

He LIED about his Birth Certificate
He LIED about being a Muslim
He LIED about loving this country
Oh Yes "YOU LIE" during the State of the Union Address

We know all about Obama's lies

Me?

BikerSailor, you know how it works...any seal team could have done that mission. I say, spread that money amongst every seal team member serving right now. That would be cool.

But I heard a rumor seal team 6 is the same team that took out the somali pirates? If so, they must be picked to do certain missions for a reason.

Yes...there is a reason they were picked.
There are certain qualities a Seal needs to be considered for the program...above and beyond basic strength stamina and makrsmanship....Psychological characteristics....reasoning ability....mathematical aptitude....logic.....and so on...
THe Seals...like the Rangers...are then catagorized based on different levels...in other words...there are the elite of the elite....and the lower of the elite...

Seal team 6 is the elite of the elite. For all intents and purposes...there is nothing that can arise during a mission that would not allow them to apply 100% of all of their characterisitics that are toi be employed to ensure success.

For example.....a hard chopper landing...yet a successful mission.....they never strayed...never lost control...never allowed deviuaiton from the plan to interfere with success.

uh...that was my point.

But RW is using a tactic of "guilt" by saying that you are doubting the word of a Navy Seal if you doubt he is dead.

I believe he is dead as if he werent he would have let the world know by now. I dont believe Obama would lie about it as he could easily be proiven to have lied...by Bin Laden himself.

But by his word itself? I would never believe a word Obama says as he has already lied to the American People numerous times....and I am not referring to campaign proimises....I am referring to outright lies.

there you go again.
I never siad he lied about any of those things....ever.

Why do you continually try to mischaracterize me?

Nothing personal Jarhead

Yes. Bush and Rumsfeld lied and sent us to iraq for no reason. End result, 4 thousand American service members died for no reason. That is disgusting in my opinion.

So then I guess RW sees you as unpatriotic and you disgust him.

Me?

I just find you disgusting based on your childish approach to debates....

But that just me.

It's the CIA and the SEAL team that deserves credit.

Again.....

Everyone deserves credit for their role in this matter. I wouldn't expect the POTUS to be the #1 man in the stack in the compound. I would be scared if the CIA and SEALs carried this out without the POTUS' approval.

Like I said, attempts to act like this all happened on autopilot are comically stupid.

Me?

Nothing personal Jarhead

you shut the fuck up. We are not QUESTIONING the integrity of OUR COUNTRY. we are QUESTIONING the Integrity OF This ADMINISTRATION.

you all didn't have a problem with pictures from Abu-Ghraib and what it did to our service members, BECAUSE IT COULD HURT President Bush...how many time were those posted over and over..
you damn right I want to SEE PICTURES.
Did you have a problem with the Abu Ghraib photos?

Doubting the integrity of a man who has been caught in lies numerous times is not doubting the integrity of the United States.

Doubting the integrity of an administrastion is not doubting the integrity of the United States.

In this case it is....

"EKIA" was a lie?

Me?

Jarhead, you are a marine correct? If so, then you know damn well no seal is going to go to fox and have an exclusive interview with Hannity and say he is the one who killed bin laden.
NO seal team member or members will ever say anything outside their circle and you know this. They will privately celebrate this and continue on with the next mission.

Don't embarrass yourself.

Well, I mean, considering that OBL was living in between the Pakistani equivalent of West Point and their mountain warfare school, why wouldn't we trust Pakistan?

Those ISI guys are good people!

uh...that was my point.

I believe he is dead as if he werent he would have let the world know by now. I dont believe Obama wld li about it as he could easily be proiven to have lied...by Bin Laden himself.

Don't forget he lied about not wanting to take over GM.
He lied about what we would be doing in Libya.

Me?

Actually, I do. I was stationed in a couple of places where I ran into them on a regular basis, and some were my friends. Steve had a little beeper that he carried aroud with him, and no matter when it went off, he had about 30 min to be at work.

As far as SEAL TEAM 6 getting all the high profile assignments? Well.......that's easy......

After a SEAL leaves training, they are stationed at one of the commands that gently brings them along in tactics and work. After they've proven themselves worthy on the battlefield, they keep training and eventually (if they're really good) they make it to Team 6.

Think of Team 6 this way..........an assignment to Team 6 is like a fighter pilot being assigned to Top Gun in Fallon.

Forum List

Back