Chip your cat

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016

Cat lost in Yellowstone travels 800 miles to reunite with owners after two months

This is a lovely story but it does raise questions.
Who takes a pet on holiday with them ?
And why are Springfield cats and dogs chip free ?

Maybe these poor animals could have been seved ?
It doesnt cosr anything to chip your pet and it would save a lot of trouble.

Cat lost in Yellowstone travels 800 miles to reunite with owners after two months

good idea, tommy, "kit & chips" is a classic haitian combo.

it's a shame they aren't.

then they could track down the person that ate them.

1) It does cost something to microchip your pets 2) no way in hell I would travel 800 miles with a cat. I can barely get them 20 miles to the vet and 3) The residents of Springfield would probably be held financially liable if the Haitian who ate their fluffy got a chip stuck in their throat.

In truth it sounds good on paper, find your lost pet. In reality pets don't follow rules. An 800 mile trek for a cat wouldn't be a jaunt down the highway, it would be through the wilderness, across private property, and who knows what else. Even locally, particularly with cats, if you found the property they are on they don't often come running if you call.

It seems more like a feel good gesture than anything practical.

In truth it sounds good on paper, find your lost pet. In reality pets don't follow rules. An 800 mile trek for a cat wouldn't be a jaunt down the highway, it would be through the wilderness, across private property, and who knows what else. Even locally, particularly with cats, if you found the property they are on they don't often come running if you call.

It seems more like a feel good gesture than anything practical.
The cat looks fucked in the pic.

1) It does cost something to microchip your pets 2) no way in hell I would travel 800 miles with a cat. I can barely get them 20 miles to the vet and 3) The residents of Springfield would probably be held financially liable if the Haitian who ate their fluffy got a chip stuck in their throat.
I took my cat to the vets. It was a nightmare. She was huding ynder the front seat. Couldnt get her out.
Chips are really cheap over here. Hence the phrase "xgeap as chips."

I took my cat to the vets. It was a nightmare. She was huding ynder the front seat. Couldnt get her out.
Human chipping most likely will be more advanced in Western Europe including England than the United States soon enough.

I think they are like $60 or so at my vet. I have to trick my cats into the car carrier and slam it shut on them before they have a chance to escape. After that comes the 20 miles of incessant meowing each way. When we had dogs, I often would just get their vet come to my house and see them all as a pack. He retired though so it is now hard to find a vet who does house calls if it isn't a farm animal or something needing euthanized.

I think they are like $60 or so at my vet. I have to trick my cats into the car carrier and slam it shut on them before they have a chance to escape. After that comes the 20 miles of incessant meowing each way. When we had dogs, I often would just get their vet come to my house and see them all as a pack. He retired though so it is now hard to find a vet who does house calls if it isn't a farm animal or something needing euthanized.
Thats such a rip off. They more or lrdd give it away over here. I think its the bait to get you to sign up to a plan of some sort.

Forum List

Back