Bush Declines Obama's Invitation to Ground Zero

They look like the past to me and not a particularly happy memory. Once we get beyond Bush wars, America can make some headway.

Now if we can just get past the Obama wars, health care, massive unemployment, rising gas prices, a terrible housing market, and so-on.

And if all of that belongs to Obama so it goes all the credit for the US finally getting Bin Laden goes to him as well. You don't get to pick and choose what the president is responsible for.

Nutbar..

I think they're both responsible for both.

Maybe we could ask Obama to stop taking credit for one and no blame for the other.

Last edited:
I would wager that my leadership experience is the equal of anyone's on this board, and certainly I can tell you that giving the order =/= pulling the trigger. PERIOD. Claiming it is is dishonest.

Oh, and Bin Laden is still to blame for 911 even if he is dead.

My question is why do you insist on wording it the way you do instead of correctly saying that Obama gave the order to kill Bin Laden, which he certainly did? There is no reason to go out of your way to say he killed Bin Laden rather than saying he had him killed ? There is only one explanation.......

The person who gives the order bears the responsibility

Harry Truman didn't design the atomic bomb, he didn't pilot the Enola Gay, but he was the one who bore the responsibility for bombing Hiroshima

Yes, but the person who is actually a leader doesn't stand on top of the dead bodies crowing about HIS accomplishments. Please stop acting like Obama is the definition of a great leader. He's an opportunistic politician and you are being VERY partisan on this subject.

Simple analogy. Harry S Truman was nowhere near the US Missouri when Japan officially capitulated to the United States to celebrate that great victory. There is noway Obama would have missed that oppurtunity, and to be fair neither would Bush have missed it. Which proves MY point. They are BOTH publicity whores and you appear completely dishonest when you attempt to claim Obama did something he didn't do.

I doubt if either Bush or Obama would have been there. No President has ever presided over a Military Surrender

I would wager that my leadership experience is the equal of anyone's on this board, and certainly I can tell you that giving the order =/= pulling the trigger. PERIOD. Claiming it is is dishonest.

Oh, and Bin Laden is still to blame for 911 even if he is dead.

My question is why do you insist on wording it the way you do instead of correctly saying that Obama gave the order to kill Bin Laden, which he certainly did? There is no reason to go out of your way to say he killed Bin Laden rather than saying he had him killed ? There is only one explanation.......

Harry Truman didn't design the atomic bomb, he didn't pilot the Enola Gay, but he was the one who bore the responsibility for bombing Hiroshima

RW, some of us here have led men in combat, and speaking for myself at least, it was always my understanding that while a leader is responsible for the orders he gives, and the results of same, when successful, he makes certain that the primary credit for that success goes to the men who actually carried out that order and took the objective, while all he has really done, is exert the modicum of leadership expected of a commander at any level. My men, not me, took the objective; all I did, was show them the way. Without them, no order I gave would have ever been successful. That's leadership 101.

President Obama has heaped praise on the Navy SEAL team that took out Bin Laden and will continue to do so.

As an officer, your success in meeting your objectives will be considered as you apply for promotion. This success will also go on Obama's record as he runs for a second term

RW, some of us here have led men in combat, and speaking for myself at least, it was always my understanding that while a leader is responsible for the orders he gives, and the results of same, when successful, he makes certain that the primary credit for that success goes to the men who actually carried out that order and took the objective, while all he has really done, is exert the modicum of leadership expected of a commander at any level. My men, not me, took the objective; all I did, was show them the way. Without them, no order I gave would have ever been successful. That's leadership 101.

President Obama has heaped praise on the Navy SEAL team that took out Bin Laden and will continue to do so.

As an officer, your success in meeting your objectives will be considered as you apply for promotion. This success will also go on Obama's record as he runs for a second term

this will be the next lie to be changed: the seals didn't shoot the people in the house a helicopter launched a missile into the house around 1:00 am.

OL'BO deserves credit for calling that strike but we mustn't forget that he is a politician.

Hence his trip to ground zero. He is campaigning after all.

The bump from OBL is only gonna last till folks fill up their cars with gas and go buy food. OBL will be a dim memory come 2012. It will be all about the economy and jobs not who called the strike on OBL.

Like any other politician he's making what hay he can while the sun is shinning. Any other politician would be doing the same thing.

Last edited:
OL'BO deserves credit for calling that strike but we mustn't forget that he is a politician.

Hence his trip to ground zero. He is campaigning after all.

The bump from OBL is only gonna last till folks fill up their cars with gas and go buy food. OBL will be a dim memory come 2012. It will be all about the economy and jobs not who called the strike on OBL.

Like any other politician he's making what hay he can while the sun is shinning. Any other politician would be doing the same thing.

Obama is all of the sudden coming here to Ft Campbell, for the first time of his presidency.

He's in the middle of his victory lap tour......but he's not spiking the football. Oh no. He'd never do that.

Was the Bush appearance at Ground Zero on Sept 14 2001 a political event?

No, but the stupid Mission Accomplished speech from aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln certainly was.

