Chess Game Challenge.

Oh, forgot to give my last move before supper. LOL!

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

After my eleventh move: B-K5. Are we on the same page? Will check from time to time.

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

I think your 11th move released the pressure too soon.
Don't think you have enough compensation for your 2 pieces with Queens off the board.
Maybe not, but I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. LOL! You seem to know the ins-and-outs of the gambit. I'm trying to think it out on the board, and I'm a little intimidated.

12 RxQ, of course.

My philosophy when playing against the King's Gambit is to take
some, but usually not all of the material offered....but you keep offering more!!!

12.........B-K2
Well, learning curve. I have a devastating counter should black not go for the gambit to begin with, as they think the supporting pawn helps them command that center pawn on the board . . . only within a few moves I knock it out. No one on the quest board seems to understand it and follow through to this point. And I run into you, here of all places, and find someone to help teach me. Imagine how surprised I was.

13. N-B3
13........P-Q3
14. BxN

14........BxB
15. N-Q5

15......N-Q2

Oh, forgot to give my last move before supper. LOL!

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

After my eleventh move: B-K5. Are we on the same page? Will check from time to time.

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

I think your 11th move released the pressure too soon.
Don't think you have enough compensation for your 2 pieces with Queens off the board.
Maybe not, but I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. LOL! You seem to know the ins-and-outs of the gambit. I'm trying to think it out on the board, and I'm a little intimidated.

12 RxQ, of course.

My philosophy when playing against the King's Gambit is to take
some, but usually not all of the material offered....but you keep offering more!!!

12.........B-K2
Well, learning curve. I have a devastating counter should black not go for the gambit to begin with, as they think the supporting pawn helps them command that center pawn on the board . . . only within a few moves I knock it out. No one on the quest board seems to understand it and follow through to this point. And I run into you, here of all places, and find someone to help teach me. Imagine how surprised I was.

13. N-B3
13........P-Q3
14. BxN

14........BxB
15. N-Q5

15......N-Q2
16. QR-B1

Last edited:
2021-05-07 (2).png

After move 16 with black to follow,

View attachment 488064

16 QR-KB1.......R-K1

For move 16, you mean KR-KB1, right?

You meant YOU moved your QR to KB1.........right?
If you did, I moved my KR to K1

Can you see attachment on post #43? That's where we should be before your move, but, yes, QR to KB1 is my 16th move.

KR to K1 is your response?

With that response, I have this, and it's my move. Are we good?

2021-05-07 (4).png

Last edited:
View attachment 488064

16 QR-KB1.......R-K1

For move 16, you mean KR-KB1, right?

You meant YOU moved your QR to KB1.........right?
If you did, I moved my KR to K1

Can you see attachment on post #43? That's where we should be before your move, but, yes, QR to KB1 is my 16th move.

KR to K1 is your response?

With that response, I have this, and it's my move. Are we good?

View attachment 488074

We're good.

Forum List

Back