Chobani Yogurt Recall

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Chobani officially recalls moldy yogurt after complaints

U.S. yogurt-maker Chobani on Thursday said it is officially recalling certain cups of its Greek yogurt because they may be contaminated with mold, nearly a week after consumer complaints of illness sparked a quiet market withdrawal.

Chobani products marked with the code 16-012 and best-buy dates of Sept. 11, 2013 to Oct. 7, 2013 are affected by the voluntary recall. Federal Food and Drug Administration officials are working with the company to remove products from national retail sale, said spokeswoman Tamara Ward.

Officials with the Twin Falls, Idaho, firm did not identify the type of mold detected in the products, only saying that it is a kind typically found in a dairy environment. They said they were launching the recall because of "reports of product bloating and swelling and some claims of illness."

The recall includes all flavors Chobani of 3.5-ounce and 6-ounce cups and 16-ounce and 32-ounce tubs. It also includes all flavors of Chobani Bite and Chobani Champions 3.5-ounce cups, all flavors of Chobani Flip 5.3-ounce containers and all flavors of Chobani Champions 2.25-ounce tubes in eight, 16 and 36 count packages.

For a complete list of products, see the FDA's recall notice. (FDA link --->) Chobani, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Greek Yogurt Because of Product Concerns

Chobani officially recalls moldy yogurt after complaints - NBC News.com

I'm glad I don't buy any of that trendy, expensive, yuppy yogurt. I used to get Yoplait Light, but it has aspartame, so now I've switched to good ole Dannon Light. No aspartame.

My sister was visiting and left behind a Greek yogurt of some kind...perhaps it was Chobani. It was yucky. I'll stick with the Dannon.

I'm glad I don't buy any of that trendy, expensive, yuppy yogurt. I used to get Yoplait Light, but it has aspartame, so now I've switched to good ole Dannon Light. No aspartame.

My sister was visiting and left behind a Greek yogurt of some kind...perhaps it was Chobani. It was yucky. I'll stick with the Dannon.

I like the thickness of the Greek yogurt but it's a bit tart for me. I usually add a bit of honey. Greek yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt. :thup:

I like the thickness of the Greek yogurt but it's a bit tart for me. I usually add a bit of honey. Greek yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt. :thup:

Ah, is that the difference. I could probably use a little more protein in my diet. But I found the Greek yogurt my sister left behind a bit too tart, also. And I LIKE tart stuff. It was more bitter than tart.

And I checked the price in the store...costs too much. I eat one every day.

My body knows when it needs protein, I'll crave meat. So I usually just eat some meat. I'm not a vegetariatn, but too much meat grosses me out.

But maybe I'll check out the protein content in the Greek yogurt. Maybe I can acquire the taste for it, find a brand I like.

I'm digressing...better go! :)

Last edited:

Ah, is that the difference. I could probably use a little more protein in my diet. But I found the Greek yogurt my sister left behind a bit too tart, also. And I LIKE tart stuff. It was more bitter than tart.

And I checked the price in the store...costs too much. I eat one every day.

My body knows when it needs protein, I'll crave meat. So I usually just eat some meat. I'm not a vegetariatn, but too much meat grosses me out.

But maybe I'll check out the protein content in the Greek yogurt. Maybe I can acquire the taste for it, find a brand I like.

I'm digressing...better go! :)

I tried all the major brands and thought they all tasted disgusting, except for the Chobani. Try sweetening it with some honey. Just a bit, tspn or thereabouts.

So I emailed Chobani when this happened, gave them the info on the yogurt that I had, and asked what I should do. Took a bit but they finally responded and said for me to send them my address and they would send coupons. Just got my coupons for 8 free Chobani yogurts. Sweet!

There is no such a thing as Greek yogurt . Yogurt is a Turkish meal . The owner of Chobani Yogurt is a Kurdish descent Turkish person . He had released this yogurts as Turkish Yogurt at the beginning but noone buy it . Sales figures were very bad . They changed the name as Greek Yogurt and sales figures has exploded and was a well known brand in a short time . Same yogurt but different names .

The product called Greek Yogurt is dehydrated yogurt . The original name is Suzme Yogurt . Greeks steal everything as always .

Forum List

Back