Maybe...but regard that that carrier had completed it's mission for the time and was on it's way home.
c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

this will be the next lie to be changed: the seals didn't shoot the people in the house a helicopter launched a missile into the house around 1:00 am.

Thats a lie...

It was a death ray from outer space and the house fell at freefall speeds

I don't blame Bush for not going.... it's nothing more than an "Vote Obama '12' event. Good for Bush for not being part of this disgrace.

I'm watching it right now. Nothing disgraceful about it.

The only thing I didnt like about it was that he hand picked the families of the victims.
Not all were invited.

Obama likes a hand-picked audience.

No songs about Pvt Manning, no "YOU LIE!!!"

And nobody throwing shoes at him.

Last edited:
I'm watching it right now. Nothing disgraceful about it.

The only thing I didnt like about it was that he hand picked the families of the victims.
Not all were invited.

All politicians do.

But in this case, it is not for a speech or a ralley.....it is to offer comfort and resolve to the families of the victims..........

Why were some familes excluded? Do they not warrant the same?

This is what President Bush is doing and the people he's hanging out with, now that he has the free time......

Armstrong, Bush ride with wounded veterans - Air Force News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Air Force Times

Armstrong, Bush ride with wounded veterans
By Juan Carlos Llorca - The Associated Press
Posted : Wednesday Apr 27, 2011 10:06:32 EDT
TERLINGUA, Texas — Kenneth Butler touched the metal end of his prosthetic arm instinctively as he recalled the horrors he witnessed in Iraq.

Four years after losing his limb when his vehicle was hit by a bomb in Baghdad, the retired Army staff sergeant got his first chance this week to meet former President George W. Bush during a three-day bike ride in West Texas attended by more than a dozen other wounded veterans and cycling legend Lance Armstrong.

Bush rode in the event for a chance to meet with veterans and thank them for their sacrifice. But for Butler, he holds no ill-will toward the man who sent thousands of Americans to war in 2003.

“I feel his compassion,” the retired parachute infantry squad leader said Wednesday, with a note of melancholy. “It feels like he really cares about us.”

Bush and 15 wounded veterans were joined Wednesday in the last leg of a 62.5-mile ride through the rugged desert trails of Big Bend National Park by Armstrong, the seven-time Tour de France champion.

Although Bush acknowledges struggling to keep up during the trek, he said he relished the opportunity.

“As a commander in chief, it was my decision to put them in harm’s way in the first place,” he said. “I feel a special bond toward them and I want them to know I’ll never forget them.”

This is another way he and Laura spend a morning near their home.......

YouTube - President George W Bush Greeting Troops at DFW

This is what someone with class looks like.

They look like the past to me and not a particularly happy memory. Once we get beyond Bush wars, America can make some headway.
Not as long as Obama continues to take it straight down the proverbial toilet.

Not all were invited.

All politicians do.

But in this case, it is not for a speech or a ralley.....it is to offer comfort and resolve to the families of the victims..........

Apparently not.

I just remember the days of some snot-nosed kid telling a uniformed Colonel he wasn't welcome in the White House.

I also remember the days when our guys were prosecuted for fattening a prisoners' lip.

And now my bretheren in uniform are cool all of the sudden because of the thankless job they've done over the years since 9/11....just because they delivered a victory for Obama.

Last edited:
Now if we can just get past the Obama wars, health care, massive unemployment, rising gas prices, a terrible housing market, and so-on.

And if all of that belongs to Obama so it goes all the credit for the US finally getting Bin Laden goes to him as well. You don't get to pick and choose what the president is responsible for.

Nutbar..

LOL, as you see, MOST of the people don't care the Obama got himself a trophy terrorist. So much do the people not care, the Obama had to set up some sideshow at ground zero.
They are more worried about what the Obama is doing to them HERE AT HOME.

A "trophy terrorist"?

The "trophy terrorist".

All politicians do.

Apparently not.

I just remember days of some snot-nosed kid telling a uniformed Colonel he wasn't welcome in the White House.

I also remember the days when our guys were prosecuted for fatting a prisoners' lip.

And now my bretheren in uniform are cool all of the sudden because of the thankless job they've done over the years since 9/11.

And let me guess: Hillary Clinton was throwing cups of coffee at Marines in the background?

All politicians do.

Apparently not.

I just remember days of some snot-nosed kid telling a uniformed Colonel he wasn't welcome in the White House.

I also remember the days when our guys were prosecuted for fatting a prisoners' lip.

And now my bretheren in uniform are cool all of the sudden because of the thankless job they've done over the years since 9/11.

And let me guess: Hillary Clinton was throwing cups of coffee at Marines in the background?
No, she's too busy throwing cups of coffee at William Jethro. And will be until the day he fuckin' dies!

:razz:

Has anyone wondered why Obama kills and not captures these guys. Supposedly he was unarmed. Why couldn't he capture him is the first question that comes to mind? Is it because Obama didn't have control of the situation, or was it because Obama wanted him dead?

Somebody please explain why today is reported to be the first time Obama has visited Ground Zero, and this isn't spiking the football.:eusa_whistle:

?

Was the President on the radio giving you orders when you were in SF?

Forum List

Back