Clinton vs Obama Years

How long have you been on this planet? When 1992 arrived Democrats were crawling out of the woodwork for a chance to run against Bush. Unfortunately the least capable one beat the other sperm, but it was a wide field. "Opted out" my ass.

Well, they were "crawling out of the woodwork" like the cockroaches they are. However, your memory fails you. The 1992 election was less than a year and a half after the ground war ended in the first Gulf war. Bush's approval rating exceeded 90%, and it remained high for months. By the time the economy really began to falter it was primary season. Lots of prominent Democrats opted out because at the time they had to make the decision to run and start raising money it was assumed that Bush would easily win a second term. Clinton was merely the most popular if a sub-par field.

Don't try to argue history if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Uh--- I do, dood. I was involved in it. No such "assumption" existed; Bush was unpopular by the beginning of '92; whatever he had built up with Iraq I was gone. You had Clinton, Tsongas, Kerrey, Harkin, Brown and a couple of others all vying with each other for a shot at him. I was there dood. I lived in northern New England and got involved in New Hampshire. Don't come in here unarmed, Junior. You're outta your league.

I was at the Florida Democratic Convention, straw ballot went big for CLINTON, 1991, reported widely, it helped lift him, I have read. I voted for Harkin. Clinton was....too much a politician, always grinning, reminded me of RR.

Neither one is worth a shit. Obama is a radical leftist who was not socialized as an American. Clinton's presidency was simply a mistake. Any Democrats worth a damn opted out of running again George H.W. Bush because of his vast popularity following the first Gulf war. Clinton was an unlikely beneficiary of an economic downturn.

Clinton was lucky. He and his advisors did not have a clue about economic matters. Clinton, for example, signed the banking deregulation bill that allowed commercial banks to involve in investment banking. This opened the door to the economic collapse in 2008. In addition, Clinton spearheaded the push for minority housing whereby unqualified people were given ARM mortgages guaranteed by Freddie Mac. We know how that turned out. The relative prosperity during Clinton's term occurred despite him. However, he still managed to screw things up. Clinton was so obviously and pathetically corrupt that the Arkansas state bar entered an order disbarring him from the practice of law in that state.

Obama is an inept hack. He is not a "constitutional lawyer". He has never litigated and had a hand out job as an adjunct prof teaching 1st yr. con law. Any lawyer can do that. Most importantly, he is a culturally maladjusted ideologue who has an agenda. Clinton, on the other hand, is a crooked, small time politician who got lucky. Fortunately for him, he is a decent politician. Obama is not a good politician.

Honestly, neither one has an ounce of good character. They both need years of therapy. Then there is Hillary - everybody's ex-wife rolled up into one miserable person. Why anyone would listen to her is beyond me. All 3 of these characters are public servant leeches with vey little real world experience. The most popular one - Bill Clinton - is looked up to with undying adoration by the Democratic Party. Why? He is a disbarred lawyer. He lied to the American people repeatedly, and not just about blow jobs. He has become very, very wealthy due to lobbying gigs for Arabs. Remember the ports authority scandal where He almost pulled off the feat of obtaining a security contract for our major ports in favor of an Arab country? The deal Hillary was rallying against when she was in the Senate? No, you probably do not remember this shit because Democrats apparently have no short term memory. Here Re a few more tidbits involving the Democrats favorite celebrity couple:

The fraudulent land deals of Hillary while she was at the Rose Law Firm

Bill constantly acting like a sexual predator while in state government, even sending the state troopers after one of the accusers

Vital American missile technology somehow getting into the hands of the Chinese under Bill's watch

Bill refusing to take Osama Bin Laden into custody when he had a chance

The FBI files on political rivals somehow turning up in the White House while Bill and Hillary were in office

The Lewinsky and the perjury in depositions

That whole weird Vincent Foster matter that ended in his suicide

I can go on, but do you really want me to? Dems have debilitating short-term memory problems. The bottom line is that the Clintons are not worthy of being looked up to. They are Arkansas trailer trash. Remember when shit ended up missing when the Clinton clan left the White House at the end of Bill's second term?

Compare this dirt bag to Obama? They are apples and oranges. I think that Obama is far more dangerous. We would be in far worse shape, obviously, if not for the House Republicans obstructing his agenda. They are similar in that they are both arrogant creeps who are bad for the country. But other than that, they are very different. I one were to liken them to movies, then Obama would be a serious yet ridiculous documentary about how the world is flat, and Clinton would be a cheap B movie with lots of sleaze and tits.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Excellent post.. thank you.

Well, they were "crawling out of the woodwork" like the cockroaches they are. However, your memory fails you. The 1992 election was less than a year and a half after the ground war ended in the first Gulf war. Bush's approval rating exceeded 90%, and it remained high for months. By the time the economy really began to falter it was primary season. Lots of prominent Democrats opted out because at the time they had to make the decision to run and start raising money it was assumed that Bush would easily win a second term. Clinton was merely the most popular if a sub-par field.

Don't try to argue history if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Uh--- I do, dood. I was involved in it. No such "assumption" existed; Bush was unpopular by the beginning of '92; whatever he had built up with Iraq I was gone. You had Clinton, Tsongas, Kerrey, Harkin, Brown and a couple of others all vying with each other for a shot at him. I was there dood. I lived in northern New England and got involved in New Hampshire. Don't come in here unarmed, Junior. You're outta your league.

I was at the Florida Democratic Convention, straw ballot went big for CLINTON, 1991, reported widely, it helped lift him, I have read. I voted for Harkin. Clinton was....too much a politician, always grinning, reminded me of RR.

Agreed - I got involved politically at that point and had them all ranked in preference. In that ranking Clinton came in dead last.

The one talent he had was campaigning and winning elections. So he got H.W. out of the WH (hee hee) but after election day was over all else was anticlimactic. I always wondered about those who said they were "disappointed" with Bull Clinton -- what were they expecting?

Forum List

Back