Caddo Lake (2024)

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
HBO Max currently
It is very much a M. Night Shyamalan movie.
Overall - a pretty good movie. It keeps up your interest as the story is slowly revealed. Well acted, the script is pretty good. It is worth watching. But, probably not if you have to pay to see it. If you have HBO - by all means. If not, I would wait till it is available elsewhere.
But again, overall, in an era of few choices, mostly bad - it is far better than many of those.
Kind of sad to say that.

I liked it. Good acting with a nice version of a common movie trope. My wife had trouble following it but she multi-tasks during movies so that's not unusual.

I disagree with your assessment of it being a bad movie era. There are just so many movies now that there is a lot more mediocrity but the best movies are still really good. Most of you dont see them at the movies anymore either and expect it to be great on your TV at home. Meh.

M. Night Shyamalan movies are weird.....His movies are either great or really suck ass, there is little inbetween.....Will watch tonight.

As an aside.....I bet I watched Signs a couple times till I realized that M. Night Shyamalan played the vet who locked the alien in the pantry.

I liked it. Good acting with a nice version of a common movie trope. My wife had trouble following it but she multi-tasks during movies so that's not unusual.

I disagree with your assessment of it being a bad movie era. There are just so many movies now that there is a lot more mediocrity but the best movies are still really good. Most of you dont see them at the movies anymore either and expect it to be great on your TV at home. Meh.
As usual - you are talking out of your ass.
Hollywood is making right at half the number of movies they use to.
I never said there are no good movies being made.
I said there are fewer choices - there are half as many as before.
I said most are bad - and I know no one who disagrees but you.

I watched Caddo Lake. I was not really impressed, but I didn't turn it off within 10 minutes like I had to do for Brothers (Brolin and Dinkage). Dumb.

I watched Caddo Lake. I was not really impressed, but I didn't turn it off within 10 minutes like I had to do for Brothers (Brolin and Dinkage). Dumb.
I have zero interest in Brothers.
1) That story has been told 10,000 times.
2) Hollywood for the past several years loves to make cheap, shitty produced movies with a big name actor to draw in ticket buyers.
But the problem for Hollywood - is everyone knows they are doing this. So ticket sales are in the basement.

I have zero interest in Brothers.
1) That story has been told 10,000 times.
2) Hollywood for the past several years loves to make cheap, shitty produced movies with a big name actor to draw in ticket buyers.
But the problem for Hollywood - is everyone knows they are doing this. So ticket sales are in the basement.
Plus, it didn't help with Diddy being arrested and all the sordid shit they have finally been busted on. Smoke=fire. People are fed up with "celebs" opinions/actions/snobbery.
However, I do want to see Gladiator II and the new Alien.

Another prob Hollyweird has is they have no imagination. None. So they "remake" movies nobody really wants to see. Not counting the "diversity" shoved in our faces of gays swapping spit or butt fucking each other on screen; different race playing a major part (I wonder how it would go over with a white guy or an asian guy playing Shaft); bad writing, bad acting, bad plots. I could go on and on but I am mostly enjoying watching them scramble to save themselves and I am eager for names to be named in pedowood. Unless Diddy gets Epsteined first.

Plus, it didn't help with Diddy being arrested and all the sordid shit they have finally been busted on. Smoke=fire. People are fed up with "celebs" opinions/actions/snobbery.
However, I do want to see Gladiator II and the new Alien.

Another prob Hollyweird has is they have no imagination. None. So they "remake" movies nobody really wants to see. Not counting the "diversity" shoved in our faces of gays swapping spit or butt fucking each other on screen; different race playing a major part (I wonder how it would go over with a white guy or an asian guy playing Shaft); bad writing, bad acting, bad plots. I could go on and on but I am mostly enjoying watching them scramble to save themselves and I am eager for names to be named in pedowood. Unless Diddy gets Epsteined first.
I hope Gladiator II lives up to the hype. We'll see.

Forum List

Back