California Governor Gavin Newsom wins recall election in a landslide!

We’ve known for a couple of weeks now that Newsom was going to win. The polls shifted heavily in his favor once it seemed certain Elder would be his replacement

We also knew that Biden winning was highly probable in 2020 election, and just like in that election it won't stop the losing Republican campaigns and their crazy base from spreading grotesque "stolen!!!" lies

I don't particularly like Larry Elder either, but that has no bearing on just how bad Newsom is. And that... is really bad.
Elder's main problem is he has pissed off too many people, even though he may have been right.
He once said "women exaggerate sexism everyday"... he is right... but FFS you can't say that and expect to win a statewide election.

Most Californian's who voted approve of him. I certainly don't think he's the worst governor (nods to Florida) and Elder would have been horrendous for California's fight against COVID and climate change.

A lot to celebrate whether you think Newsome is the shit or just better than the guy he beat.

It has nothing to do with skin color.

It has to do with intelligent people not wanting a governor who doesn't think women should vote. Who thinks that an employer should be able to ask a woman if she plans to become pregnant. Who doesn't believe in wearing masks, social distancing and vaccinations.

The people of California didn't want to turn their state into another Texas or Florida.

elder could have been green with purple polka dots for all the people of California cares.

What they care about is what that man stood for and wanted to do to their state.

The people of California have the right to not allow their state to be turned into the hell holes that Texas, Florida and so many red states have become.

The Newsom campaign and Dems did something really smart - Make it about Trump. There is no question that Elder is a Mini Me of the Rumpster Dumpster. :cool-45:

3288.jpg

Most Californian's who voted approve of him. I certainly don't think he's the worst governor (nods to Florida) and Elder would have been horrendous for California's fight against COVID and climate change.

A lot to celebrate whether you think Newsome is the shit or just better than the guy he beat.
We are going down a very bad rode when the reason we vote for someone is to avoid the other candidate.
People voted for Biden to avoid another 4 years of Trump, people voted for Trump to avoid a hated Hillary Clinton.
And how is Biden working out?
Yeah... we have got to get away from this "anti-voting" it is not exactly working out.

To some it can't be fraud if anyone claims it was fraud.

Or.....you just lost. Remember, Trump claims ANY election since 2016 is rigged.

He made the same claims in the Iowa Republican Caucus, insisting that the results were fraud and invalid.

He made the same claims in 2016, insisting that there were millions upon millions of fraudulent votes. No evidence for this was ever presented.

He made the same claims in 2020.

He made the same claims in 2021 for the California Recall.

I don't blame Trump....he's a malignant delusional narcissist who is so spoiled that he can't accept that he could lose at anything. But why conservatives bought into this simpleton dipshittery to embrace their new identity as the "Sore Loser" Party.....that I don't get.

You guys should know better.

We are going down a very bad rode when the reason we vote for someone is to avoid the other candidate.
People voted for Biden to avoid another 4 years of Trump, people voted for Trump to avoid a hated Hillary Clinton.
And how is Biden working out?
Yeah... we have got to get away from this "anti-voting" it is not exactly working out.
Again, Newsome had about a 55% approval rating.

How is Biden working out? Better than Trump, if I had to vote again I wouldn't change a thing.

When did this 'anti-voting' thing start anyway?

It doesn't really matter I found the most recent report that I could for California.

For the last fucking time. I was responding to another poster (not you, genius) who claimed California was losing jobs. I demonstrated it wasn't and you came in with your inept game of semantics. Fuck off already.

You gave the wrong month and the numbers didn't add up and instead of using last months numbers you used July numbers, not whether California was gaining or losing jobs, genius!

You gave the wrong month and the numbers didn't add up and instead of using last months numbers you used July numbers, not whether California was gaining or losing jobs, genius!

I used the last available report I could find. It showed California doing the opposite of losing jobs and you want to play semantics. I proved my point with the poster I was replying to. I have no idea what your point is except you trying to derail that and failing.

Having a recall election still doesn't bode well for his political future...

He's going to get replaced... especially as more businesses leave the state.
Newsom won the 2018 election with 62 percent of the vote.

He won this recall vote with 64 percent.

He's more popular than ever.

Again, Newsome had about a 55% approval rating.

How is Biden working out? Better than Trump, if I had to vote again I wouldn't change a thing.

When did this 'anti-voting' thing start anyway?
I would say when the Dems threw Sanders under the bus and went with Hillary.
I think Sanders might have beaten Trump. People laughed when I said that when the DNC ramrodded Hillary in. Few years later all kinds of serious political folks started thinking it.
Where this has got us is we now basically have Barney Fife running the country. Or.. standing in the shoes of who is supposed to be.
And if you aren't embarrassed by Biden... then that is just how partisan-hardened you have become.

Steal steal and steal elections some more......demonRats....and more and steal some more yet

Sad.

If you steal a Presidential election.....like the Rats did..... to steal this is a cinch.

Easy peasy.

A win is not a win.

The Presidential election was stolen from Trump
Stop responding to my comments with your psycho Leftist LIES .....

...so the Cretin Biden did not win and the world knows that!

This one I am waiting to see what happened.

I don't agree,

The 2020Election was stolen from Trump and Americans.

Lots of fire there.
This ^^^^^^^ just warms my heart.
It brings me much pleasure to hear you whine like a lil' B.

Well then California needs to have a constitutional amendment to stop the mob rule...

They always have one of the longest ballots with the largest number of initiatives... because it's relatively easy to get them on the ballot OR to recall the Governor.

The result is mob rule...
Not even. Mob rule would be 50% + 1.

The current recall system in California allows someone who won way less than 50% and way less than the governor to become governor. That's contrary to democratic principles. The guy winning should never have only a fraction of the votes of the guy who lost.

I used the last available report I could find. It showed California doing the opposite of losing jobs and you want to play semantics. I proved my point with the poster I was replying to. I have no idea what your point is except you trying to derail that and failing.
You derailed, because the numbers you gave did not add up. When that happens I get skeptical. I just don't trust everything I read. Big drop in numbers from July to August, but I think we may rebound this month.

When a wingnut poster types "do your research" it usually either means "I can't back up my point" or "I have these really crazy sources where they are probably off their meds with the shit they write however I really, really want to believe them but am embarrassed to provide those sources to you"
Yeah, that’s what it is.

It has nothing to do with skin color.

It has to do with intelligent people not wanting a governor who doesn't think women should vote. Who thinks that an employer should be able to ask a woman if she plans to become pregnant. Who doesn't believe in wearing masks, social distancing and vaccinations.

The people of California didn't want to turn their state into another Texas or Florida.

elder could have been green with purple polka dots for all the people of California cares.

What they care about is what that man stood for and wanted to do to their state.

The people of California have the right to not allow their state to be turned into the hell holes that Texas, Florida and so many red states have become.

Let us know when you need a shit map to navigate through Dallas or Jacksonville.

That's true.

All of them were bat crap crazy.

If that's the best they have, they will keep losing elections.
Yeah, lower taxes, at least an attempt at less spending and a great economy is bat crap crazy.
Allowing stores to be robbed, shitting on the streets and Pussy hats is what made this country great!

Forum List

Back