Challenger Kamala Harris Agrees To Debate Incumbent Kamala Harris

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Challenger Kamala Harris Agrees To Debate Incumbent Kamala Harris
Politics·Aug 30, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.

1725371752781.png

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a move geared toward clarifying her positions on important issues, a Kamala Harris campaign spokesperson announced that challenger Kamala Harris had agreed to debate incumbent Kamala Harris.

The debate was agreed upon by both Kamala Harrises after an intense period of negotiation, during which challenger Kamala Harris initially demanded unmuted microphones, a request that incumbent Kamala Harris adamantly refused to grant.

"This is a debate between two debaters," challenger Kamala Harris said in a statement after the debate was announced. "One debater will debate the other, and both of them will debate. In a debate, things will be said. Questions will be asked. Questions will be answered in the context of questions being asked. And those answers to the questions will be answered by the people debating. I look forward to clarifying the changes in my positions and values, which have not changed."

When reached for comment, incumbent Kamala Harris expressed confidence that she would have a strong showing. "I know my opponent well," she said. "We have discussed these issues many times, from both sides. While I am proud of my accomplishments as the incumbent, my challenger has flip-flopped on multiple topics. I look forward to finding out where I stand on these issues now as a challenger and finding out how they have evolved from the positions I currently hold as the incumbent. Even though my values have not changed, I welcome the chance to hear how my values have changed."

At publishing time, incumbent Kamala Harris had raised concerns that challenger Kamala Harris may receive the debate questions beforehand.

Forum List

Back