Cnn! Wtf?!

Libtards are virtually NEVER held accoutable for serious crimes, so what's a little anti-police hate speech?

Words have power and impact. It's why you can't call people here certain things. Accuse a police department of corruption and the accusation alone can cause problems with real-world consequences.

Libtards are virtually NEVER held accoutable for serious crimes, so what's a little anti-police hate speech?

Words have power and impact. It's why you can't call people here certain things. Accuse a police department of corruption and the accusation alone can cause problems with real-world consequences.

You commitment to the First Amendment and to the Constitution is measured by how much you defend those rights for people you disagree with.

Started this thread only minutes after the remark, checking the time of this thread and looking for thertranscript on CNN this one matches the time (and they got it up quickly yay)

CNN.com - Transcripts

But searching for 'corrupt' nothing comes up. Unfortunately they don't use timestamps. But triggering my memory looking for it, the way the 'female person' said it was like a rapid fire slew of hypothetical questions "is the Ferguson police department corrupt?' - 'in pink a pretty color?' - 'are aliens among us?' like that. Latter two are just examples.

So either they didn't catch the remark being some kind of off the cuff, unscripted thing, or they intentionally edited it out since it could be considered libel.

Started this thread only minutes after the remark, checking the time of this thread and looking for thertranscript on CNN this one matches the time (and they got it up quickly yay)

CNN.com - Transcripts

But searching for 'corrupt' nothing comes up. Unfortunately they don't use timestamps. But triggering my memory looking for it, the way the 'female person' said it was like a rapid fire slew of hypothetical questions "is the Ferguson police department corrupt?' - 'in pink a pretty color?' - 'are aliens among us?' like that. Latter two are just examples.

So either they didn't catch the remark being some kind of off the cuff, unscripted thing, or they intentionally edited it out since it could be considered libel.

It's not libel

1) Libel is print media. Slander is broadcast.
2) It is protected political speech.

"libel

1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation."
Legal Dictionary | Law.com

Strictly speaking, asking a hypothetical isn't libel so this is purely academic.

There are certainly some irregularities in the way that police dept has worked for a number of years.

Given the horrendous actions we have seen in recent years involving police departments, perhaps her comments would serve to prod those departments to clean up their act.

Here is an incident from Tampa FL that should have resulted in an officer being fired and prosecuted:

Last edited by a moderator:
And protected political speech would be "Fuck those Ferguson coppers!" not "The Ferguson Police Department is corrupt." As it is, she didn't say it as a declarative but as a hypothetical, "Is the Ferguson Police Department corrupt?" but with other questions revealing the hypothetical nature.

Irresponsible and ill-advised if not actionable. Should still be fired though. "Knappy headed hoes" isn't illegal either.

Trying to make today's cookie batter listening to CNN's coverage of the Ferguson stuff when some bitch anchor says "...If the Ferguson police department a rogue police department?"

"What'd that bitch say?" my first reaction. How DARE you say that on-air! What purpose can that possibly serve?

If people loose their jobs for calling people 'nappy headed hoes' then that bitch should be shown the door.

I can only hope that the Ferguson PD is rogue. If it's standard American, then we are uncomfortably close to the USSR police state of the 1960's. Perhaps we have already passed it.

NO American should be comfortable with what the Ferguson PD did.

Yeah, what we really need to do as a society is to blur the lines between state and private control of State Police Departments, while simultaneously regulating locally controlled law enforcement agencies into irrelevance. That way 'the police state' could be nationally solidified and partially controlled by private interests wearing the mask of State Government! Great idea! :rolleyes:

Here's a better one, though: what say we hold individual officers responsible for their abuses of authority, which are relatively few and far between considering the size of our country, and leave the local P.D.'s to do what they do better than all other law enforcement agencies above them, namely protect and serve the citizens in their respective jurisdictions.

desperately trying to promote black victimization even after new incriminating evidence and video is leaking out against Brown is CNN and the left wing media machines standard of operations !! blame whitey!!! hate hate hate !!

Libel and Slander
Two torts that involve the communication of false information about a person, a group, or an entity such as a corporation. Libel is any Defamation that can be seen, such as a writing, printing, effigy, movie, or statue. Slander is any defamation that is spoken and heard.

And even without the question mark at the end of her sentence - it's not slander.

Every level of government is subject to criticism.

We wouldn't want it any other way.

desperately trying to promote black victimization even after new incriminating evidence and video is leaking out against Brown is CNN and the left wing media machines standard of operations !! blame whitey!!! hate hate hate !!

Whether Brown is an angel or an asshole, if he was not attacking the officer when he was shot, it is a serious crime. If, as witnesses testify, he had his hands raised, it is even worse.

Shooting an unarmed criminal when you are not being attacked in something that should send the officer to prison.

Been pointed out to me I shouldn't have called the anchorwoman a "bitch." I agree. That was inappropriate and I apologise. I was VERY upset and let my emotions shape my opinions and descriptions of an event. I should have waited to post.

Been pointed out to me I shouldn't have called the anchorwoman a "bitch." I agree. That was inappropriate and I apologise. I was VERY upset and let my emotions shape my opinions and descriptions of an event. I should have waited to post.

Well done. I appreciate a man who owns his mistakes and tries to have standards.

Rep coming when they re-load me.

I just don't think we want to live in a country where government and/or government agencies can penalize you for saying bad stuff about them.

Forum List

Back