Canada the only G7 country to take vaccines from fund that helps developing countries

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I have foreseen these failures long before they occurred. Not specific to the vaccine, which we have now been denied by America and Europe, but in the general decline of our reputation on human rights, Western Values and economic strength.

Over a decade ago I started my own personal campaign to reach out to key nations, their leaders, business champions and even foreign police agencies to advise them, "Canada operates in a manner not as we seem". No nation should be persecuting citizens and doing as they please behind the scenes in a creepy, covert manner. Every agency that has engaged in such abuses has blood on their hands, as our economy is a toy economy.

TPS, OPP and the RCMP in Ontario have decimated our province, and in turn they have decimated Canada. I've stated this publicly on this forum and elsewhere and many of my predictions about this lost reputation and the inevitable costs, have come true. It's not hyperbole, it's very real.

Not only have we become desperate to take from a fund meant for developing nations, but now even Moderna (https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-19-vaccine-deliveries-1.5900853) is telling Canada "we don't know when we will provide vaccines for you". I've stated for a long time, I don't take pleasure in this demise (though I care little for those who personally harmed me), I simply stated the facts and watch the wheel of national insignificance go round and round. A call of "I told you so". I hear less and less bravado being spoken by politicians here, certainly in Ontario we've gone from a loud bark of feigned significance, to a squeak of the harsh reality of our plight.

America should be warned, along with your most important agencies, "follow Canadas footsteps at your own peril". Nobody should treat their citizens as they treat ours. I've experienced it first hand. The proof is in the pudding now as other nations understand our shtick.

We will continue to lose our best talent, no matter how much we try to punish people for visiting the U.S or even the home they own in the U.S (they must now quarantine in a hotel for two weeks if they come back to Canada at their expense), we will continue to be ignored.

Ironic. Considering how my own nations top police forces and their patsy political defenders ignored me...

Canada is the only Group of Seven country to draw on a supply of COVID-19 vaccines meant primarily for developing countries, leading to fresh charges of hoarding against a country that is already a world leader in vaccine purchases per capita.

The COVAX program pools funds from wealthier countries to help buy vaccines for themselves and for 92 low- and middle-income countries that can’t afford to buy on their own.

The vast majority of countries receiving the first vaccine shipments from COVAX are low- and middle-income countries, according to information released Wednesday by Gavi, the vaccine alliance that is co-ordinating the program.

But Canada is among just a few rich countries exercising its options now to buy vaccines from the international group.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back