Coca-Cola takes heat after 'Jesus' and 'Trump' not allowed on personalized cans, Kamala Harris is allowed

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is the new America.

China is going to win. You have to be very optimistic to not think they won't. Their global financial reach is expanding. Their ability to have Americans and their companies become more like them is staggering.

Coca-Cola raised the ire of American conservatives after reportedly banning words like ā€˜Jesusā€™ and ā€˜Trumpā€™ on personalized cans of coke sold online.

Videos posted on social media showed that words like ā€˜Jesus loves youā€™ and ā€˜Trump 2024ā€™ were not allowed to be printed on the cans while ā€˜Satanā€™, ā€˜Allahā€™ and ā€˜Kamala Harrisā€™ were. That led to some calling for a boycott of Coke products, since the banned words on the personalizing tool appeared to be anti-conservative.

But after complaints, Coca-Cola reportedly fixed the glitch, banning all words that are ā€œtrademarked, political in nature, names of countries, celebrities, religious figures, as well as anything that could be considered offensive for other reasons,ā€ according to the UKā€™s Daily Mail.

ā€œWe recognize technology is imperfect, which is why we have additional layers of approval.ā€

Always with the deep search to find something to be offended by.

This was one of the headlines on the Toronto Sun. I don't search for anything related to any election, mine or yours.

Correction, I did a search for the election winner in Taiwan and what his policies/positions were. Other than that, whatever is shown in MSM I post.

The critical question you have to ask is "what do we want to be representative of"? In the past, corporations never delved into politics. It's a losing proposition.

Now it seems, some probably believe that the government money that is increasing your debt massively can offset any lost revenue. This wasn't the case decades ago, certainly not to the extent today as government takes on debt and hands it to donors.

I know Warren Buffett for instance is a major Coca Cola shareholder. From what I understand he benefits greatly when oil is transported by rail rather say a pipeline from Canada.

This is the new America.

China is going to win. You have to be very optimistic to not think they won't. Their global financial reach is expanding. Their ability to have Americans and their companies become more like them is staggering.

Coca-Cola raised the ire of American conservatives after reportedly banning words like ā€˜Jesusā€™ and ā€˜Trumpā€™ on personalized cans of coke sold online.

Videos posted on social media showed that words like ā€˜Jesus loves youā€™ and ā€˜Trump 2024ā€™ were not allowed to be printed on the cans while ā€˜Satanā€™, ā€˜Allahā€™ and ā€˜Kamala Harrisā€™ were. That led to some calling for a boycott of Coke products, since the banned words on the personalizing tool appeared to be anti-conservative.

But after complaints, Coca-Cola reportedly fixed the glitch, banning all words that are ā€œtrademarked, political in nature, names of countries, celebrities, religious figures, as well as anything that could be considered offensive for other reasons,ā€ according to the UKā€™s Daily Mail.

I bet that pissed off a whole lot of Hispanic men!

Forum List

Back