CNN Arizona debate thread

Ron Paul just blown it out of the fucking Park about Iran. Why the fuck go to war for something that isn't in our interest?

Then you are completely ignoring the other three candidates when they explained quite articulately why it is in our interest.

Gingrich is vastly overstating the current level of danger and warfare.

Stated it quite precisely actually.

This is interesting. I thought Gingrich's statement was absurd on its face, but perhaps it wasn't so bad. I recall him saying that American people or military personnel were in greater danger today than ever before. To me, that's silly. American troops were dying much more rapidly during WWII or the Civil War. There was a much greater chance of massive civilian deaths during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

RuPaul cannot figure out that we talked to the Soviets BECAUSE we knew they were not insane and didn't want to DIE but the Islamofucks don't care. They put bomb vets on their own children in the name of Allah.

Jesus. RuPaul is a dumbass.

It's very true. You use different tactics when dealing with athiests who are afraid to die and religious extremists who believe they will be rewarded in heaven if they die killing people.

RuPaul cannot figure out that we talked to the Soviets BECAUSE we knew they were not insane and didn't want to DIE but the Islamofucks don't care. They put bomb vets on their own children in the name of Allah.

Yes, I'm sure YOU will sign up to invade Iran. All but but Paul are ready to go to war; Paul of course actually SERVED in combat. The rest were just too busy!

Santorum said very plainly that he cast a vote (No Child) that went against his principles, in favor of one preferred by his principals. Fine to do, but can he get away with admitting it so explicitly?

Protect the First Amendment: Sign the Petition to Stop Obama Forcing the Catholic Church to Pay for the Murder of the Unborn

http://stopthebirthcontrolmandate.or...-the-petition/

Stop the catholic from forcing women to have chilren they do not want and making conceptives a crime. Sex for pleasure a sin. Not a life but a potential life. No one should be force to be a host to a parasite of any kind. Catholics want more catholics, use test tubes in a lab.

Last edited:

Yes, I'm sure YOU will sign up to invade Iran. All but but Paul are ready to go to war; Paul of course actually SERVED in combat. The rest were just too busy!

:clap2:

Certainly the auto industry had massive assets. But my statement was relevant to Grampa's claim, which is that I don't seem to understand the bankruptcy process.

There are different kinds of Bankruptcy. I don't have the type number but the big two involve two different kinds of processes.

Under one, a judge assumes control of all assets not legally protected (varies by state) and settles with out standing creditors via arbitration. Corporations typically do not survive this. This is Trump's preferred method as he abuses Florida bankruptcy protections.

The second is to gather your creditors together and via arbitration negotiate a restructuring of debt. This is the preferred method for corporations as it allows continued operation and retention of assets. However, IIRC, and I could be wrong, the auto industry tried this only to have the deal fall apart at the last minute. That meant they had to have a bailout or face the terminal other kind of bankruptcy. If they'd failed, we'd currently be in a depression. This is why the issue of private capital was important as the auto makers had insufficient capital to satisfy creditors and no way to raise more.

Last edited:
There ya go.... Ron Paul..... dangerous man. Absolutely dangerously naive in his views on foreign relations.

No, he is actually sane and not a warmongering neocon chicken-hawk like the rest of the jerks up there.

Why are all Paulites so ignorant of international relations? Do none of you people have passports?
Passports have nothing to do with the study of international affairs; going to another country might help understand the culture but few Americans are allowed in the nations we consider enemies. Paul brought up the Constitution in reference to war with Iran. The stay at home soldiers all joined the war chant.

Forum List

Back